PDA

View Full Version : Have Questions On Springs And Camber Kits

JUNIOR LOPEZ
05-14-2003, 01:11 AM
HELLO EVERYBODY, I NEED SOME ANSWERS ON A COUPLE OF SPRINGS, WITCH SET UP SHOULD I GO WITH FOR THE BEST OF LOWERING AND THE BEST OF HANDLEING. TEIN S-TECH, SKUNK 2, NEUSPEED RACING. AND IF ANYBODY KNOWS WHAT IS THE RATE ON ALL THESE SPRINGS. AND DO U NEED THE FRONT AND REAR CAMBER KITS. AND IF ANYBODYCAN TELL ME ABOUT A GOOD BUY.
THANKS. BAYSICSI

Suk02Si
05-14-2003, 01:41 AM
Rear camber kit will be needed with any spring unless you get the pro kit. Front camber isnt off by very much so you can get away with not getting one.

Any coilover sleeve(ie: Skunk2 or Ground Control) will be bouncy and your car will ride like crap. If you want a decent drop with good handling your best bet would be to go with the Tein or Progress springs. The Neuspeed offers the lowest drop but is also the crummiest and noisiest ride.

FACTION95Si
05-14-2003, 08:39 AM
Suk I'm taking you for a ride in my car. Its not bouncy at all with the Ground Controls:D :D :D

esmith13
05-14-2003, 08:57 AM
My ride on Neuspeed Race has NO noise unless VERY poor roads and it is only bouncy at HIGH SPEED (over 75-80MPH).

All in all, considering I'm on stock shocks, I'm very pleased with the Neuspeed Race Springs!

Eric

Suk02Si
05-14-2003, 11:41 AM
BlackJDMep's skunk2's were noisey as hell and the car handled like crap. I was able to keep up with him in the canyon with stock suspension.

With Neuspeed Race, The car actually handled worse in some parts. The bounciness upset the balance of the car mid way through turns which was scary.

I've driven both cars and I'm much faster with a bone stock suspension over the Skunk2's or Neuspeed.

Coil-overs[sleeves] will not handle great at all unless you have aftermarket shocks to back 'em up. Take a drive through a nice canyon road and you'll noticed how bad the ride actually is.

Neuspeed Race springs' rates are really odd. The front springs are about 40% softer up front compared to stock and the rears are about 50% stiffer. On unprepared surfaces(ie:canyon roads, city street) the car will rock back and forth violently. I almost lost it a few times because of it.

The best setup would probably be Progress, which is track tuned. Their front rates are about 20-30% softer and their rears are about 40% stiffer. Paired together with their sways and you have a great setup for the track or local canyon. If your going to AutoX then the Progress front sway isn't necessary.

Civicvtec1ps
05-14-2003, 09:46 PM
i personally went with tein ss. full coilover setup,
if you get springs or sleeved coilovers then eventually you will need aftermarket shock.
but i see good reviews about neuspeed springs

Tenacious G
05-15-2003, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by JUNIOR LOPEZ
HELLO EVERYBODY, I NEED SOME ANSWERS ON A COUPLE OF SPRINGS, WITCH SET UP SHOULD I GO WITH FOR THE BEST OF LOWERING AND THE BEST OF HANDLEING. TEIN S-TECH, SKUNK 2, NEUSPEED RACING. AND IF ANYBODY KNOWS WHAT IS THE RATE ON ALL THESE SPRINGS. AND DO U NEED THE FRONT AND REAR CAMBER KITS. AND IF ANYBODYCAN TELL ME ABOUT A GOOD BUY.
THANKS. BAYSICSI

you're giving me a headache with the all caps ...

i have tein s-techs ... not yet installed, but i hear ride is pretty close to stock. plus i got a great deal at showstoppers. and i will eventually be putting a camber kit on just to be safe.