PDA

View Full Version : Using a buffer

Si02
05-14-2003, 06:25 PM
Can somebody tell me the proper way to apply the wax and take it off with a buffer? Also what bonnets do I need? Thanks

alwayscleaning
05-14-2003, 06:42 PM
Are you using a porter cable 7424 or some other type of orbital or a true rotary? If you are using the PC, get a meguiar's finishing pad and apply the wax to the pad,(set the pc @2000) then smear it on the paint to avoid splatter. With the pad ON the car spread the wax in a small section(maybe @half of the hood), you will be suprised how much less product you will use. You may want to tape off your moldings as well. I am assuming you are using a wax like meg's #26, not a cleaner wax. A CW would require you to use a meg's polishing pad and work it into the surface more. I have never used my pc to remove wax, so I can't help you there. I always just remove wax with microfiber by hand.

mrfixit687
05-15-2003, 07:05 AM
wax it by hand :)

sniperSI
05-15-2003, 08:21 AM
It's easy, #1 call it an orbital, a buffer is something that can burn your paint right of.

#2 use a small application pade and 'cut' the car. Kinda like outline the parts of the car you don't want to go over with the orbital. THings you don't want to get wax in like, wax around the door handles, the door posts, door jams, front bumber around the head lights, the bottem of the car, so you have a big wax outline around your car,

#3 just fill in the outlines of wax w/ the wax/orbital.

easy to do, takes you about 10 to 20 minutes, then you can wax it agian ;D

Si02
05-15-2003, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the info. The box says buffer/polisher but yes its an orbital. Ill probably apply the wax by hand then take it off with the orbital. What kind of bonnet do I use to take it off and then to polish it to a shine?