PDA

View Full Version : Those With Tein S Tech Springs

SiR_d1
05-20-2003, 10:03 PM
I am curious as to what the part number is of the springs you have on your EP. If you have the springs for the civic 2001 and higher the part# is SKA22-AUB00, correct? I believe this is the same springs showstoppers has been selling. The reason I am asking is because I checked the TEIN website and it said that these springs are NON HATCHBACK. I was gonna buy these today but once I saw this I thought twice. Can someone please clear this up for me

XspeedSi02
05-20-2003, 11:14 PM
Yeah it says NON HATCHBACK but they are the ones everyone has been using. They work fine and the drop is perfect! Trust me get them and you will love them.

SiR_d1
05-20-2003, 11:16 PM
I know. But paxoe says that their is one for our car, he has a part# and everything. Do you have these springs?

SiR_d1
05-20-2003, 11:17 PM
I mean PAXIE:)

spoon3168
05-21-2003, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by SiR_d1
I know. But paxoe says that their is one for our car, he has a part# and everything. Do you have these springs?

actually tein does have one for the EP3 is in the tein japan website here is the part number for the soft spring
SKA12-S1B00 (http://tein.co.jp/stech2h.html)
they only make the soft spring..ft 279/ Rr 239, tein usa for the four/2 door is Ft 157/ Rr 291, both set of spring is in lbs.
hope that helps you ;)

Tenacious G
05-21-2003, 07:29 AM
i e-mailed the folks at tein and they assured me these are the correct springs for the EP3. they response from them also mentioned they think the stock spring rates are very stiff.

regardless, people have purchased and installed these springs w/o problems. i will be installing my teins this weekend.

potator
05-21-2003, 10:05 AM
Hi guys, just a quick question. I've been really considering these springs, and I've been wondering how many people have installed the springs without bump stops and camber kits? Are these springs perfectly safe without them? I know it's only a moderate drop, but I want to be perfectly safe, as this will be my first mod to my currently completely stock EP. So If I were to get these springs, would it be cool to just insall the springs as is, and I'm done, or would I need to cut bump stops and get a camber kit as well? Thanks in advance for any replies and/or suggestions/advices.

FACTION95Si
05-21-2003, 10:30 AM
This thread should be moved to the Suspension forum.

You will need a camber kit for the rear wheels unless you want to eat tires. Not sure about the bumpstops.

SiR_d1
05-21-2003, 04:41 PM
im in such a dilema with this whole part number thing that Im getting to the point where I dont want to lower my car anymore.

SiR_d1
05-21-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
i e-mailed the folks at tein and they assured me these are the correct springs for the EP3. they response from them also mentioned they think the stock spring rates are very stiff.

regardless, people have purchased and installed these springs w/o problems. i will be installing my teins this weekend.

which springs are you talking about? the one on the japanese webstite or the american?? I e-mailed tein to and I am just waiting for their reply

SiR_d1
05-23-2003, 12:13 PM
here is TEIN's reply:

In regards to your question. The Lowering springs part number SKA22-AUB00
will work for the 2003 SI. Please contact any one of our dealers to order.
Thank you for your interest in TEIN High Performance Suspension Products.

Staff @ TEIN USA INC.
7631 Somerset Blvd.
Paramount, CA 90723
Phone: (562)633-7387
Fax: (562)633-7291
www.tein.com

Tenacious G
05-23-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by SiR_d1

which springs are you talking about? the one on the japanese webstite or the american?? I e-mailed tein to and I am just waiting for their reply

the springs listed on the american site.