PDA

View Full Version : CMR3 - friggin awesome

cmk05
05-16-2003, 10:45 AM
To all those who own a Playstation 2 - you must get and play Colin McRae Rally 3. Friggin awesome I tell you.

Don't discount this game just because most of you are focus haters. No glitches or recalls either.

My vision's been super blurry these past few weeks from not blinking for 4 minutes at a time.

Content-wise, the game isn't so rich, besides the many, many various, interesting and intense stages. But from behind the wheel, or joypad, I dare say it kicks Gran Turismo's ass. For real.

Did you guys catch WRC Argentina? Pretty friggin awesome, no? Markko Martin's focus looked pretty good til it blew up. Gronholm is like superman. McRae can't seem to keep it together any more. And my fav Sainz got robbed of a win.

to the Sens fan north of the border... relevance - er... our rally-inspired shifter makes this post relevant .

Makross
05-16-2003, 11:31 AM
move to video games

ThickMick
05-16-2003, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I saw it last night, you just can't keep Marcos down. That dude can drive. I feel bad for Martin Tho, the same freakin thing happened to him in New Zealand. It's funny how low they sit in that Focus too, they look like two old grandma's peaking over the stearing wheel.

Everytime I watch that thing on speed I'm like "man, what a life, travel the world and race, Sheeeeeit". :)

You think they would ever come to the US and compete?

cmk05
05-16-2003, 12:06 PM
Yea - Gronholm seems bulletproof. The entire Peugeot team sometimes. Did you see how many Peugeot emblems appeared in the top 8? And only 2 years ago, they sucked and couldn't complete any rallies. Now Subaru with Tommi Makkinen can barely hang on, Mitsu dropped out of the 2k3 season and Hyundai is hot - nearly beating out Subaru last year. Citroen is super hot in its first full season and Ford lost it's 2 big stars, but they're still hanging on. I can't think of a more sophisticted and exciting form of racing.

I think there are some professional rallies held stateside - organized by SCCA - but those competitions get eclipsed from our attention by the likes of NASCAR.

cmk05
05-16-2003, 12:08 PM
66 posts! yay! DOH!

ballsdeep
05-16-2003, 12:28 PM
I've been playing it for a week now and I do like it but I wouldnt buy it. The actual game play is awesome and the levels are way cool but theres a butt load of down time while loading and there isnt much to do. I would rent it because you will beat it in a week. Its a great game but GT3 it is not.