PDA

View Full Version : EP slower with empty tank

jo3y
05-20-2003, 05:58 PM
I just wondered if anyone else's EP seems to get slower when you get below quarter tank. Its weird mine gets slower, almost like the computer knows its low on gas and gives it a less aggressive fuel curve to conserve gas. When i fill it up it seems to run faster and stronger. any one else?

Mugen Power
05-20-2003, 06:16 PM
Hmm, I dunno about that but it seems like whenever my fuel light comes on, the gas runs out quicker.

ep pilot
05-20-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Mugen Power
Hmm, I dunno about that but it seems like whenever my fuel light comes on, the gas runs out quicker.

Ditto, but last week I had to take my folks to the airport some 56 miles away, when I left my apartment it's a 10-12 mile trip to their house, then 45 miles to the airport. The fuel lamp was on when I left my apartment. I drove about 80 mph the entire way on the freeway.

-Ryan

CleanBlackSi02
05-20-2003, 06:56 PM
Less gas = lighter = my ep feels quicker

Brettnyt
05-20-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by jo3y
I just wondered if anyone else's EP seems to get slower when you get below quarter tank. Its weird mine gets slower, almost like the computer knows its low on gas and gives it a less aggressive fuel curve to conserve gas. When i fill it up it seems to run faster and stronger. any one else?

Yeah, I think it is just us....

BlackKnight 03
05-20-2003, 08:31 PM
I am pretty sure when the fuel light does come on you have roughly 3 gallons left in the tank, so we can go awhile b4 we run out.

cbecker333
05-20-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by ep pilot

Ditto, but last week I had to take my folks to the airport some 56 miles away, when I left my apartment it's a 10-12 mile trip to their house, then 45 miles to the airport. The fuel lamp was on when I left my apartment. I drove about 80 mph the entire way on the freeway.

-Ryan

I've driven >60 miles on the reserve tank (i.e. 60mi after the light came on) with out a single stutter..And I'm confident I could've gone farther because it only took 10.5 gallons! I think that leaves 2.5 still in the reserve. That light goes on way early...which is cool for me cuz I like to push it down to middle or perhaps the bottom of the E sometimes (seinfeld reference, anyone?)