PDA

View Full Version : tire care

513n179
05-14-2003, 12:51 AM
i was wondering if anyone knew of a product that works good on getting tires looking black without splattering all over when driven.

BarracksSi
05-14-2003, 02:35 AM
I've been using Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance tire gel, and haven't noticed any splattering.

With any tire dressing, I'd let it sit for a bit before driving around. This gel stuff seems to set itself more quicly than other products, though, and although not mirror-shiny, it keeps the tires dark & lasts a while.

AkronSi
05-14-2003, 06:01 AM
I also use the Meg's Endurance gel. Good stuff, and it smells like grapes :)

i-WERKS
05-14-2003, 08:12 AM
And it looks yummy too.

Meg's interior spray and gold glass wax smells great too.

alwayscleaning
05-14-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by BarracksSi
I've been using Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance tire gel, and haven't noticed any splattering.

With any tire dressing, I'd let it sit for a bit before driving around. This gel stuff seems to set itself more quicly than other products, though, and although not mirror-shiny, it keeps the tires dark & lasts a while.

Same here! Really good stuff if used properly.

BSEVEER
05-14-2003, 04:35 PM
Nothing wrong with Armor All. If it is splattering you are using too much.:D

golferjn
05-14-2003, 06:03 PM
yup, the meguiars works well. smells good too

02NITEHAWKSi EP
05-16-2003, 09:31 AM
1) Wash/scrub tires with diluted orange degreaser and strong brush. This removes old tire gloss plus dirt and stuff that makes your tire look like a brown color.
2)Let dry or wash the rest of car while your at it (Use car wash!!! Not Degreaser!!!)
3)Have a circle cut out from cardboard the size of your rim, this will prevent overspray to get on your shiny rims and dirt wont stick to them. (Measure your rim all the way accross, divide that number by 2. Cut string that size and tie to 2 pencils(leave some slack so you can tie it). Punch one pencil in middle of card board, go around with other pencil. Instant circle, cut out and wahla.)
4) I use Black Magic (best in my opinion and its silicone based so it will not dry out rubber)
5) Spary all 4 Tires
6) Come back to tire and rub it all in with 4" paintbrush (use this paintbrush just for tires)
7)Enjoy

A small paintbrush is great for getting other trim pieces like the rubber around the doors, windshield, wippers. Just spray the brush and apply. Much cleaner and you will have to rub off less off your windows and paint from mistakes.

FACTION95Si
05-23-2003, 04:08 PM
Endurance

Try to buy the box that comes with the bottle of Endurance and the foam application pad. The applicator pad works 200% better than applying it with a rag.

02TafWhtSi
05-30-2003, 04:30 PM
"No-Touch" Tire Care works really well - I use after every wash. Keeps eem' nice and dark without any browning or fading. And cheap too - $2.99 for a large aero can! :)