PDA

View Full Version : Just finished my speaker install.

ssvr6
05-20-2003, 04:33 AM
I installed Rockford Fosgate Fanatic P components up front and Fosgate 6.5's in the rear. This with my new Blaupunkt MP3000 head unit and the car sounds great. I may consider a sub/amp combo in the future, but for now, it's great.

Steve

Speck
05-20-2003, 06:41 AM
Good job in doing yourself :) When you do go with a sub, be prepared with alot of sound deadener.... we have alot of trunk rattles :(

-=speck=-

2k2SiAutoXer
05-20-2003, 09:25 PM
thats funny, i dont seem to get many rattles at all from the car. The only problem i have is my rear view mirror always ends up pointing north a few monents after cranking my subs. =)

--Tom

Speck
05-21-2003, 05:13 AM
I guess it depends on the frequencies that are playing. Also, the DB level. What subs have you got and what freq range is the music you normally play?

-=speck=-

BlackNRedSi
05-21-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Speck
I guess it depends on the frequencies that are playing. Also, the DB level. What subs have you got and what freq range is the music you normally play?

-=speck=-

never rattled me @ all, but then again my shyte is in fiberglass...

steve good job!

take pics of the headunit when you can!

Eric

ssvr6
05-21-2003, 11:25 AM
I did, they're on my site. :)

http://www.k-series.com

In the electrical forum and under the project car link.

Steve

mhx
05-21-2003, 06:23 PM
Did your fronts bolt right in or did you have to cut some metal in your doors?

ssvr6
05-21-2003, 08:45 PM
They bolted right in with the spacer that Crutchfield provided. (You can make one out of MDF if you want, since this was my first time installing, I went with them.)

Steve

jereds02si
05-21-2003, 08:46 PM
I don't have that bad of rattles in my car. I have 2 HE2 12"s on Rockford 1000bd amp. I had it metered at Prosound and I hit 150.7

The only annoying thing is that my rear view mirror goes crazy likes its spazzing out or something. So I had to drive ghetto and point the mirror up.

BlackNRedSi
05-22-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by jereds02si
I don't have that bad of rattles in my car. I have 2 HE2 12"s on Rockford 1000bd amp. I had it metered at Prosound and I hit 150.7

The only annoying thing is that my rear view mirror goes crazy likes its spazzing out or something. So I had to drive ghetto and point the mirror up.

Thats why you save up and buy a video camera, thats what i am going to do...buy a alpine tv set, and put a video feed on the back of my car! :)

saw it done in my friends old car, no rattle of the rearview mirror if there isnt one there! :)

BarracksSi
05-22-2003, 09:48 AM
Yay -- I'm not the only one who wants Blaupunkt!

I've got a hankering for the new San Francisco head, but that'll take some extra work to install the second antenna, and its 35W/channel is enough to make me reconsider whether I want an outboard amp for the mains, and not enough to convince me completely.

Whatever, I haven't made a decision yet.. lol