PDA

View Full Version : skunk2 coilovers?

LazyAzzAzian
08-12-2002, 11:42 PM
i know that skunk2 make coilover kits for the 01-and up civic but does anyone know if they have them out for the SI, and what are your thoughts about skunk2? any good? the reason i was considering them was because of the possible 4" drop, it was either skunk2 or ground control

GeNoZiDe
08-13-2002, 12:01 AM
ya i had skunk2s they BROKE, i dropped my (Si) SiR 4 inchs+ the thread grinded out to nothing and i couldnt put it back up, so im takin em out tomorrow and puttin on some ebiach springs
i swapped em outta my 2002 Civic Si (or EX)

David K.
08-13-2002, 12:03 AM
Everyting I've heard about Skunk2 has been pretty positive. If they don't have our application yet I'm sure they will soon. Four inch drop sounds pretty severe, though. But I guess that's why coilovers are cool....adjustibality.

LazyAzzAzian
08-13-2002, 12:06 AM
yeah i know 4" is way low and i probably wouldnt put it that low, but its always nice to have the option

fishboy
08-13-2002, 10:40 AM
when i was shopping around for coilovers i was looking at the skunks and GCs. they are both good brands. the skunks are easier to adjust, but their threads are easily dented. i looked at a set for a 98 integra and they looked pretty beat up. some of the threads were warped and damaged and the bottom even gave out on one of the coilovers, but we were still able to install them on another integra. the only GCs i've ever seen were mine and they are new so there is no telling if they are immune to this kind of damage as well. i'm just telling you what i saw on some skunks that were like 4 years old. i have heard that these 2 brands were the ones to go with for coilovers.

smokincivic
08-13-2002, 12:22 PM
I was going for the H&R coil overs but I emailed sales at H&R and asked if I could use the 01-02 ex civic coil overs because there are no listings for the 02 Si and the reply email that I got back was "The retro kit will not fit your gen 6 car. H&R is in R&D on this kit right now. Hoping for Christmas" I don't know if this applies to the Skunk coil overs

Silver '02 Si
08-13-2002, 08:52 PM
go with the tein coil-over kit...it's a true coil-over set-up for $1250.00 but, remember...this includes dampers/shock/strut, so you'll get adjustability and a better ride from adjustable shocks...they should be out now...if not very soon...;)