PDA

View Full Version : Alignment done...I did need my front camber kit...

02SilverSiHB
05-19-2003, 11:25 PM
I had my car aligned today. The toe was the worst thing of all. As some of you may know I have skunk2 coilovers and koni adjustable shocks. The new shocks could have also been the major factor in the specs being off. Overall it wasn't as bad as I thought. With the rear camber kit, I try to eyeball it :D I was good on the rear right, but the rear left was way off. I knew it was when I had finished installing the camber kit. Any way. As for the front I feel I needed it to get closest to specs, as I have 17's and don't feel like ripping through tires. The handling of the car is tons better! Here's a pic of the specs, the top part is before, the bottom part is after the alignment. Oh and as for my drop, I raised it a bit more from the last time. I have one finger gap in the front and just a tad more than a finger gap in the rear. I can just barely move my finger from the top of the tire to the fender in the rear. I'll take pics of the drop later on in the week when I get my parts I ordered and the tint is ready. (the shop installed some tint that takes about 7 days for bubbles to disapper)

ep88
05-19-2003, 11:49 PM
how much did it cost u??:o

02SilverSiHB
05-20-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by ep88
how much did it cost u??:o
well here's the shitty part. It was supposed to cost 60 bucks. But I didn't have the front kit installed yet. So they call me and tell me the front is screwed and I need a kit for it. I tell them I have one in the car they can use and it's just a bolt for each side. They say they don't install out of office parts :rolleyes: So after yaking with them, they install the kit and do the complete alignment for 119 with a warranty. Freaking stupid. I could have done it cheaper, but I was tired of driving all over this crazy traffic and I have other things to do, so they go the best of me. The front kit cost about 40 bucks and the rear is about 117. I bought the rear from www.importhorizon.com and bought the front from someone online that didn't need it.

ep88
05-20-2003, 12:25 AM
hmmm, ima have my alignment probably tomorrow. i went to this shop in san mateo, they quoted me for 230 :D he just made me laugh :confused: oohh btw, i also bought my camber kit at import horizon :)

02SilverSiHB
05-20-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by ep88
hmmm, ima have my alignment probably tomorrow. i went to this shop in san mateo, they quoted me for 230 :D he just made me laugh :confused: oohh btw, i also bought my camber kit at import horizon :)
holy crap! 230, forget that! that's rediculous, unless they are at least providing and installing the camber kit, but since you bought it yourself, screw them!
Importhorizon seems to have the best prices...for the few things they have for our car.

ep88
05-20-2003, 12:38 AM
i know! he said it'll be 130 for the camber kit adjustment and 100 for the alignment haha:D assh*le. that just made my day :cool:

OrganDonar 8=D
05-20-2003, 05:49 PM
glad to see you were able to make good use of the camber kit

siver-SI
05-20-2003, 06:58 PM
Just wondering what size drop did you do and what size is your 17"s? When I put my Tein S springs with about a 1 1/2" in I want to make sure I get the right tires on my car so I do not have fender rub. I know I am going to have the get a camber kit for both the front and the rear too.

02SilverSiHB
05-20-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by siver-SI
Just wondering what size drop did you do and what size is your 17"s? When I put my Tein S springs with about a 1 1/2" in I want to make sure I get the right tires on my car so I do not have fender rub. I know I am going to have the get a camber kit for both the front and the rear too.
I'm not sure about the drop, I only know the finger gaps that I have that I stated above. I'll take some pics, maybe tomorrow so you guys can see about how low I am. I'm not slammed anymore.

And thanks OrganDonor :D

02SilverSiHB
05-20-2003, 08:21 PM
ah screw it here's some pics I just took, sorry it's late and I took them in my garage, but this gives an idea of the drop I have now:
Front

siver-SI
05-20-2003, 08:23 PM
Looks good. I have to get to droping my EP it is just so high when I look at all the droped EP's out there.

02SilverSiHB
05-20-2003, 08:32 PM
Looks good. I have to get to droping my EP it is just so high when I look at all the droped EP's out there.
:D yeah I see this stock silver EP all the time that is totally stock :confused: nasty! :D
Here's the rear gap

Si02
05-21-2003, 04:41 PM
I got a question for ya. I'm installing my springs and camber kit on Friday. How does the rear camber kit get installed? I'm pissed I payed 140 for just the rears...:mad:

02SilverSiHB
05-21-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Si02
I got a question for ya. I'm installing my springs and camber kit on Friday. How does the rear camber kit get installed? I'm pissed I payed 140 for just the rears...:mad:
okay, it's pretty simple for the rear. There are two bolts that go up into the car, from the bottom. And then there is one that goes into the control arm.

To uninstall, the easiest way, is to take out the one bolt in the control arm first. To releave pressure off that area, I just used a jack and lifted the rotor up a little to releave the stress. The reason you want to do this is to make sure you don't strip the bolt when you take it out, they're pretty strong, but just to be safe.

Then remove the two bolts that are left in the bottom of the car. These will be so easy to uninstall since that one bolt is out.

Then to resintall put the two bolts in first...makes it way easier, and get them snug, but not fully tightened. The use the jack again to line up that one bolt and slide it through and tighten it down. Torque all three bolts to 43lbs.

02SilverSiHB
05-21-2003, 05:12 PM
oh, almost forgot, here's the install on k-series.com
http://www.k-series.com/tech_detail.php?Tech_ID=EP_INGALLS_CAMBERKIT

That's exactly how I did mine.

siver-SI
05-21-2003, 05:12 PM
Talking about Torque settings were can I find them all to make sure I have my EP all good? I have not been able to find a shop manual for are cars yet.

Si02
05-21-2003, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the info. That's a great site u post.

02SilverSiHB
05-21-2003, 06:23 PM
Talking about Torque settings were can I find them all to make sure I have my EP all good? I have not been able to find a shop manual for are cars yet.
I don't have a shop manual either. I need to get one. I just know the torque settings for the camber kit because of what was on the ingalls kit instructions.

Si02
05-21-2003, 07:32 PM
Should I make them longer than the stocks?

02SilverSiHB
05-22-2003, 09:16 AM
Should I make them longer than the stocks?
? are you talking about bump stops?