PDA

View Full Version : Fix for the Moonroof "Feature"

Shark
05-15-2003, 01:38 PM
http://sourcecodegeeks.com/public/civic/

Sounds like too much work for me. Headliners and those plastic panels never go back the way they came off.

BlasTech
05-15-2003, 01:40 PM
Lots of people are looking for this! :) Thanks

DynaSpeed
05-15-2003, 01:42 PM
VEERRRRY NIIIICE!

I'm doing it tonight, for sure.

trk
05-15-2003, 01:45 PM
word.

gracias.

mhx
05-15-2003, 01:46 PM
thats cool lots of plastic to break :=\

gotta be an easier way to just UNplug that Plug?

btw shit never goes back to the way it was.. so beware if you do this mod

Mugen_EP
05-15-2003, 01:48 PM
Why does the dome light not look like an 02-03 Si's?? All the other pics look good though.

mhx
05-15-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
Why does the dome light not look like an 02-03 Si's?? All the other pics look good though.

cause its the rear dome light.. not the front.

fsugatorbait
05-15-2003, 01:52 PM
That looks like the light for the rear seat.

Mugen_EP
05-15-2003, 01:58 PM
OK thanks guys.

iVtec si
05-15-2003, 02:17 PM
I really don't mind the stupid saftey feature.
I just want the damn roof to go all the way back into the opening!

glizard
05-15-2003, 04:17 PM
thank you! thank you! thank you!

IceD out N CALI
05-15-2003, 04:18 PM
thanks for the heads up:)

STL-EP
05-16-2003, 08:31 AM
Seems like it would be easier to trace the wires from that sensor plug to a more accessible location, like where they enter a computer under the dash, and just clip them. I'll look through my Helm manual tonight and see if I can find out where they go.

STL-EP

mhx
05-16-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by STL-EP
Seems like it would be easier to trace the wires from that sensor plug to a more accessible location, like where they enter a computer under the dash, and just clip them. I'll look through my Helm manual tonight and see if I can find out where they go.

STL-EP

good keep us posted.

Suk02Si
05-16-2003, 01:05 PM
pretty cool; I'll be attempting this when I get my car back.

Type X
05-16-2003, 05:49 PM

STL-EP

exactly

as opposed to breaking 50 clips and having a sag in my new car

chet
05-16-2003, 06:32 PM

STL-EP

SOunds like a great idea. But honestly guys, is the safety feature that much to deal with?? Just gotta count 1 .2 .3. and push the button again, no big deal.

SmoothOperator
05-16-2003, 06:34 PM
^^No time to count when I'm heel toeing, and bumpin to my tunes at the same time! lol jokes
It's just a bit of an aggravation. If an easier way to do this is discovered, I'll be all over it!

STL-EP
05-16-2003, 08:41 PM
So this sucks. The Helm manual indicates that the control module for the moonroof is--you guessed it--in the roof. The only way to inactivate the stop sensor is to drop the headliner. Oh well. I guess I'll just keep counting 1-2-3...

This has got to be the dumbest feature I've ever seen on a car. It's not like the moonroof closes in a nanosecond, or closes with sufficient force to amputate fingers. Surely Honda thinks the average owner (or owner's passenger) is smart enough to get their fingers the F--- out of the way...

STL-EP

chet
05-16-2003, 08:48 PM
This has got to be the dumbest feature I've ever seen on a car. It's not like the moonroof closes in a nanosecond, or closes with sufficient force to amputate fingers. Surely Honda thinks the average owner (or owner's passenger) is smart enough to get their fingers the F--- out of the way...

STL-EP

Wasn't there a sunroof surfing deathwish epidemic a few years ago?? J/K :D

It's hard to say why there's such a feature. Maybe there's some really tall big headed phuckers that got there heads stuck in the moonroof.

myeverlovinsir
05-16-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by chet

SOunds like a great idea. But honestly guys, is the safety feature that much to deal with?? Just gotta count 1 .2 .3. and push the button again, no big deal.

I agree, but the one who does it the cleanest wins. lol:p

chakra71
05-17-2003, 09:00 AM
I just did this on my car... took all of 30 minutes with no broken plastic pieces or anything. The walkthru covered all the areas of potential problems.

The only part that bothered me was the part where he broke the clip. it may seem odd, but you do have to push forward a good bit to make the clip release. It's one of those things where you just know you're pushing too hard and it's going to break any second... and then it lets go, just like it's sposed to.

glw
05-17-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by chakra71
I just did this on my car... took all of 30 minutes with no broken plastic pieces or anything. The walkthru covered all the areas of potential problems.

The only part that bothered me was the part where he broke the clip. it may seem odd, but you do have to push forward a good bit to make the clip release. It's one of those things where you just know you're pushing too hard and it's going to break any second... and then it lets go, just like it's sposed to. yep... that's definitely the toughest spot, the roof bends and bends and finally lets go, but no visable bend marks... i actually broke mine pulling down trying to see how to get it off becasue the manual isn't clear on it. all the other clips all came off with no problem... some others want one touch for the moonroof and i'm still looking into how we might could do that...

it seems most people disn't see my post under RiceCzechs thread under interior. there are many more responses here in general...

DjMacAtack
05-18-2003, 10:29 AM
i just did this and did something totally different whent it came to the 2 clips in the back.

instead of pushing forward, i noticed i could see the black of the clips. so i reached into the black area with a screwdriver and pryed it downward. this worked great for me, but i dont recommend it if you have bad aim and dont think you can touch the black connector

quick n easy..

oh and you dont have to pull off all the rubber lining, just the top 1/4 is more than enough