PDA

View Full Version : some video questions

downhil
05-19-2003, 07:08 PM
i have a lot of audio install experience but this will be my first venture into the V of A/V. so anyway, ive found some indash monitors that i like and i already have my dvd player and cd changer. my question is if there is a way to override the monitor to allow it to play at anytime? basically im not sure when the screen will work and when it wont. im interested in installing a ps2 later and would love to play while my girlfriend chauffers my ass back and forth to dallas. is there anyway this is possible or is it even legal? just some thoughts.

Speck
05-20-2003, 06:39 AM
I can tell you that in most states, if not all, it is illegal to run it while driving. BUT... that said, I believe it is as simple as taking the wire that you are supposed to attach to the ignition/steering column/Ebrake and just grounding it to a good grounding point.

-=speck=-

downhil
05-21-2003, 09:27 PM
thanks for the info...i figured it was illegal.

one thing though...if you dont connect the head unit to the ignition or remote in anyway, the headunit wont know when to turn itself on or off. or is there a seperate wire on monitors that connects directly to the ignition?

Jpax
05-22-2003, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by downhil
thanks for the info...i figured it was illegal.

one thing though...if you dont connect the head unit to the ignition or remote in anyway, the headunit wont know when to turn itself on or off. or is there a seperate wire on monitors that connects directly to the ignition?

Most monitors have there own on/off switch built in. so all you have to do is supply power, video signal, audio if it has built in speakers, and ground it. then that extra wire is for the e brake. so when you pull the ebrake it will turn on, unless you bypass it. ;)

gotoevolution
05-23-2003, 04:59 AM
it depends the flip out tv, let me know which one you have and I'll tell you exactly how to bypass the safety switch