PDA

View Full Version : those with type-r side skirts...

dustinhurley
05-19-2003, 07:26 AM
Does the side skirt come up onto the rear quarter panel enough to cover part of the i-vtec sticker? If not, would it look stupid if the sticker was left on with the side skirts? I kinda like that sticker and want to keep it if possible.

Tenacious G
05-19-2003, 07:37 AM
i'm too lazy to find pics for you, but no, the side skirts do not cover the i-VTEC stickers. and, in my opinion, they look fine when left on w/ the skirts.

ApexinSi
05-19-2003, 10:42 AM
i think those stickers look stupid anyways... leave them off and keep it clean.

jason
05-19-2003, 12:59 PM
What about when you go to jack up your car, do the side skirts interfere in any way .

Mugen_EP
05-19-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by jason
What about when you go to jack up your car, do the side skirts interfere in any way .

The side skirts dont really make that big of a difference in height to affect the ability to jack up your car. I think they look great and personally I took off my i-VTEC stickers the same night I got home from the dealer so I dont know for sure if they are in the way but take them off anyway.

Suk02Si
05-19-2003, 04:02 PM
The side skirts end where the underbody lip/jack support starts.

jason
05-19-2003, 08:23 PM
thanx

cbecker333
05-19-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by ApexinSi
i think those stickers look stupid anyways... leave them off and keep it clean.

I have 13,000 miles and I'd really like to get rid of those stickers - will I see a little rectangle there in the finish if I take them of carefully with a hair-dryer? I have this feeling that since the surrounding finish has been exposed to the elements it might show....

shimmy_yaz
05-20-2003, 04:21 AM
I doubt that it has been exposed that much to show any noticable damage. I personally love the decal.

dustinhurley
05-20-2003, 07:18 AM
Yeah, I'm going to keep the decal on for a bit and see how I like it. I drove a Civic DX for a few years, and I was always envious when the Si came out in 2000. The Si emblems and i-vtec stickers are kinda like a symbol of achievement. That's why I won't debadge my Si.

Type X
05-20-2003, 09:49 AM
i was actually thinking o rebuying the ivtec stickers and cutting htem to mount on the side of the skirts
right above the line that runs from the front of the car

http://65.168.247.56/Carlisle/IMG_0026.jpg

:D

dustinhurley
05-20-2003, 01:58 PM
That'd be cool. It'd be the same placement as the Type-R sticker would be if it were one, right? Post pics if you decide to do that. I'll probably be ordering my skirts next week.

For mounting the skirts, the front screws into the wheel well area, and the rest has to be taped up? Did you run tape all along the skirt, from front to back?

Type X
05-20-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by dustinhurley
That'd be cool. It'd be the same placement as the Type-R sticker would be if it were one, right? Post pics if you decide to do that. I'll probably be ordering my skirts next week.

For mounting the skirts, the front screws into the wheel well area, and the rest has to be taped up? Did you run tape all along the skirt, from front to back?

my car was drilled like the ctr holes placed all along the undercarriage and side of the car
so that the jdm skirts snap into place

and all were taken care of for future rust

i dont trust double side on 500+ parts

Mugen_EP
05-20-2003, 02:26 PM
I didnt want to drill into my new car so I used double stick tape. Ive had mine on for about 3-4 months and I dont see a problem with using double stick automotive tape on the car.

dw735
05-20-2003, 03:32 PM
what kind of tape did you use and what brand?

StrangeShadow
05-20-2003, 03:50 PM
jinkies...hopfully no jackbutts read this and see that there is a ep3 w/500 type r side skirts on it, in orange county, that are only held on by tape!!!:o

Mugen_EP
05-20-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow
jinkies...hopfully no jackbutts read this and see that there is a ep3 w/500 type r side skirts on it, in orange county, that are only held on by tape!!!:o

Its not only tape. There are screws along the bottom, front and rear. The only location where there is double stick tape is along the top where the clips would be. Clips just pop out also so the same amount of effort needed to steal (for example) Type X's skirts and mine is the same.

Not worth getting shot over $500 side skirts though, is it. ;)

Type X
05-20-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP

Not worth getting shot over $500 side skirts though, is it. ;)

tell the thieves that not me :cool:

Suk02Si
05-20-2003, 04:11 PM
The body drilled into the body and use the clips for my car too.