PDA

View Full Version : RSX-s springs...

00sir
08-13-2002, 10:49 AM
Anyone try to use the stock rsx-s springs on the SI to see if it would lower an inch or so and firm up the ride?

Steve
00sir

SLOlife
08-13-2002, 10:57 AM
I have the same question about the CTR springs:D

Mechanic
08-14-2002, 04:09 AM
These are questions for Hondaman, who works for a Honda store, or a very cooperative parts dept rep who is willing to look up the part #s for you. However, if you go the latter route, even if CTR and RSX-R parts are interchangeable with the Si, the part #s are probably going to be at least one digit different to distinguish the Honda parts from the Acura parts. I found that out when I was shopping for little stuff like an oil filter wrench: the Honda part # ended in 00; the Acura # was 01; same part. Also, if you search the threads, I think I recall reading here that the CTR and the Si have the same spring rates. Now, whether the use of CTR spring would lower an Si, I haven't a clue.

JSIR
08-14-2002, 11:15 AM
from what I can tell the CTR springs are different than the RSX-S. I wouldn't waste any time on the RSX-S springs they don't seem much lower than our cars. I know The CTR springs offer a 15mm drop, which is less than one inch, closer to .75". I've gone the route of Eibach Pro-Kits with just over one inch drop. I don't like the slammed look, but I do want my car to sit lower, so Pro-Kits seem like what I am looking for. Pretty affodable too. If you were to buy new springs from an Acura dealer they would be much more expensive than any aftermarket spring, unless you found a used set somewhere.

HondaMan
08-14-2002, 11:32 AM
These are questions for Hondaman

You mean HondaTech...right? ;)

Mechanic
08-14-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan

You mean HondaTech...right? ;)

Yep. That's what I get for typing early in the a.m. without any coffee onboard.

00sir
08-15-2002, 07:37 AM
That only lower the car an inch or so...
Besides eibach?

Most all say 1.5 to 2.5 inches...

Thanks!