PDA

View Full Version : K20a2

Dres97
05-13-2003, 11:57 PM
Alright, ive asked this question on another forum i got 20 different answers and nothing straight foward. So hear it goes... I know the k20a2 has an extra rocker arm and cams/ivtech thats more agressive.... so why dosnt anyone just switch these out and change ECU and transmission? wouldnt it be the same thing as a k20a2?:o

chakra71
05-14-2003, 07:37 AM
search, my friend.

it's been covered many times on here.

if you swap the head and ecu then you get the same vtec as as a K20A2, but you would also need to swap pistons to get the same compression. So yes, it would work, but it still wouldn't be as good as an RSX-S engine. The transmissions will swap without trouble, just have to modify the shifter in the EP so it will go into reverse in the 6-speed.

The prices to buy a new A2 head are about the same price as buying a used engine/transmission, then you add labor into the equation and you would pay more. Not really worth the trouble at this time.

SiRman
05-14-2003, 08:52 AM
I think he's talking about swaping just the internals of the head, not the whole head assy.

EPTree
05-14-2003, 10:16 PM
How much for the head pulled off a used engine? Ballpark and stuff. Pistons can't be that much.