PDA

View Full Version : my first night with Civic SiR ....

rswbrixton
08-12-2002, 06:16 PM
What a perfect machine , the engine , steering , ergonomics , seating and fit and finish !!!

I just picked up my 2002 Milano Red SiR tonite at 5:30 pm at local dealership . Traded my 2k1 civic lx in and stepped up to the SiR.

Definately a better car with better response and much more entertaining engine . The drive is much firmer and more In the true sporting league.

The best car i have driven in a looong time and that list includes , vw sciroco , gti , civic lx , civic si , bmw 318 , taurus sho , civic dx hatch , accord se ...

Im so glad i did this . Lots of looks and compliments tonite .

Uk Honda and the K20 has made this so good !!!

And that shifter !!!!!!!

Brenetics
08-12-2002, 06:23 PM
Congrats on your new car!!!

I wish we got the Milano Red here in the states, I would've gotten that color if we did.

Spidey
08-12-2002, 06:30 PM
hey I just picked up mine tonight too!
but guess what. The sales lady put a scratch on the rear bumper putting my plates on. It's not very long but it's deep.
I hope they can touch it up good because I don't want to lose the factory paint job.
I could not believe she did that. I actually surprised myself that I wasn't that mad. I didn't flip out or nothing but I just kinda rolled by eyes and said "uhh you guys better fix that"

rswbrixton
08-12-2002, 06:35 PM
Thanks Gents ! Sorry to here about the dealership licence plate scratch Spidey , Im sure they will fix up just perfect , have them throw in an extra just because ( ie. splash guards , free oil change etc )

The Milano red does look good on this car , I have some Motegi 16 x 7 wheels on now that i took of my 2k1 civic lx - they look very good.

But at present time i have ordered 17 x 7 Rota Subzero in bronze and Neuspeed springs. This car is a keeper .

IceD out N CALI
08-12-2002, 06:51 PM
congrats rsw, be sure to post pics please. we dont get a chance to see to many milano red ones. ;)

rswbrixton
08-12-2002, 06:53 PM
i will get the digital camera goin tomorrow nite - need batteries .

SBC31
08-12-2002, 07:09 PM
Welcome to ephatch, and you are the first (NON Type R) Milano Red owner here.

Looking forward to see the pics. I'm also in Ontario. I was in Kingston about a month ago and saw a black SiR. The car was coming off the 401 so I'm not sure he lives in Kingston.

SmoothOperator
08-12-2002, 07:20 PM
My dealership has a Milano Red ep. It looks soooo sick, tinted with gunmetal rims. I'd look into gunmetal rims man!!

CleanBlackSi02
08-12-2002, 08:32 PM
I'm jealous of the Milano Red! Welcome to ephatch!

Mechanic
08-13-2002, 03:49 AM
Milano Red. Now that's a color! RSW, you've got a neat car.

DrPimpSiR
08-13-2002, 05:17 AM
Welcome!
Good to see more SiR-Ontarians on the Forum!!
I'm also in E. Ont, but up at the northern tip (Petawawa.)
If you do get the 17" are you going to sell your 16's?
I'm still running stock, and may be interested.
Send me a private message/email me.

eLEMENTgiRL
08-13-2002, 04:17 PM
redd!!! u lucky bum! the red is NICE. CONGRATS

DownTheHatch
08-13-2002, 07:31 PM
Big Welcome to the forum! I'm the admin here, and I have been eager to see a Milano Red SiR join the forum! And now one has!

Can't wait to see pictures of the beaut!

P.S. Bronze looks killer on red cars, can't wait.

rswbrixton
08-14-2002, 05:49 PM
Damn glad to be here ! This is a fine site , nicely done and a good bunch of people!!

This car is just amazing !! By no means my first Honda < i have had lots , but this is by far the most unique and most satisfying drive this side of the s2000 !!!

Many many compliments and second looks from everyday people all over town .

And the red looks amazing from all angles , i will post pics asap !!

I can row the gears in this all day long .

TampaTim
08-14-2002, 06:19 PM
I'm certainly jealous......I STILL have my 01 LX.

I just hope that Vivid Blue Pearl looks good, since I have to wait till Oct. for my Si.

Anyway, congrats and good luck with your new ride:cool:

rswbrixton
08-14-2002, 06:39 PM
thanks tampa tim , you will love the si . I still cant get over just how nicely put together it is !!

the blue pearl will be gorgeous !!

i smell a ephatch north america get together brewin , if the vw beatle folks do it - we sure as hell should !!