PDA

View Full Version : Dropping. Will it ride like CRAP?

EP3smoker
05-19-2003, 11:02 PM
how will my new car ride if i drop it?
I used to have a slamed chevys S10 and i wonder how it would ride after i dropped it, "it rode like shitt".

i really dont want to go back to that.;)

513n179
05-19-2003, 11:12 PM
it's bound to ride like shit if you slam it.

i'm sure if you lower it a few inches and get some good shocks, it'll ride great.

i've yet to lower mine though. my springs are still sitting in my room, that i got last week and i'm waiting to pick up some other stuff like a camber kit and maybe i might wait on the shocks too... i'm planning on making sure i touch all the bases before i start mod'ing my investment.

CleanBlackSi02
05-20-2003, 10:46 AM
A FEW inches? I dunno about a few...I doubt you'll notice a difference with a Pro-Kit. I have Neuspeed Race springs and they can be harsh at times.

ssvr6
05-20-2003, 11:22 AM
The key phrase from Mike is "at times". My ride is great, but if I'm going down a shitty road, you'll know it.

The ride is still as good as stock since it would suck going down bumpy roads before I dropped it.

BTW -- I have Progress springs. (1.8" drop)

Steve

EP3smoker
05-20-2003, 01:02 PM
Hmmm.

BarracksSi
05-20-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
The key phrase from Mike is "at times". My ride is great, but if I'm going down a shitty road, you'll know it.

That's why I'm in no hurry to drop mine. Too many streets in my neighborhood simply SUCK, and I rather appreciate the 4x4 stance.

I wouldn't ride a road bicycle around here, nor even a hybrid -- fat-tire mountain bikes with at least a suspension fork are what's needed to be close to comfortable. No short, hard springs for me & my EP.

EP3smoker
05-20-2003, 08:42 PM
ok. i lower my truck my self and it really wasnt that difficuilt, it just took all day and it needed and allinment really bad. Now , should i try to do the drop my self or pay.. and what should i pay? one more ?, what brand of springs do ya think will lower it 1.5 and give me the greatest possible ride? thanks you guys been really cool.:cool:

IceD out N CALI
05-20-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by EP3smoker
ok. i lower my truck my self and it really wasnt that difficuilt, it just took all day and it needed and allinment really bad. Now , should i try to do the drop my self or pay.. and what should i pay? one more ?, what brand of springs do ya think will lower it 1.5 and give me the greatest possible ride? thanks you guys been really cool.:cool:

eibach sportlines will give u the 1.5 inch drop and supply a decent ride.

ssvr6
05-21-2003, 05:32 AM
Also, I know what you're talking about with your truck. I had a slammed Ranger Splash that I dropped myself. I ended up installing air bags because the ride sucked so bad. (It only got a little better with bags too...)

The Si rides A LOT better than my old truck.

Steve

Civicvtec1ps
05-21-2003, 08:08 AM
ya if you slam it . ride will suck and bumpy.
ive had tein ss fullcoiloover on my last car. its nice but still can be harsh at the time.stock is good eonugh for me now although i want to lower my car. i might go with tein flex this time.:)

!@#$%
05-21-2003, 09:01 PM
it will ride just like stock as long as the shocks are not blown or you have low profile tires and rims. At least mine rides just as smooth with progress springs on stock wheels as opposed to kong 17'' on paradas. not sure about coilovers....if they are put 3'' down Im sure the ride will suck...but with springs 2'' will be fine.