PDA

View Full Version : For them but not us?

02TafWhtSi
05-15-2003, 06:56 AM
Just wondering why newer Jettas/Golfs/GTi's have replacement struts available (from Tokico/H&R) and we do not. Doesn't VW use the strut front suspension like Honda does for the new Civics? Just seems like the setup has already been developed for them so why not just convert it to the new Hondas?

BlasTech
05-15-2003, 08:12 AM
I got a confirmation that KYB will have AGX's available this fall. That's a step in the right direction, but they might just make them for the sedan.

FACTION95Si
05-15-2003, 08:36 AM
I think its all because of money. There aren't enough EPs out there. Let alone enough that want aftermarket struts. So the strut manufacturers aren't in a hurry to get off their asses to sink some money into manufacturing aftermarket struts for the EP.

Economics :(

2k3vbpEP
05-15-2003, 09:15 AM
Honda needs to get off their asses and market the EP, I have yet to see a commercial for the SI and the people I work with didn't know Honda made a hatchback anymore much less the SI. If it was marketed properly I guarantee they would sell alot more of them and we would have the parts that we all want.

Skunk2EP
05-15-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by FACTION95Si
I think its all because of money. There aren't enough EPs out there. Let alone enough that want aftermarket struts. So the strut manufacturers aren't in a hurry to get off their asses to sink some money into manufacturing aftermarket struts for the EP.

Economics :(

Not necessarily true because 01+Rsx/type-S and 01+civic coupe use the same front strut.

2k3vbpEP
05-15-2003, 12:10 PM
They are different. The bolt sizes are different and the dempening rates are different (Koni has said they are working on one for the SI and it will be different than the RSX ones). Also the spoon parts between the Type-R civic and the Type-R integra (RSX in the US) are different part numbers

TEKBRAIN
05-17-2003, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by 2k3vbpEP
Koni has said they are working on one for the SI
Are you sure?

FACTION95Si
05-17-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by 2k3vbpEP
They are different. The bolt sizes are different and the dempening rates are different (Koni has said they are working on one for the SI and it will be different than the RSX ones). Also the spoon parts between the Type-R civic and the Type-R integra (RSX in the US) are different part numbers

I've hear the only difference between the RSX and Si strut is the way the tie rod connects to the strut arm.