PDA

View Full Version : Well, I made up my mind....

ssvr6
05-20-2003, 04:35 AM
...and I made an appointment at Cybernation for next Monday. In a week and a half, I'll be boosted. I can't wait!

Steve

civicpimp
05-20-2003, 04:38 AM
I'm so jealous:'( Keep us informed

Gasp23
05-20-2003, 06:31 AM
For how much $ and how much boost?

ssvr6
05-20-2003, 06:46 AM
Their Stage I kit (prices are on their site) and 7psi.

http://www.cybernationmotorsports.com

Steve

ssvr6
05-20-2003, 08:15 AM
Crap, Monday is Memorial Day. I'm hopefully on for Tuesday.

Steve

CleanBlackSi02
05-20-2003, 09:59 AM
Holy shit! I'm can't wait to ride in it!

TezGari
05-20-2003, 10:44 AM
Maybe when u get boosted (sounds nice), we can have a mini EP meet at towers or something, taking pics and kissing ur feet, i mean looking at the car........

Itll be koool!

Suk02Si
05-20-2003, 10:53 AM
Wow, that's great. I hope they're giving you a great deal.;)

ssvr6
05-20-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by trinispeed
Maybe when u get boosted (sounds nice), we can have a mini EP meet at towers or something, taking pics and kissing ur feet, i mean looking at the car........

Itll be koool!

If everyone comes to the BBQ on June 21st, you can all see it. ;)

Steve

ssvr6
05-20-2003, 11:20 AM
I'm in for Tuesday, however I might not get my car back until Saturday.

Mike--Would you mind driving to the Mazda Rev It if my car is still at the shop?

Steve

02SilverSiHB
05-20-2003, 04:10 PM
glad to hear you're boosting :D

IceD out N CALI
05-20-2003, 04:30 PM
sweet! cant wait to find out how it all works out:)

CleanBlackSi02
05-20-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
I'm in for Tuesday, however I might not get my car back until Saturday.

Mike--Would you mind driving to the Mazda Rev It if my car is still at the shop?

Steve
:( If I gotta...yep. But I got first dibs on driving the boosted Si. ;)

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
05-20-2003, 06:28 PM
lucky focker!

: pulls out platinum card:
: looks down:
: shakes head:
: puts card away:

:goes and asks the wife for some head: :D

SmoothOperator
05-20-2003, 06:38 PM
:goes and asks the wife for some head:

OH man that's ruthless. :D
Congrats on the decision Steve, I'm sure the entire board will be envious.

ssvr6
05-20-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
I'm sure the entire board will be envious.

;)

Steve

Suk02Si
05-20-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
I'm sure the entire board will be envious.

we already are:(

IceD out N CALI
05-20-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Suk02Si

we already are:(

amen:cool:

BlackNRedSi
05-22-2003, 06:18 AM
All bow down to the great ssvr6, we should all be happy to be in his presence!

ssvr6
05-22-2003, 06:31 AM
Adult content? Not a chance. You're fire wall is tripping.

I may have to postpone my trip to Cybernation by a week. My wife wants me to use a new card she got so that she can get some reward points or something.

She just ordered it yesterday. If I can get it (for sure) by Tuesday/Wednesday, I'm good. If not, I'll have to reschedule AGAGIN for the Monday following.

Steve

BlackNRedSi
05-22-2003, 06:42 AM
dunno thats what it says...maybe there is something on the site that has adult content

http://10.1.60.13:15871/cgi-bin/block_message.cgi?ws-session=2701200982

andy
05-22-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
dunno thats what it says...maybe there is something on the site that has adult content

http://10.1.60.13:15871/cgi-bin/block_message.cgi?ws-session=2701200982

lol...
FYI, 10.x.x.x is a private IP address - any URL that starts
with 10. can only be viewed by someone on your side of
the network (in other words, we can't see that page). If
you take a screenshot of it (ALT+PRINT SCREEN, I think),
we could.

On that page, you should have an option to email the admin
if you received it in error or something...don't know what your
web surfing policy is at work, but you could probably email
them and ask them to let it through. Say it's research. ;)

BlasTech
05-22-2003, 07:46 AM
Cant wait to see it!

Have you any plans for some stiffer suspension to keep all that power on the ground?

ssvr6
05-22-2003, 07:59 AM
The end goal will be similar to what Mike(02SilverSiHB) did. Skunk2 or GC's with Konis. Then I can adjust the rears (firm as hell) when I'm at the track.

Right now the Progress are fine. I'm interested to see how they do with the motor mount inserts and the turbo.

Steve

02SilverSiHB
05-22-2003, 09:22 AM
The end goal will be similar to what Mike(02SilverSiHB) did. Skunk2 or GC's with Konis. Then I can adjust the rears (firm as hell) when I'm at the track.

Right now the Progress are fine. I'm interested to see how they do with the motor mount inserts and the turbo.

Steve
I'm going back to the track soon after I get my comptech exhaust and injen cai. I think that it will help if I tighten the rear more and leave the front loose, we'll see :D I'll also use some 14's instead of these 17's. I'm hoping and hoping for a really low 15 or high 14.

ssvr6
05-22-2003, 09:24 AM
You can do it man! :)

Steve

PoRT
05-22-2003, 09:30 AM
Congrats steve.. i wanna boost too... but cannot :( too broke right now, it sucks.

or maybe i'll just stay NA. who knows

ssvr6
05-22-2003, 01:02 PM
Boost would be good for 12's in your car. That would be sweet!

Steve

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
05-22-2003, 02:25 PM
Boost would be good for 12's in your car. That would be sweet!

Steve

12's are easily possible w/a turbo A3 too, bro.
Shiet, i got 12's outta my old D-series on stock internals.

DC5@EM2
05-22-2003, 08:50 PM
Hopefully by august/september, Ill be doing cybernation's stage II turbo for the rsx. I cant wait hitting 360 or so on the dyno's and such. My EM will actually be mad fast then! I cant wait, but I guess I have to :( . . . .

jason
05-25-2003, 06:29 PM
Big congrats on the turbo. You've got to be stoked about it. Finally someone who will give us great insight on how the ep rides turbod. I bet your feeling the same way I felt when I was 12 and I got a go kart, all of a sudden I had these friends that I never knew existed. well big ups to u.:)

SHAKEnBAKE
05-25-2003, 07:00 PM
Yo, Steve, do you think they could offer the kit without intercooler (is that a good idea)?
Because I was thinking that I' really not into getting the most HP available, I only wanted a little extra power on the EP.
Will it have negative effects besides less power(i.e. engine blowing up easier).

Thomas:D

ssvr6
05-25-2003, 07:12 PM
Good question. You'd have to run less boost (I believe) to get away with it.

Post the question on K-series and I'll direct the guys from Cybernation to check it out.

Steve

bioevolve
05-25-2003, 09:12 PM
Congratz Steve, I'll let you drive my car if you let me drive yours ;)
I'm in the same boat as Port, used my last bit of car money 2 days ago. :( But hopefully in 2 months or so I'll be up there with Steve (boosted elite) hehehehe :p :D

SHAKEnBAKE
05-26-2003, 01:44 AM
Good question. You'd have to run less boost (I believe) to get away with it.

Post the question on K-series and I'll direct the guys from Cybernation to check it out.

Steve
Thanks Steve, I'll do that.

ssvr6
05-26-2003, 07:37 AM
I forwarded it to Paul, it may take a few days, but he'll get back to you.

Steve

Tekdemon
05-27-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by SHAKEnBAKE
Yo, Steve, do you think they could offer the kit without intercooler (is that a good idea)?
Because I was thinking that I' really not into getting the most HP available, I only wanted a little extra power on the EP.
Will it have negative effects besides less power(i.e. engine blowing up easier).

Thomas:D
not a good idea...even at lower boost pressures it's much better to run with an intercooler...

Even if you don't care about the air density going into your engine, detonation occurs way too easily without an intercooler in a turbo setup because it's hot exhaust gasses that are used to increase pressure...that's the super hot gasses that come out of your engine after gas has burned! *not* a good idea!

You could get away with it on a supercharger because the pressure isn't derived from exhaust gases, but the heat from the exhaust gasses will cause problems without an intercooler in a turbo setup...even with an intercooler the gasses are still VERY hot, so it's just not a good idea to run without one unless you want 1 or 2 psi of boost(which is pointless and still not a good idea).

INTERCOOL

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
05-27-2003, 10:06 PM
You can definitely run w/o an intercooler at low boost, and no not 1-2 psi, you can safely run 6-7psi w/o an intercooler. I know, i did it for nearly a year in my old civic before i bumped the boosted to 14psi and got an intercooler. Tekdemon, you make it seem as if a turbo makes your engine directly inhale the hot exhaust gas straight from your exhaust.....that's not how it works. The exhaust gas pressure makes the turbine wheel spin which is connected to the compressor wheel which draws in the outside air into the compressor housing then onto the intake manifold where "boost" is created. The exhaust gas is never ingested into the engine, it is expelled via the wastegate. Yes the charged air is hotter even w/ low boost, but an intercooler really is not *needed* until youre running over 7psi or so, typically. I'm sure you realized that, Tekdemon, but the way you worded your reply could be misleading.

Personally, I'd like a simple, non-intercooled, basic kit that provides low boost for a reasonable price. Unless GReddy steps up w/ something like this (doubt it), I'll just have to go the custom route.

Originally posted by Tekdemon

not a good idea...even at lower boost pressures it's much better to run with an intercooler...

Even if you don't care about the air density going into your engine, detonation occurs way too easily without an intercooler in a turbo setup because it's hot exhaust gasses that are used to increase pressure...that's the super hot gasses that come out of your engine after gas has burned! *not* a good idea!

You could get away with it on a supercharger because the pressure isn't derived from exhaust gases, but the heat from the exhaust gasses will cause problems without an intercooler in a turbo setup...even with an intercooler the gasses are still VERY hot, so it's just not a good idea to run without one unless you want 1 or 2 psi of boost(which is pointless and still not a good idea).

INTERCOOL

ssvr6
05-28-2003, 04:55 AM
Well said!

Steve

Tekdemon
05-28-2003, 07:25 AM
well I knew it wasn't the air from the exhaust itself going back into the engine(and sorry if I didn't clearly explain that), however, in a cramped engine bay like ours a super hot turbine does heat up the air going into the engine by QUITE a bit...plus air heats up when compressed anyway...

Yes you can run 6 psi without an intercooler but it's just not good for the engine...plus you lose a lot of density with the warmer air so that 6 psi is probably less dense than a well intercooled 4-5 psi boost.

I guess I shouldn't have worded my post as it was though. Nonetheless I feel that intercooling is a vital component of turbo systems, and that neglecting to add an intercooler is a bad thing =P

That being said, I've heard that some crazy bastards somewhere in south america built a turbo setup and sprayed liquid nitrogen onto the intercooler as the car ran...and it gave INSANE INSANE INSANE horsepower gains...

too bad it's not really practical =P

Rueda del Queso
05-28-2003, 09:56 AM
If you could power them, you could get some thermoelectric modules (peltier's) and somehow attach them to the intercooler. You can't really get a very big peltiers and they draw a lot of power, but it is slightly more practical than liquid nitrogen though.

bioevolve
05-28-2003, 11:11 AM
That is the same stuff (peltiers) I have used to overclock my processors in my computers hehehe, in addition to copper water blocks:p

Rueda del Queso
05-28-2003, 01:03 PM
Heh, yep. Another alternative borrowed from comp cooling would be some sort of water cooling system of the non-spraying kind. Perhaps some sort of water jacket for the intercooler.

ssvr6
05-28-2003, 08:14 PM
Water spray like the EVO8 would be the most effective. Just route your windsheild spray lines to your IC and fill your resevoir with water and ice (or dry ice) and then go to town.

Steve

Tenacious G
05-29-2003, 09:53 AM
so, steve, are you boosted yet?

ssvr6
06-03-2003, 05:30 AM
Not yet. :( I just dropped the car off yesteday. I'll be boosted by the weekend.

Steve

BlackNRedSi
06-03-2003, 06:12 AM
Steve your doing Stage1 right?

ssvr6
06-03-2003, 06:17 AM
Yes....for now. :)

Steve

Keyser_Soze
06-05-2003, 08:13 PM
Ok well heres an idea that works really well.....If your into paintball like me....well im getting out of it now.....anyways back on track at sometime or another you have used C02 to power a gun well with a remote line(long coiled line) i have seen people take like a 20 oz c02 bottle and mount it inside of the car and run the remote line out through the fire to the front of the i/c and you just twist the knob open from inside your car for about 2-3 seconds before you run and your ic will be nice and cold!!!!!! And this works too ill see if i can dig up some link for you oh and the total cost of this would be like 20-30 buck i think!!:D

Keyser_Soze
06-05-2003, 08:34 PM
Bang here a site you can buy a nice kit alot better than what i just described for like $150 including shipping and it was proven to actually add like 40 somehting tq. and like 62 hp. or somehting like that when used on a supra how crazy is that!! But this is for real and works great check it!! http://www.intercoolertechniques.com/ :D :D

S2KplusSI
06-08-2003, 09:16 PM
Steve-
Are you boosted yet?

ssvr6
06-09-2003, 05:21 AM
I "should" be by the end of today. If I'm not, I'm going to be f-ing pissed. But, I have faith in Lee and Paul.

I plan on going there around 1pm, seeing them dyno my ride and then taking that bad boy home! I can't freaking wait.

Steve

downhil
06-09-2003, 06:01 PM
well??????????

Quicksilver
06-09-2003, 06:14 PM
He probably got his ride back and now he's too busy driving to ever make it back to his computer and fill us in. I know I would be! Once he gets back from showing off he'll give us the 411. Damn I want forced induction too!!!

Steve, you lucky dog you! :cool:

ssvr6
06-09-2003, 08:36 PM
Sorry guys, still no car. Cybernation was really back logged and were down a few technicians. My car just became a priority today and should be done in a day or so.

I can't stand waiting. This coupled with the freaking downpours that we've been experiencing have just gotten me down. I doubt I'll even be able to go to the track on Wednesday if I was able to.

:(

Steve

Tekdemon
06-09-2003, 08:40 PM
Do us proud and get some engine mounts or torque dampener or something...

At least those $15 ES inserts! =P

And of course I want to see a video =P

ssvr6
06-09-2003, 08:46 PM
The kit comes with inserts. I'll be buying/aquiring the following parts over the next few months:

Engine Dampner
Clutch
LSD
15" wheels
Slicks or Drag Radials
Coilovers

This will help me with the power. :)

Steve

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
06-10-2003, 08:27 AM
The kit comes with inserts. I'll be buying/aquiring the following parts over the next few months:

Engine Dampner
Clutch
LSD
15" wheels
Slicks or Drag Radials
Coilovers

This will help me with the power. :)

Steve

drag radials may help a little on the street, but for the track, you're definitely gonna need slicks if you want to get the most out of your car.

ep_nezay
06-10-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC

drag radials may help a little on the street, but for the track, you're definitely gonna need slicks if you want to get the most out of your car.

w0w....an EP with 4 slicks at a track. Thats a track whore:D

I think you mean the strip, right Adam?

track = road racing
strip = drag strip.

ssvr6
06-10-2003, 07:45 PM
Track is anywhere where racing is legal IMO. :)

Well, I spoke to Cybernation today. The car will most likely be ready tomorrow night, but I'll be picking it up around noon-ish on Thursday. I want to give them time and not rush. I want the car in tip top shape.

Steve

bioevolve
06-10-2003, 07:55 PM
:D yes rushing makes errors :D
Hey steve how about driving down to my house this weekend and watch or help me install these UR pulleys;) I wanna ride in your car also hahahahahaha.

ssvr6
06-10-2003, 08:04 PM
We'll do it on the 21st when you drive down here for the BBQ. ;)

Steve

hatchback
06-18-2003, 04:59 PM
This thread is continued in:

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15542