PDA

View Full Version : a quick question about my suspension

jmexcur
05-20-2003, 06:42 PM
hey guys just got my tein stechs in last week. Install went smooth a little different than the old hondas but not bad at all.

The question I have is i had 3 people helping me do it we banged it out in like 25 minutes. with a lift and airtools. after install i came here and read on the problems people were having with noise etc after they installed theirs prings.

The two things i picked up were to pack the upper bearing with grease and line up the arrows. Both of these things we didnt do "it was my buddies shop and he was letting me use it for free so it was tying up a lift"
i Havent had any problems yet maybe a slight poping noise when i turn the wheel back and forth at a stop or low speeds but hardly noticeable.

If im not having any major noise or probs should i take my front suspension apart to make sure those arrows are aligned and regrease the bearings or am i ok. i plan on doing it if i get anymore noise than i have now. so if anyone knows if not having those arrows aligned could damage something please let me know. thanks

Suk02Si
05-20-2003, 07:45 PM
that poping sound you hear when turning is the spring binding in the upper hat assembly. It would be a good idea to take it apart and check everything out.