PDA

View Full Version : 02 sensor...

00sir
08-13-2002, 08:22 AM
I wanted to list the site that has the 02 sensor simulators... In case anyone is bored or gutsy and decides to remove the cat for a straight pipe
(for offroad use only... :) )

http://www.importparts.com/
Go to electronics, and then ECG electronics..

02 simulator utilizes a risc processor and costs
$39.99

Sorry I am not advertising for this company so please forgive me. I know this issue arises on every forum, so I wanted to post the info first hand and see if anyone has some good luck with the product.

Take Care
steve
00sir

David K.
09-24-2002, 09:22 PM
I emailed this company a while ago and asked if this device would work on our cars. They finally got back to me and said it would work if our motor used a narrow band secondary O2 sensor. I pm'd Hondatech and he said we do use a narrow band O2 sensor, so I guess in theory this part could work on our vehicles. Now we just need someone to try it out. Anyone?

2k2civicSi
09-24-2002, 09:26 PM
i wish i could take my cats out but here in MD if you are cought with out cats in your car you can get 7 to 10 im not sure if any one actuly gets jail time but its is a good scare for every one here

SpeedRacer
09-24-2002, 11:40 PM
how many of those do i need to buy? and whare do i a get a test pipe to replace the cat. If i get a straight pipe whare do i stick the sensors?

00sir
09-25-2002, 08:40 AM
You should only need 1 simulator. If you want you can hollow out the cat, or go to TESTPIPES.com . They cost from 39.99 on up.

I hope this works for you.. I am interested to see how much of a gain you can get from the test pipe or hollow cat in our cars.

Take Care,

Steve

MickeCTR
11-08-2002, 03:19 AM
Anyone tried this yet?
Cant u just drill a hole in the cat to get some better flow?

Any pcis of a tst pipe on our cars? or a catalytic converter on our cars?

Where to plug the EGC sensors`?

GP Si
11-08-2002, 05:25 PM
This is exactly what i need i have a gutted factory cat and i hate the CEL so i think i'll get this but our cats have 2 o2 censors so how many should i buy???

00sir
11-12-2002, 03:53 PM
For the cat convt. Also godspeed has a testpipe with carb material right under the o2 sensor you it doesn't trigger a cel as well.. 125 which is not too bad.

Oh yeah, if possible go with the testpipes, hollowing the cats can get expensive if you have to buy another one.

Take Care,

Steve