PDA

View Full Version : 5zigen muffler and custom midpipe

ChWMeiNThG
05-18-2003, 11:51 PM
Has anyone heard of 5zigen making a different muffler other than the fireball line? And how much did you pay for a 2.25 custom midpipe?

JruSi02
05-19-2003, 06:50 AM
i paid 200 for 2.25 mandrel bent, some other people paid cheaper but i dont live in an area where theres a mandrel bender so i had to order mine

hamlet9634
05-19-2003, 09:21 AM
who the hell paid less than 200 for a mandrel bent pipe?

some shithead muffler shop asked me for 300 for a friggin crush bent midpipe and i laughed at him all the way out the door.. but i'm still stuck with an open exhaust and i need a damn muffler shop that works at human rates.. shouldn't be any more than 120 or so for a custom midpipe dammit

ssvr6
05-19-2003, 09:55 AM
$150 for a mandrel bent 2.25 pipe here in south FL.

Steve

ChWMeiNThG
05-19-2003, 11:38 AM
koo...i thought i got ripped for 150

ThickMick
05-19-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by hamlet9634
who the hell paid less than 200 for a mandrel bent pipe?

some shithead muffler shop asked me for 300 for a friggin crush bent midpipe and i laughed at him all the way out the door.. but i'm still stuck with an open exhaust and i need a damn muffler shop that works at human rates.. shouldn't be any more than 120 or so for a custom midpipe dammit

I'm looking for a shop in NYC too. I plan to do an all out look this week and I'll let you know if I find anything. I'm just gonna cruise 11th ave and hit a dozen shops untill I find a good price.

I only called one place and asked about a MP, drt racing in Woodside (I think) and the dude said, "hells no" and hung up on me. Real tough guy so f*** ever getting anything done at their shop. I hate jerks!

I let you know when I find something.

dc1972
05-21-2003, 05:56 PM
were in so cal did you get the mid pipe for 150? i need one finally got some extra cash to fix up my car

hamlet9634
05-21-2003, 07:01 PM
so i ended up driving all the way out to fucking long island today after working 26 straight hours and getting my midpipe done. I probably overpaid, but I'm so sick of trying to get anything done reasonably around NYC that I really don't care any more.

so anyway, 2.25 crush bent aluminized midpipe up to a resonator, then 2.5 inch piping (another 2-3 feet worth) from the resonator over rear suspension into my slightly angled rear JIC muffler = $200.

impressions : this shit is loud, but a silencer is in the mail. DEEP, great sounding.. but loud. And butt dyno says 5 hp gain over the open exaust I had before with no flat spots in the powerband.

nice guys at the muffler shop. very helpful, very willing to do WHATEVER i wanted without being typical new york assholes. I'd go to them again despite the extra driving simply because I think nice people are worth extra time and money... and yes, they made the cut out for my muffler into the buddy club rear end.. I'll post pictures after I put together a copy of that buddy club muffler trim piece.. working on it.

ChWMeiNThG
05-23-2003, 10:28 AM
i just went to magic muffler