PDA

View Full Version : What cars have sold in fewer numbers than our Si?

ep pilot
05-18-2003, 05:13 PM
I was thinking today while I was motoring in my Si I got to wondering what cars have been sold this year in fewer numbers than our Si's? I put together a small list of the cars that I think might be rarer than ours.

'03 Mercury Marauder
'03 Ford Focus SVT I have only seen a few since released
'03 Acura NSX Haven

rswbrixton
05-18-2003, 05:21 PM
Maybach 57
Maybach 62

SBC31
05-18-2003, 05:47 PM
You have to remember that the 02 Si (SiR's) are not meant to sell in numbers that say a 4 door Accord, or Civic does. Around here SiR's seem to be appearing more and more, and I kinda' liked it when my SiR was so rare.

All the cars you listed are all ones that are meant to only sell in small number and are aimed at specific drivers like us.

siver-SI
05-18-2003, 06:13 PM
I want the '03 Accord Coupe* (6spd). I saw it at my dealership right were my SI was parked in the show room when I bought my car and I have to say it is sweet. The car in black with black leather and a 6 speed looked so sweet. I have to say after my SI is all payed for that might be my next car. I wish I could have taken it out for a test drive but with if being on the show room floor and having to move a few cars around to get it out I did not want to bug them with a car that I was not going to buy right now. I know I can fit in the car just fine and I also like the 2000 but I do not think I can fit in the car as well.

02TafWhtSi
05-18-2003, 06:23 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ep pilot
[B]I was thinking today while I was motoring in my Si I got to wondering what cars have been sold this year in fewer numbers than our Si's? I put together a small list of the cars that I think might be rarer than ours.

'03 Mercury Marauder
'03 Ford Focus SVT I have only seen a few since released
'03 Acura NSX Haven

IceD out N CALI
05-18-2003, 06:52 PM
hmmm,maybe the aztek?

Joker
05-18-2003, 06:52 PM
How about the Enzo? ;)

EViLsneakyDUCK
05-18-2003, 08:07 PM
i was just going to say the aztek, but i thought they cancelled it or are cancelling it

IceD out N CALI
05-18-2003, 08:12 PM
never know, honda could ax the ep if the sales/profits are real weak:o

chubbychu
05-18-2003, 10:54 PM
I KNOW I KNOW>>>>>mclaren F1 they only make what, 20 of those a year? lolol!

Type X
05-19-2003, 04:31 AM
'03 Mercury Marauder - Never seen it
'03 Ford Focus SVT - see 3 daily
'03 Acura NSX - 2 customers of my job have them
'03 Accord Coupe* - i see v6 but dunno stick or not
'03 BMW M5 - like 100 on staten island
'03 Nissan Sentra Spec V - like 12 ALL modded
'03 Infiniti M45 / Q45 - tons of them
'03 Neon SRT/4 ones next door , ones down the block
'03 Lancer Evo also still to new to tell? spotted about 7 to date

dunno where u live :) but i see a diablo once a week
and yesterday spotted 2 ferrari's
one 02+ and one "magnum p1 style ;) "

ep pilot
05-19-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Type X

'03 Accord Coupe* - i see v6 but dunno stick or not

You can tell it's the 6spd by the red V6 emblem on the back of the car. Also I think the 6spd only come w/ the 10 spoke slotted 5 star looking 17" inch wheels.

-Ryan

IchBinEinSiR
05-19-2003, 06:01 AM
02 Mazda Protege MP3
03 Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed

King Kang
05-19-2003, 07:20 AM
Type X...

Let me go aghead and tell you a little something about NYC. You will see more exotic/rare cars in the city than just about anywhere else. I don't know if it is because of the unusually high population density or the ridiculuous pool of money created by so many rich folks, but big cities like NYC just have all the rare cars everywhere. You're lucky! Always remeber though, that what you see in the city is not what the rest of the country sees. It is not a microcosm for the rest of the US.

Also remeber never to order NY style pizza anywhere outside of NY.

Tenacious G
05-19-2003, 07:38 AM
what about Yugos? you don't really see to many of those nowadays.

Type X
05-19-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by King Kang
Type X...

Let me go aghead and tell you a little something about NYC. You will see more exotic/rare cars in the city than just about anywhere else. I don't know if it is because of the unusually high population density or the ridiculuous pool of money created by so many rich folks, but big cities like NYC just have all the rare cars everywhere. You're lucky! Always remeber though, that what you see in the city is not what the rest of the country sees. It is not a microcosm for the rest of the US.

Also remeber never to order NY style pizza anywhere outside of NY.

yes AND in the suburbs of NYC where i am
we have pretty much every yankee , steven seagal, and many MAFIA persona's ;)

exotic cars are the "norm"

i can drive around all day and EASILY count about 50+ s500 benz
and c55 amg's

there is a customer at my job his son is 19yrs old
has an 02 escalade with 26's 11tvs etc etc

19!!!!:mad:

EViLsneakyDUCK
05-19-2003, 08:55 AM
NYC is basically like Boca Raton. Cant go anywhere without seeing rare cars. I remember in high school some sophmore that turned 16 got a brand new hummer. And another kid got a Porshe 911 Turbo :mad:

hamlet9634
05-19-2003, 03:06 PM
i used to live in LA, now i'm in NYC..

this shithole town can't hold a candle to LA in terms of numbers of exotic cars and numbers of hot rodded cars..

LA is a car show..

nyc is a pothole show

BSEVEER
05-19-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by hamlet9634
i used to live in LA, now i'm in NYC..

this shithole town can't hold a candle to LA in terms of numbers of exotic cars and numbers of hot rodded cars..

LA is a car show..

nyc is a pothole show

I'ver never lived anywhere but So. Cal. and I see a lot of cool cars. Today on a bike ride I saw a Countach and yesterday I saw 2 Vipers, it's quite common to see cars like that around town.

downhil
05-19-2003, 06:53 PM
you dont have to look out of the honda showroom to see a car that has sold less than the si...

the lovely insight.

02SiHB
05-20-2003, 09:25 AM
Sorry, I'm a little bit of a BMW FREAK, so I had to add this to the thread. Compare this.... '02 Si Vs. Every M5 ever made... You'll still probably see more ep's around than you will M5's... I just moved north of Philly from San Antonio.... eh, I've seen about 3 M5's in 10 months... While I've seen atleast 15 ep's since I bought mine about 5 or 6 months ago.

There is always going to be a car that is more limited:) My 3 favorite non-BMW cars (Bently Azure, Buick GN, and the AWD Turbo Galant VR-4) are all in limited numbers..

And BELEIVE THE HYPE. You ain't been in luxury until you've been in a Bently.. My boss has one and it KICKS ASS!!!!!!

hamlet9634
05-21-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by BSEVEER

I'ver never lived anywhere but So. Cal. and I see a lot of cool cars. Today on a bike ride I saw a Countach and yesterday I saw 2 Vipers, it's quite common to see cars like that around town.

the other difference about so cali and nyc is that I think the "baseline" cars are more exotic than they are here.

you see lots more mercedes, bmw, lexus, porshes, etc on the road on a daily basis than you do here in nyc. I think the weather has a big impact on this (nice all the time in LA, unlike here). But LA is much more of a "car culture" than NYC. People define themselves somewhat by what they drive.

Also LA has parking lots everywhere. There is NO public transit, so you HAVE to drive everywhere.

remember, nobody walks in LA.

and in terms of modded cars.. so cali is beyond compare (maybe miami has a somewhat similar scene.. but I'm not honestly a fan of miami "style", but that's just my opinion)

SHAKEnBAKE
05-21-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by hamlet9634

Also LA has parking lots everywhere. There is NO public transit, so you HAVE to drive everywhere.

remember, nobody walks in LA.

and in terms of modded cars.. so cali is beyond compare (maybe miami has a somewhat similar scene.. but I'm not honestly a fan of miami "style", but that's just my opinion)
Hell yeah, my brother!
I've seen a lot of exotic cars around here (west LA, Hollywood, beverly) on DAILY basis, and I mean EXOTIC, not your regular Ferrari or Porsche.

02SiHB
05-22-2003, 07:17 AM
I see 5-10 various Porsche models every day on the way to work.. And im about 40 miles from a major city. I wouldn't consider them an exotic... Maybe a GT2, or a really rare one.. But not the every day boxster, 944, etc.

02NJHondaep3
05-23-2003, 02:57 PM
I dunno how the Si didnt sell much.In NJ, i avg seeing 4 new Si's a week. What shocks me is the people behind the wheel. A lot of commuters and older people.

02TafWhtSi
05-23-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by 02nighthawksivi
I dunno how the Si didnt sell much.In NJ, i avg seeing 4 new Si's a week. What shocks me is the people behind the wheel. A lot of commuters and older people.

I second that...all older women that I've seen

Surprise
05-23-2003, 04:50 PM
I think the new mr2 is very similar to our car.

mullogutherum
05-23-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by SHAKEnBAKE

Hell yeah, my brother!
I've seen a lot of exotic cars around here (west LA, Hollywood, beverly) on DAILY basis, and I mean EXOTIC, not your regular Ferrari or Porsche.

Palm Beach is the only East Coast location I've seen where the concentration of >$100K cars comes even close to rivalling Beverly Hills. Relatively speaking, Palm Beach seems to have more Rollers and Bentleys, while Beverly Hills seems more speed oriented, with a lot of AMGs, higher-end Porsches, and Italian exotica. On Wednesday I saw 3 CL55s parked in a two-block stretch on Sunset Blvd--not the most exotic of cars, but gives you an idea of the concentration.