PDA

View Full Version : Need wiring help with my components.

ssvr6
05-16-2003, 12:44 PM
I bought a Rockford Fosgate Fanatic P component set up for my ride. It comes with 2 6.5's that fit with no cutting and 2 3/4" tweeters that fit in the stock location with some dremel modification.

My problem is with the wiring....

They come with a crossover for each side and a length of wire. I have to hook up the signal to one side and then the tweeters and mids from the other. My problem is...where do I go to get the signal from? In the door, the wire is covered and then it splits to the tweeter and and mid.

What do I do now? I've never done this kind of install but I'm confident that I can.

Please help me out guys!

Steve

ssvr6
05-16-2003, 12:49 PM
BTW--Here's a pic with what I'm dealing with.

Steve

2K2SilverSi
05-16-2003, 03:22 PM
the wire that connects to the stock woofer is the wire you want to use to hook up the the crossover that came with the component set. The wire that hooks up the the stock tweeters is just a split of that wire and caries the same signal that the one going to the woofer does but you can get a harness adapter for the one that connects to the woofer at circuit city/ best buy so you wont have to cut off any factory harnesses. the factory tweeters have a crossover built into them to prevent low range from going to them.

ssvr6
05-16-2003, 05:14 PM
Excellent! That was exactly what I was looking for. I have the adapter for the cable and I should be done with this by tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

2K2SilverSi
05-17-2003, 04:07 AM
no problem glad to be of assistance