PDA

View Full Version : Camber Kit help

Will2K2
05-16-2003, 02:18 PM
What does the Front Ingalls Camber kit consist of?, cause Keystone quoted me a price of $18 for the front and $110 for the rear??????????

Is the front just a set of replacement bolts or something??????

-Also, any input on the variety of camber kits available would be helpful

Thanks

Will

31102si
05-16-2003, 02:20 PM
yes they are just replacement bolts:)

HondaMan
05-16-2003, 02:48 PM
I have a SPC rear camber kit installed. I'll also sell you the SPC front camber bolts for $20.

FACTION95Si
05-16-2003, 02:51 PM
I just bought the SPC front kit for $30 from Showstoppers and $140 for the SPc rear kit.

Will2K2
05-18-2003, 12:40 PM
Thanks guys

Any more input?

W

FailureToStop
05-18-2003, 08:46 PM
Those are good prices for a front ($18) and rear ($110) Ingalls. Does "Keystone" have a website?

As far as camber kits for the rear, they are pretty much the same design.

For the fronts there is the bolt (Ingalls, H&R, etc.) or a camber plate (Ground Control, Tein, etc.). There really isn't a big variety in design for the EP.

ep88
05-18-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by FailureToStop
Those are good prices for a front ($18) and rear ($110) Ingalls. Does "Keystone" have a website?

damn i paid 156 shipped (f&r) for mines :'(

Civicvtec1ps
05-18-2003, 09:08 PM
130 shipped for ingalls front and rear camber kit:cool:
www.hondawerx.com
check it out.

FailureToStop
05-18-2003, 09:30 PM
Hmm... hope they still have them at that price when I actually get the $ :D

Only problem is they have it for $130 and then for $138 when you click on the link...

But either $130/8 shipped is a kick-ass price.

Civicvtec1ps
05-18-2003, 09:42 PM
Hmm... hope they still have them at that price when I actually get the $ :D

Only problem is they have it for $130 and then for $138 when you click on the link...

But either $130/8 shipped is a kick-ass price.
just let me know. i know owner of that site so shouldnt have any problem with hooking yall with 130 shipped. hopefully:cool:

IceD out N CALI
05-18-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps

just let me know. i know owner of that site so shouldnt have any problem with hooking yall with 130 shipped. hopefully:cool:

sounds good:)

Will2K2
05-21-2003, 05:38 AM

For the fronts there is the bolt (Ingalls, H&R, etc.) or a camber plate (Ground Control, Tein, etc.). There really isn't a big variety in design for the EP.

Keystone is a Major Distributor of parts on the east coast.

To make things even worse, these are the prices I was quoted in CANADIAN dollars!!!!!

www.key-stone.com

potator
05-21-2003, 03:37 PM
Can anyone explain to me what exactly are Camber Kits, and Bump Stops? And what do they do? Who will need them? I hear about them in the forums, and it seems they go together when installing lowering springs? I have no idea what they are, nor what they do. But I would really like to know, because I will be ordering the Tein springs for my EP soon. And I just want to know if I'll be needing to get these Bump Stops and Camber Kits as well. A big thank you goes out to anyone who can help in advance.

cjonesgo
05-21-2003, 04:00 PM
A camber kit will correct the angle of your tire. (This is debateable, but...)The angle of your tire to the ground should be 90 degrees. There is of course a certain accepted tolerance, but you get the idea.
By lowering the car you will be changing this angle. As the tires move "up" the angle will increase out where the tire meets the ground (tops of tires angle towards center of car). This is good for traction, but you will go through tires faster.
I just installed the Teins a few weeks ago, and have yet to purchase the camber kit. I will soon, there is a pretty dramatic negative camber going on in the back.
Also, when you do lower your car, let the springs settle in for a week or so and get your alignment done! You will need it. Mine was off by quite a bit. usually around $60-$80. You may as well just factor this in on the cost of springs, camber kit etc.

So if you want to save tires, buy the camber kit. It's cheaper than a new set of rubber.

If you want the maximum amount of traction, buy the camber kit and add even more camber. heehee...

02SilverSiHB
05-21-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by potator
Can anyone explain to me what exactly are Camber Kits, and Bump Stops? And what do they do? Who will need them? I hear about them in the forums, and it seems they go together when installing lowering springs? I have no idea what they are, nor what they do. But I would really like to know, because I will be ordering the Tein springs for my EP soon. And I just want to know if I'll be needing to get these Bump Stops and Camber Kits as well. A big thank you goes out to anyone who can help in advance.
Bump stops are on the shocks. They are there to keep you from bottoming out when you hit a larger pump or pot hole. They are sometimes cut in half to prevent a harsh ride when you lower the car.

Camber kits do what they guy above just said.
Camber kits explained
Much is made of the necessity for restoring and maintaining your vehicle

cjonesgo
05-21-2003, 04:28 PM
Hands down the best explaination I have ever heard!! Can we flag this thread so any future questions can be directed here?
Nice write-up!!

Out of curiosty, do you reccomend a camber kit for a 1.5" drop? Still saving up fo rthe kit, but I am fairly convinced that I need it. According to the alignment chart I got when the toe was adjusted, I am outside the factory tolerance. Don't remember how much though...

02SilverSiHB
05-21-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by cjonesgo
Hands down the best explaination I have ever heard!! Can we flag this thread so any future questions can be directed here?
Nice write-up!!

Out of curiosty, do you reccomend a camber kit for a 1.5" drop? Still saving up fo rthe kit, but I am fairly convinced that I need it. According to the alignment chart I got when the toe was adjusted, I am outside the factory tolerance. Don't remember how much though...
for the rear you definitely will to be in specs, but you may be able to get away without it in the front. you would probably be off by a little, but not much. The front is barely affected by droping, when it comes to camber.

Oh, that was a write up by www.progressauto.com :D

cjonesgo
05-21-2003, 05:07 PM
Nice copy/paste anyway...
Front is still within factory tolerance, if only just. I think that if you drop any more than 1.5" you will be outside in both the front and back.
I'll be ordering the camber kit soon. I got my alignment done at wheelworks. There is a one year warrenty that I plan on taking advantage of. "I think my back camber is off... can you guys take a look at it?" ;)

Also, I did not cut my rear bumpstop. I haven't bottomed out (yet). Any tips on whether I should cut it? Or is it better to just leave it alone?

02SilverSiHB
05-21-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by cjonesgo
Nice copy/paste anyway...
Front is still within factory tolerance, if only just. I think that if you drop any more than 1.5" you will be outside in both the front and back.
I'll be ordering the camber kit soon. I got my alignment done at wheelworks. There is a one year warrenty that I plan on taking advantage of. "I think my back camber is off... can you guys take a look at it?" ;)

Also, I did not cut my rear bumpstop. I haven't bottomed out (yet). Any tips on whether I should cut it? Or is it better to just leave it alone?
I don't think it's a big deal on a 1.5" drop. If you haven't noticed any probs, I wouldn't do it.

potator
05-21-2003, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the big explanation. I think I kinda realize what the bump stops are for, but I just couldn't understand the Camber kit concept. Can anyone tell me, in a nutshell, what Camber Kits are, and what they do/are needed for? An explanation in a situation where one wants to drop his EP 1.5 inches using the Tein Springs would be nice. Thanks again guys.

raiyo
05-26-2003, 11:35 PM
Did you ordered from them? 130/138 is a good price. Any idea if those would fit our car?

Anyone got part numbers on the front and rear kits? The Ingall site is a mess, not sure if it is for our cars.

Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
130 shipped for ingalls front and rear camber kit:cool:
www.hondawerx.com
check it out.

TezGari
06-01-2003, 08:21 PM
Do my lil ep3 need a camber kit if im droppin her 1.5inches (TEIN)?

Also when i do orderthem what kinda bushing should i pick (hondawerxs)? $130.00 shipped........

Polyurethane bushings: are designed for a performance like ride. Polyurethane may squeak if not properly lubricated. You should use a lubricate will not wash away. Once the lubricate is washed out or contaminated from road grime the lubricate will no longer be effective. You will need to re-lubricate.

Rubber bushings: are designed for the "street" use only vehicle. They provide a more factory like ride. These bushings do not need to be lubricated, but will not provide you with that "tight" suspension feel.

SiR_d1
06-04-2003, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by raiyo
[B]Did you ordered from them? 130/138 is a good price. Any idea if those would fit our car?

Anyone got part numbers on the front and rear kits? The Ingall site is a mess, not sure if it is for our cars.

has anyone bought these camber kits yet?

those are the cheapest prices out there right now

ep88
06-04-2003, 04:25 PM
Ingalls part #

F: 81280
R: 38970

got 'em at importhorizon.com ;)

321 GO
06-07-2003, 12:43 AM
here is a pic of what the front kit consists of. actually the part # changed. its now 3544PR. or at least that is what the box says. it says "replacement for: 81280, 264-3644, 616-1038 16mm MacPherson Strut Camber Adjuster". also, if i remember right you can get 1 adjuster or 2 (for each side) depending on how much camber correction you need.

dEeMcEe02si
06-22-2003, 11:08 PM
man.. i dont even think you need to get a front camber kit.. unless you drop ur car more then 2.5.. i just installed neuspeed race today (2.0) drop all around... i didnt even use the front.. it doesnt look safe using those bolts... seems like it would move around too much.. i would suggest using the rear control arm camber kits thought.. a must.. but i think i wassted 30 bucks on my front kit.. no need!!!!!:mad:

02SilverSiHB
06-23-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by dEeMcEe02si
man.. i dont even think you need to get a front camber kit.. unless you drop ur car more then 2.5.. i just installed neuspeed race today (2.0) drop all around... i didnt even use the front.. it doesnt look safe using those bolts... seems like it would move around too much.. i would suggest using the rear control arm camber kits thought.. a must.. but i think i wassted 30 bucks on my front kit.. no need!!!!!:mad:
I needed one. They don't move around. They work just fine. People have needed them even for only about a 1.8" drop.

HondaMan
06-23-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

I needed one. They don't move around. They work just fine. People have needed them even for only about a 1.8" drop.

Well, I think the drop with Progress springs in the front is 1.8 inches and I didn't need a camber kit. However, a rear camber kit is a must. :)

super_si_45
06-29-2003, 05:42 PM
I have sprint springs and the drop is at least 2" somewhere between there and 2 2/4", anyways, i thought i did not need a camber kit either until the other day my passenger side tire went flat :( when i looked at it, the tire was fine until i saw the inside was nothin but wire, anyways, what im getting to is: will the hondawerx.com kit they have work for my problem or the ingalls?:D

civic-si 2003
07-21-2003, 07:50 PM
+ camber

civic-si 2003
07-21-2003, 07:51 PM
- camber

Jontis
08-19-2003, 12:38 AM
I wanna be able to adjust my caster as well...
Anyone that know where to get a adjustable
bearing for the top of the suspension leg?

Do i make sense? ;)

dEeMcEe02si
08-19-2003, 01:08 AM
i went to big o tires and they do alignment for 69 bucks... they adjust that for you... its good... they do a great job and you can come back as many times as you want within 6 months or 6,000 miles.. what ever comes first.. but they good at adjusting it.. they also give you a print out that shows the adjustments and the stock specs your supposed to have.. hope that helps.. i dont think you need a caster adj for the ep.. just bring it there and they will help you.. they got mine straight and that made a big diff..

Jontis
08-19-2003, 01:26 AM
Stock Caster on the CTR is 1,33 degrees. I want about 5...
That's why i after the adjustables.

02SilverSiHB
08-19-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Jontis
Stock Caster on the CTR is 1,33 degrees. I want about 5...
That's why i after the adjustables.
wow you want 5! wow! that's 3 out of stock range...if it's the same as the si, may not be.
Mine is at 1.7 right now.

LHD_EP3
08-26-2003, 06:08 PM
I just installed my Ingalls rear camber kit and I think it may have lifted my car about an inch. Has anyone else had this problem?
It just doesn't look as low as it used to.

02SilverSiHB
08-26-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by MD_EP3
I just installed my Ingalls rear camber kit and I think it may have lifted my car about an inch. Has anyone else had this problem?
did you have a shop do the alignment after installing it? If not you need too :) What probably happened is, it brought your camber closer to stock, where as you were too far in the negative. When it brought it closer to stock it made it look like it is not as low...or vice versa.

IceD out N CALI
08-26-2003, 07:11 PM

did u get a one inch lifting overall or just the rear?

LHD_EP3
08-26-2003, 07:14 PM
Roger that mate! Thats probably exactly what happened. I'm not liking that too much, I think I might just have to put it back to the way it was. That camber kit is very sensitive, I only adjusted it about a quarter of an inch longer than the stock ones and it almost looks like I have positive camber.

LHD_EP3
08-26-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI

did u get a one inch lifting overall or just the rear?

Looks like it did it mostly in the rear but the front may be a little higher as well, not as noticeable though.

02SilverSiHB
08-26-2003, 07:17 PM
Roger that mate! Thats probably exactly what happened. I'm not liking that too much, I think I might just have to put it back to the way it was. That camber kit is very sensitive, I only adjusted it about a quarter of an inch longer than the stock ones and it almost looks like I have positive camber.
you're not supposed to do it like that. Just take it to an alignment shop and let them do it. They'll set it correctly for you. An inch is a lot more than you think!

02SilverSiHB
08-26-2003, 07:18 PM

Looks like it did it mostly in the rear but the front may be a little higher as well, not as noticeable though.
so I take it you just installed all the camber kits front and back without an alignment yet? Please tell me you are getting an alignment soon :( :o :angel: :'(

IceD out N CALI
08-26-2003, 07:18 PM

crazy. wouldnt think it would raise it an inch or hardly at all

LHD_EP3
08-26-2003, 07:22 PM

you're not supposed to do it like that. Just take it to an alignment shop and let them do it. They'll set it correctly for you. An inch is a lot more than you think!

Yeah I probably shouldn't but its not as easy over here as it is in S.A. to get stuff done. I tried getting it aligned once when I got it dropped and nobody wanted to touch my car because it had been modified from stock. People are idiots over here. Wish I was
back in S.A.

LHD_EP3
08-26-2003, 07:26 PM

crazy. wouldnt think it would raise it an inch or hardly at all

Maybe it didn't actually raise the car but it did leave about an inch more space in the wheel well. I'll be adjusting it back tomorrow, and this time I'm measuring it.

02SilverSiHB
08-26-2003, 07:26 PM

Yeah I probably shouldn't but its not as easy over here as it is in S.A. to get stuff done. I tried getting it aligned once when I got it dropped and nobody wanted to touch my car because it had been modified from stock. People are idiots over here. Wish I was
back in S.A.
damn man, that blows. So not even sears (if there is one there) will help you out?

IceD out N CALI
08-26-2003, 07:29 PM

Maybe it didn't actually raise the car but it did leave about an inch more space in the wheel well. I'll be adjusting it back tomorrow, and this time I'm measuring it.

i gotcha. well let us know how it turns out:)

LHD_EP3
08-26-2003, 07:31 PM

damn man, that blows. So not even sears (if there is one there) will help you out?

Never tried Sears but most places just tell me they can't do it because they won't be able to get it within stock specifications.
I probably need to get it aligned but I really can't tell a difference because its not pulling and I haven't noticed any unusual tire wear. I'm currently dropped on Progress springs, so it isn't that low.

02SilverSiHB
08-26-2003, 07:34 PM

Never tried Sears but most places just tell me they can't do it because they won't be able to get it within stock specifications.
I probably need to get it aligned but I really can't tell a difference because its not pulling and I haven't noticed any unusual tire wear. I'm currently dropped on Progress springs, so it isn't that low.
man, must be some major morons saying they can't get it in specs. I had progress and they could get it in specs. Shit, my car is lower now, way lower and is in specs...well except for the front, which I wanted some negative camber

LHD_EP3
08-26-2003, 07:36 PM

i gotcha. well let us know how it turns out:)

Yeah, I will.

Kirei
09-07-2003, 11:17 AM
I got quoted $165 for the ingalls front and rear camber kit. Anyone else know of where I could order for a better price? Thanks.

02SilverSiHB
09-07-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Kirei
I got quoted $165 for the ingalls front and rear camber kit. Anyone else know of where I could order for a better price? Thanks.
www.importhorizon.com is the best place that I know of. I have a front camber kit I could pretty much give to you. I guess like 20 shipped?

pHatSI07
09-23-2003, 09:01 PM
i'm selling a brand new spc camber kit, opened but never installed. I bought it from showstoppers for $180 but I am selling it for $140 with shipping included. if anyone is intrested then email at Phatflip07@yahoo.com

danscreations
10-01-2003, 05:39 AM
It will raise the car a little do to the fact it will be sitting on the center of the tire instead of all the weight on the insides of the tire. Other than that it's "mental" just because it will take away some of the "lowered look".

If you guys need camber kits: we have Brand New SPC Kits (F&R) for $129 w/free shipping. http://spc.danscreations.com

HondaMan
10-01-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by danscreations
It will raise the car a little do to the fact it will be sitting on the center of the tire instead of all the weight on the insides of the tire. Other than that it's "mental" just because it will take away some of the "lowered look".

If you guys need camber kits: we have Brand New SPC Kits (F&R) for $129 w/free shipping. http://spc.danscreations.com

Wow, that is a great deal! :eek:

I like the rear SPC camber kit I have...no problems with it at all. BTW, what are the torque specs for the rear camber kits?

danscreations
10-01-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by HondaMan
Wow, that is a great deal! :eek:

I like the rear SPC camber kit I have...no problems with it at all. BTW, what are the torque specs for the rear camber kits?

Thanks! SPC doesn't provide them, but I have all the specs In my car when I did it. I got them all from Honda, which any of you can do as well. I will post them later on today.

DoMahMeGok
11-17-2003, 07:30 PM
I have a question about the alignment process

on k-series.com there is a DIY alignment, I want to do that for my car, its moves to the left now and I understand most of it except for this part
"You can reach under and adjust the front tie rod ends or the rear compensator arm to change the toe.... "
Now how do I exactly change the front tie rod ends or the read compensator? I don't know what the rear compensator is can somebody show me a picture? Please help, I'm sick of paying people money to do stuff on my car for me and I am willing to learn. please hlep!
Thanks

DrtyTexan
11-17-2003, 09:09 PM
glad this thread popped up again, but i just lowered my car with the help of beachya, anyways my rear camber is off alot and im lowered on sprint springs, its actually tucking my tires in the rear but i have a 1 1/2 finger gap in the front, now when i finally put my camber kit on in the back and get it adjusted will it make my drop equal?

Migs
12-06-2003, 12:13 AM
Just so you guys know. Depending on how low your car is, you can actually adjust the front camber a small amount. With no after market parts.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMTgxNDYxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

Look at my alignment sheet for instance. The front left camber. All you have to do is loose 1 of the 2 bolts on the bottom of the strut and it will give you up to 0.5 degree play.

FWIW, camber does not eat up tires as near as bad as toe.

SONIC SI
02-08-2004, 06:28 PM
So which kit is better the Ingalls or the SPC? Looks like I am going to need to get either when I finally get my suspension done.