PDA

View Full Version : Sportlines or Tein??

SiR_d1
05-19-2003, 07:50 PM
I need your help guys..

I plan on finally lowering my car on firday but I still can't decided b/w the sportlines or Tein. Here's my dilema, from reading past forums it appears these two springs have relatively the same drop (1.5") but the tein are much cheaper in price which comes in handy when I have to buy my camber kit. Secondly, I hear stories that the sportlines have an unequal drop where at times the rear is lower than the front and sometimes vice versa. But I can't get forget about the Eibach name where I know I'll will be getting my moneys worth, yet at the same time I dont want to pay so much knowing I can get the same quality and drop and a fraction of the cost. What should I do? People with the sportlines and Teins, I need your help:(

silver ep
05-19-2003, 09:06 PM
Id get the Sportlines, from what I have heard the drop and ride is great.

SiR_d1
05-19-2003, 09:12 PM
same has been said about the teins, thats why its so hard for me to decided

ep88
05-19-2003, 10:33 PM
here is a comparison....
car with front SI emblem = tiens (klik's EP)
car with red front H = sportline (mine :D)

ohh btw...klik's car is slightly lower than mines, prolly a couple of millimeters :o mine just look higher :( i dunno i thought tiens and sportlines have the same drop. anyway if i were you, ima get sportlines coz im biased:D i love the ride, just like STOCK :D

klik
05-20-2003, 02:18 AM
heheheeh EP88, i say go with Tein's, ride is shiznit compare to stock, ill ride EP88 one time and let him ride mine so we can see the comparison, but if i were u i go with Teins cuz
first cheaper, lower maybe couple of millimeter, ride is tight.
its up t u
showstopper has it for 139 bucks out of the shop
basically this is the cheapest spring around hehehehehe

stephen
05-20-2003, 06:06 AM
i've heard good things about tein, but eibach sportlines are guaranteed quality.

Makross
05-20-2003, 10:26 AM
Teins the quality is great n its the best bang for the buck :D

SiR_d1
05-20-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by klik
heheheeh EP88, i say go with Tein's, ride is shiznit compare to stock, ill ride EP88 one time and let him ride mine so we can see the comparison, but if i were u i go with Teins cuz
its up t u

hey klik,

do u have a camber kit?

ep88
05-20-2003, 03:05 PM
haha klik! let's JDMize our headlights this friday! hehe
i just had an alignment and i was surprised coz my front was off too...good thing i bought the F & R camber kit from www.importhorizon.com (ingalls) :o

RockEP_SS**
05-20-2003, 03:17 PM
Tough call on this one. I think Eibach is a lil bit better than Tein, but Tein is cheaper. Both are quality, and you can't go wrong with your choice.

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

SiR_d1
05-20-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by klik
its up t u

hey klik did you get the tein s tech springs for the 2001 civic and higher? part#SKASS-AUB00 b/c if you did on the website it says its NOT FOR OUR HATCHBACK

ep88
05-20-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by SiR_d1

hey klik did you get the tein s tech springs for the 2001 civic and higher? part#SKASS-AUB00 b/c if you did on the website it says its NOT FOR OUR HATCHBACK

he got his springs from showstopper too so dont worry bout the part number....just order the springs and you'll love the drop ;)

todaCspec
05-21-2003, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by ep88
haha klik! let's JDMize our headlights this friday! hehe
i just had an alignment and i was surprised coz my front was off too...good thing i bought the F & R camber kit from www.importhorizon.com (ingalls) :o

Was the camber off by that much that you needed a front and rear camber kit? They couldn't just adjust it w/in factory specs usually factory equipment? I thought you only need an aftermarket camber kit for 2+ drop.

SiR_d1
05-21-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by ep88

he got his springs from showstopper too so dont worry bout the part number....just order the springs and you'll love the drop ;)

but the springs showstoppers has is for the 2001 and higher civic, and on the tein website it says uts not for our car. Whats good for your car now may not be that way in the future

SiR_d1
05-21-2003, 02:16 PM
because your dropped with sportlines, is the rear lower than the front? or is it a even drop. Im leaning more towards sportlines now

Si02
05-21-2003, 04:36 PM
For the price you can't go wrong with the Tein's.

SiR_d1
05-21-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Si02
For the price you can't go wrong with the Tein's.

not if its the wrong springs!!

EP33
05-21-2003, 08:16 PM
Tein kick ass.

:D

ep88
05-21-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by SiR_d1
because your dropped with sportlines, is the rear lower than the front? or is it a even drop. Im leaning more towards sportlines now

i think it has an even drop, it just looks uneven coz actually the gap at the front is really greater than the rear....try measuring it ;)

klik
05-21-2003, 10:44 PM
when i put ma Tein's and got an allignment the guy says i dont need one, but for me i think the back need one,
plus ma drop seems lower to the front maybe a millimeter cant really notice it

EP33
05-22-2003, 12:12 AM
Bust out the tape measure and let us know how it sits.