PDA

View Full Version : Replacing: Rims vs. Tires!

blackyEP3
05-18-2003, 12:08 AM
When I first got my car, I didn't like the look of the stick rims, I thought, if anything, I'll switch my rims and use the stock tires. But then as I started to drive the car and pushing it a little, I hated the tires even more!!! They don't do the car justice! I am on a shoestring budget so as much as I'd like to get new rotas w/ some nice tires warped around them, its not $$$$ possible. When I was on the hwy today, I was driving like about 80mph and I didn't want to push my car anymore because it felt like it wanted to float away! My EK4 never felt like that.

Oh..........my point!! Damn, our stock tires SUCK!!!

<i know honda expects people to get aftermarket rims/tires for it but heck, they are almost endangering their customers by putting those cheap things on it in the name of saving cost.>:(

JSIR
05-18-2003, 06:54 PM
I was pretty much in the same dilemma. So I spent $65 a tire which is a lot cheaper than the cost of a rim. I got some Yokohama AVS Es100's and kept the stock rims. The stock rims look decent enough when they are shiny clean. I spent a further $50 and made some red "H" center caps to perk up the stock rims a tad. These tires are a million times better than the crappy michelins.

That floaty feeling is also a result of the stock springs, after I put on some Eibach pro-kits I found the floaty feeling went away. But the tires help a great deal as well.

Joey