PDA

View Full Version : Read this if you like hearing about how much ford sucks.

cbecker333
05-20-2003, 05:26 PM
I was at my parents' house removing my i-vtec decals and washing my baby today when my dad told me that his '99 explorer is going back in for service. It has 7,000 miles on a new engine (old engine had to be replaced before 20,000 when it stated running rough and eating 2x more gas than normal). As of yesterday, the almost brand new engine began leaking oil from the seal around the output shaft (pretty sure thats what ya call it). Why is ford going and turbo'ing their focus when they can't even get N/A right?

natesi
05-20-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by cbecker333
Why is ford going and turbo'ing their focus when they can't even get N/A right?

Because they are cheap-ass, greedy idiots trying to make a dollar out of fifteen cents.

I hope they go bankrupt and burn in hell. IMO, the government should shut them down for selling pure shit and ripping people off.

I had a 2002, brand new, practically every option, ZX3 and got rid of it after 3 months. Why? Because after 2.5 months it was in the shop 40% of the time. LITERALLY 40% OF THE TIME. And I don't mean for nit-picky stuff. I mean like I had to have it towed to the stealtership after 3 weeks of ownership. As in, the throttle sticking open! As in, both wheel bearings going out within a week of driving it off the lot.... and that's just the beginning. This POS car predetonated ALL THE TIME, and never drove in a straight line if you ran over imperfections on the road. I mean, this car had major flaws. And the 40% of the time it was in the shop, didn't include the problems with the engine--they hadn't even got to that yet!! Their cars are absolute shit. The build quality was ridiculous and the thing was very flimsy and cheap. I'd drive a Daewoo or Yugo over a Ford any day. Because lemon laws very from state to state I lost $4K on that car when I traded it in. I'm still extremely upset about it.

Take my advise and NEVER BUY A FORD, and tell all your buddies to NEVER BUY A FORD, and everyone you know, and everyone they know to NEVER BY A FORD. My mom has a 2002 Taurus and I'm not impressed. Unfortunately I didn't know her car had gone down hill so fast before I bought my ZX3. I learned afterward when I had to drive it while my car was in the shop. She also had a 94 T-bird which needed a new engine by 80K. And before that it blew head gaskets, water pump, rocker problems, and lifter problems. Talk about junk. After they rebuilt the engine I took it for two months, in which time I had to have the car towed twice and put $1500 into it (after a complete engine rebuild). Then the more I researched it, the more I realized the car is nothing but planned obsolescence. The trannies in those things generally go out on, or around 100K. My parents sold the car a couple years ago and sure enough they know the guy that bought it is having tranny problems. Wow; big surprise.

I know there

IchBinEinSiR
05-20-2003, 06:15 PM
Does owning a Mazda B2300... I mean Ford Ranger for 3 months then getting rid of it because it was the worst piece of $hi# that I have ever owned? I should have known better than to get it when I noticed the "Made by Ford" sticker on the inside door seam of a "Mazda" truck. I like the Mazda cars, but stay away from their (Ford's) trucks!

natesi
05-20-2003, 06:20 PM
Um, yea. I'd say that counts.

= )

But I would still never buy a Mazda, Volvo, or anything else Ford has it hands in. They will never see one red penny of my money because of what they did to me. Never EVER--end of story!!

SmoothOperator
05-20-2003, 06:56 PM
I parked next to a Focus on saturday night. It had Altezzas and "SOHC ZETEC" stickers on it...like right where our I-VTEC stickers are!! BWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! He must've shit his pants when he saw a beautifu EP parked next to his shitbox.
Oh, he had some gay ass thing with black lights in his rear window too. BUTTSEXOR!

Papa Bear
05-20-2003, 07:01 PM
If you look at how many recalls, the severe problems with safety issues and the fact that Ford quality has declined across the board over the last 5yrs, it doesn't make a very good purchase IMO. I'm tired of hearing how the SVT "blows away" the ep! In the Car and Driver shootout the Focus was 0.1 sec quicker to 60mph (oh my God the SVT owns the EP!!) but if you look at the street start (5mph to 60mph) the times are identical. It is obvious that the tires are the main reason the EP is hindered. If you look at top gear accelleration our Civic is a full two seconds quicker from 50 to 70 mph!! I've owned a lot of cars over the years and you can't put a price on quality. Drive a one year old Si and then take a quick spin in a year old Focus. There is NO comparison. Plus, I don't have to worry about the brakes failing, the headlights going out at night, spontaneous underhood fires, the steering wheel falling off in my hands while I'm driving, the driver's seat unexpectedly reclining all of the way back or the throttle being stuck wide open while cruising. No, I'm not making this up, just search for the Focus recalls. I personally would never buy a car with these well know problems and recalls but not everyone is informed cuz they sell a lot of em!

Brettnyt
05-20-2003, 07:01 PM
Haha, FORDs suck... but I must say... our mustang GT is awful fast... :o I hate foci tho... One floors it next to me yesterday thinkin hees all cool (zx3) and he had sum fart pipe and hees just strugglin to get up to speed... I laughed and shook my head... Shoulda bought an EP!

BlackFL2k2Si
05-20-2003, 07:03 PM
Um, Volvo makes pretty good and reliable cars.

Papa Bear
05-20-2003, 07:08 PM
But not for long if Ford gets too involved. Look what they have done with Mazda. I was seriously disappointed that they put the Ford 3.0L in the 6, that sucker is in the Taurus and the Jaguar S-type. Their trucks used to be great until they cut back so much and cheesed out the interior and screwed with the engine and transmission and now they are having problems with both. Don't get me wrong, I used to own Fords, but they got greedy and started cheaping out wherever they could to make more money and just look at the pending lawsuits. Nerermind the lack of durability, they aren't concerned with their customers safety either.

Tragedy
05-20-2003, 07:12 PM
According to this..the Ford Fuckus is the 2nd more recalled car in automotive history..

http://www.autosafety.org/pressreleases/Focus/focusnyt.htm

Papa Bear
05-20-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Tragedy
According to this..the Ford Fuckus is the 2nd more recalled car in automotive history..

http://www.autosafety.org/pressreleases/Focus/focusnyt.htm

But that article was from 2000. I'm sure they are number one by now! And that extra warranty will make you feel good when you nearly get killed in an accident on the freeway due to their faulty engineering. :o

SmoothOperator
05-20-2003, 07:25 PM
Wait a minute, one of my friends just bought a Mazda 6. U telling me that there's a Ford Engine in it? I wonder if he knows this?!?!?!?

Papa Bear
05-20-2003, 07:36 PM
If he got the V6, it's a Ford engine.

SBC31
05-20-2003, 07:39 PM
Ford sucks, and everyone on here knows it.

This should have been posted under "OFF-TOPIC" though.

GO SENS GO!!!

ep pilot
05-20-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Papa Bear
If you look at how many recalls, the severe problems with safety issues and the fact that Ford quality has declined across the board over the last 5yrs, it doesn't make a very good purchase IMO. I'm tired of hearing how the SVT "blows away" the ep! In the Car and Driver shootout the Focus was 0.1 sec quicker to 60mph (oh my God the SVT owns the EP!!) but if you look at the street start (5mph to 60mph) the times are identical. It is obvious that the tires are the main reason the EP is hindered. If you look at top gear accelleration our Civic is a full two seconds quicker from 50 to 70 mph!! I've owned a lot of cars over the years and you can't put a price on quality. Drive a one year old Si and then take a quick spin in a year old Focus. There is NO comparison. Plus, I don't have to worry about the brakes failing, the headlights going out at night, spontaneous underhood fires, the steering wheel falling off in my hands while I'm driving, the driver's seat unexpectedly reclining all of the way back or the throttle being stuck wide open while cruising. No, I'm not making this up, just search for the Focus recalls. I personally would never buy a car with these well know problems and recalls but not everyone is informed cuz they sell a lot of em!

Shit, make sure you stay far as hell away from a Volkswagen, I had damn near the same experience in only one year of ownership with my late '02 Jetta. Check out the Vortex if you don't believe me.

-Ryan

Papa Bear
05-20-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
Wait a minute, one of my friends just bought a Mazda 6. U telling me that there's a Ford Engine in it? I wonder if he knows this?!?!?!?
http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=33&article_id=2421

iR-VTEC2
05-20-2003, 09:14 PM
gosh i hope that new mustang isnt a doodoo car. That thing's a beauty.

cbecker333
05-20-2003, 09:15 PM
Well it was certainly waaay sexy from what i saw. But I like not pissing away fuel at such an alarming rate....

Shark
05-21-2003, 08:16 AM
Please see http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13998

cbecker333
05-21-2003, 08:50 AM
please see: http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=149752#post149752

SiR Medic
05-21-2003, 10:41 AM
Ford sucks... pure and simple.

I give GM credit for turning its reliability numbers around, even though it is still making undesirable cars.

Ford, on the other hand, is prefering to make desirable cars with crappy build quality.

Ford had a really good sales spike in the early '90's with the Explorer, Taurus, Ranger, and F150 all at the top of the sales heap.

Now, the Taurus is nowhere to be seen, Explorer sales are down (thanks to roll-overs+gas increases), and even F150 and Ranger sales are down while GM and Dodge truck sales climb higher than ever.

Why is this happening?
1/ Ford was so in love with its SUV sales/profit margins that it neglected its car line.
2/ They used the money earned from SUV and truck sales to develop sales flops like the Lincoln Blackwood, Mercury Marauder, Thunderbird, and Excursion.
3/ Rising gas prices, an "unhip" image and safety concerns caused SUV sales to level off.
4/ Car based SUVs, like the Pilot, Murano, and Highlander provided what people REALLY wanted in an SUV.
5/ Multiple recalls, poor dealer service, and reliability problems convinced Ford owners to "look elsewere" when it came time to trade in.
6/ A "buying spree" which saw Ford buy money losing car companies like Aston Martin, Jaguar, Volvo and a bigger chunk of Mazda severely drained the company coffers.

Ford is losing money by the bucketload right now. They have some hope with the newly designed F150, but that will face new compitition from Nissan with it's new Titan. And GM has already shown that it has a new Silverado replacement on the way (the Cheyenne)

The replacement for the Ford Ranger (which has been little changed from the '82 model) is nowhere in sight, while GM gets ready to send in the Colorado.

The Taurus? Ford has shown a few concepts, like the 500, but nothing looks like it will be the sales monster the Taurus was, and the Accord and Camry have a pretty good stranglehold on the market now.

The newest Explorer is not selling anywhere near as well as its predecessor. People are instead buying more "civilized" car based SUVs.

The new Mustang looks great, but in no way will it provide Ford with anything more than pocket change.

The Focus? Despite recalls, reliability problems, and ugly interiors, people still buy the damn things in droves!:confused:
To bad Ford makes no money on entry level cars like this, and people buying the Focus might just shy away from Ford when it comes to moving up into a more expensive car.

Mercury is going the way of Oldsmobile... Don't expect to see it in 5 years.

Lincoln is making money on the Navigator... That's it. The Aviator is an overpriced Explorer, the LS is unspectacular against a market that includes the Beemer 3-Series and the C-Class Benz, and the Town Car is a dinosaur bought only by Limo companies.

On top of all that... Natesi isn't doing them any favors either!;)

minimay7
05-21-2003, 11:55 AM
I am not here to argue with you guys. In fact, I know Ford blows. My mom had their Windstar and it gave her so much trouble. She has Honda Odyssey now and she loves it.

But, I do want to mention for the Ford's credit, they have been trying hard lately to change their product. I say starting about the time infamous J Mays joined them. Design, quality of the plastic and the fittment are improving. What I don't understand is why Ford won't let their European branch take control of developing the car. Ford's Europe branch is actually almost a different entity and their cars are known for being much better than the US cars.

As far as Mazda6 is concerned, Doesn't it have the European Ford developed zetec engine? I thought that engine was more reliable than usual Ford's

Well, me giving them the credit won't help me buy their product yet. I would never buy an American car at this point. It's not to be trusted yet. (I do like the concept car for the new Mustang though....)

Papa Bear
05-21-2003, 02:53 PM
I'm not sure if the Mazda's engine is European or not? Wasn't the fact that the Focus had Euro roots so reassuring when it came out? We'll have to wait and see how that v6 holds out. Only time will tell. The Mauraurder is built in a very nearby factory and I was very dissapointed to hear that this big bad Detroit muscle car couldn't even light up the rear tires and a V6 Accord is faster!!! These guys need to wake up and do it quickly. It really would be a shame to only have one American car manufacturer.