PDA

View Full Version : When to get alignment after spring installation?

Si02
05-16-2003, 09:13 AM
I've heard that I should wait to get an alignment until the springs settle, but I was talking to the Honda dealership and they guy said I should get it aligned when I get the springs installed. He said the springs shouldn't settle at all it they are proprerly installed. I'm also getting a camber kit put on the same day. Should I get the springs installed then wait a little then get the camber kit put on with an alignment or get it all done in one day?

BlairSpeed
05-16-2003, 10:33 AM
Ive talked to a few people about this and most say that the spring settles within the first few miles of driving and thats it. THey dont take a few days or whatever, its just a few miles, then they are settled.

Some people will tell you that springs take awhile to settle, this is so people have time to adjust to the firmer ride themselfs, not the car. :D

ThickMick
05-16-2003, 11:55 AM
I would wait a couple of days then get the alignment. I just got some springs installed and an alignment right after on Tuesday. It was fne when I drove it home, but the next morning it pulled to the right (alignment off!). So I'm bringing it back in on Monday for the final alignment.

See, its good to learn from other peoples mistakes. You might want to move this to suspension for a more concrete answer. The moderator over there is good and can probally help you out.