PDA

View Full Version : Rear License Plate Lights!!!

SmoothOperator
05-17-2003, 01:14 PM
Has anyone replaced them? I'm thinking of putting some super white bulbs in there...just to finish off the "white light" look all around.
Also, how the hell do I get to them? Do I have to remove the entire rear panel, from inside the car??
Thanks in advance ;)

EPHatchgirl
05-17-2003, 01:45 PM
Hi! I am thinking of doing the same thing, I forget which bulbs you need, but if you open the hatch, and look up underneath where the outside handle is, you'll see that the lights are in these compartments that will slide out.... I know I don't have it exactly right, but it's right in the owner's manual... hope this helps.

SFla02si
05-17-2003, 08:48 PM
EPHatchGirl is right. The owners manual tells just about all. I put in 194 led single bulbs in place. Seems to have less lumens (light output) then the original bulbs, but has a much whiter light.

Looks better in my opinion.

LazyAzzAzian
05-17-2003, 10:45 PM
haha i thought i was the only one that wanted this, i changed mine to some hyper white 194 bulbs, its pretty simple to change them. if you look underneath at the clear covers you'll notice an arrow pointing towards the closest side of the car. just push the plastic cover in that direction. its might take a little but the cover should slide out.

SmoothOperator
05-18-2003, 02:08 PM
Yeah was easier than I thought. Popped one out today. Gonna buy some bulbs within the next few days. Thanks guys! I'll let you know how they look!!

chubbychu
05-18-2003, 03:33 PM
hehe RTFM! lolol