PDA

View Full Version : Tips for new Si buyers

snubnose
08-12-2002, 11:53 AM
A lot of potential Ep buyers come to this site asking for advice. Let me start with a few tips. Feel free obviously to disagree or add advice of your own.

1. Dealers cannot give these cars away. Under no circumstances pay over invoice, 17,888, for this car. For your first price, see if they will sell this car for $16,000.

2. Dealers will try to charge you around $2,000 for the "appearance package," which consists of pinstripe tape, wheel well trim and mudguards. Don't pay a penny for this.

3. Dealers will try to charge you for paint protection, scotch guard and various other services. Don't fall for this. Pay for the car and the tags, that's all you need.

nikkotyper
08-12-2002, 12:50 PM
Having loJack will lower your insurance and "theoretically" deter thieves.

Anything else: PASS UP.

iR-VTEC2
08-12-2002, 01:36 PM
Forget the dealers, go to the owners!

hatchblack
08-12-2002, 02:15 PM
this site has made a big difference in my decision. my local dealers are less than happy that i have this pricing info provided by ep owners...much of which they deny. they still believe that they should start negotiating at sticker...the only thing that scares me is hondas view of the slow sales and their decision to release a 2003 si..i know this has been discussed previously. my other question is...where is the bottom? i'm seeing reports of mid 15's and 16's are now pretty common. now i hear honda is looking at 4.9 for 60 mo.....doesn't anyone wonder about potential resale value? trying hard to get one...just being patient

efcee
08-12-2002, 05:46 PM
im also playing the waiting game i just dont want to end up waiting too long. i always think what if the car gets popular or something uhg id have to pay more cash. i e-mailed my nearest honda dearler again asking about selling the hatch for 16000 on the website they advertise a 'special internet price' but i dunno if it is what the tag in the window said something like 18172 or soemthing close to that

and 4.9% financiing isnt that kinda high? i dunno much about rates but i have seen on tv lately domestic dealerships are offering 0%....

punkdork
08-12-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by efcee
*snip*

and 4.9% financiing isnt that kinda high? i dunno much about rates but i have seen on tv lately domestic dealerships are offering 0%....

0 is normally 3 years.
2.9 for 4 years and
4.9 for 5 years... or something along those lines.

MPgrunt81
08-13-2002, 12:09 PM
At the honda I buy from their offering 3.9% for 60months. Thaanks for all the great info.