PDA

View Full Version : Skunk2/ Magnaflow or Spoon cat-back system?

HASNIC
05-20-2003, 09:53 PM
What do you guys think of the Magnaflow cat-back system?

I was thinking of either the Spoon N1 or Skunk 2 cat-back but I have been offered the Magnaflow at a cheaper price than either of those, and just wanted to find out what it is like.

I would be the first person in the UK to get a Magnaflow cat-back and therefore no-one knows what it is like and it is an expensive risk to take if i don't really know what i am buying?

Any info would be great,

Cheers

glw
05-20-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by HASNIC
What do you guys think of the Magnaflow cat-back system?

I was thinking of either the Spoon N1 or Skunk 2 cat-back but I have been offered the Magnaflow at a cheaper price than either of those, and just wanted to find out what it is like.

I would be the first person in the UK to get a Magnaflow cat-back and therefore no-one knows what it is like and it is an expensive risk to take if i don't really know what i am buying?

Any info would be great,

Cheers my contact at Magnaflow tells me that the EP one is being redone and the new one is not yet available. there was another thread (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13626) on the Magnaflow cat-back system.

2k3vbpEP
05-21-2003, 12:24 AM
Also the spoon is more for an axle-back (the midpipe does not fit the USDM Civic).

HASNIC
05-21-2003, 12:33 AM
It would be to fit a UKDM Type-r, the spoon system will fit straight on, as will the Skunk 2, just not sure about the Magnaflow?

Looks like I might wait untill I can find out a bit more about the Magnaflow.

Are there any other US exhausts that you guys would recommend taking a look at?

SHAKEnBAKE
05-21-2003, 01:42 AM
Borla, they're famous for making muscle car exhaust.
Somebody in this forum once posted video clip of the Borla exhaust Vs. stock Civic Si, just search for it.:)

HASNIC
05-21-2003, 08:01 AM
Looks like I will be going for the Skunk 2 cat back system, just costs alot more over here than what you guys pay for it!

Works out at $985 incl shipping, and you guys pay about $500???