PDA

View Full Version : wanna buy

the JigGa mAn
05-21-2003, 01:43 PM
hey guys, i wanna buy the neuspeed short shifter....but ive heard things like if you dont install it properly it can mess things up...and the last thing i wanna do is mess up my first car...so i was wondering if any one from the schamburg, il area has a neuspeed short shifter installed in there car and has had no problems with it,
and would like install one in mine...:D....if so let me know when you are free...and how long it will take so i can set a day aside and go ahead and buy the short shifter..

fishboy
05-21-2003, 01:55 PM
i'm not the best when it comes to working on cars, but i found the short shifter install was fairly straight forward and easy. you just have to take extra care in not letting that bushing pop out and fall into the dash. that would suck. i stuck some plastic bags under there to catch it just in case it slipped out. just becareful about that. you really can't mess anything else up. just make sure everything is bolted nice and tight, but not TOO tight.:)

brendanSI
05-21-2003, 02:27 PM
what he said....the short throw is hella easy to install...the only thing you really need to be carful of is taking off the one bushing...it took me 15min and i love it.... and i dont think you can really mess this one up... i think k-series.com has instructions

the JigGa mAn
05-21-2003, 02:29 PM
yeah...i saw the k-series.com how to...helps alot...im just scared

MiniVanMan
05-21-2003, 03:42 PM
yeah its pretty easy to install..I work in downers grove if you want me to do it for you i have it and its pretty cool....:cool:

the JigGa mAn
05-21-2003, 08:36 PM
awesome...does anyone else make a short shifter? or is it just neuspeed for now

JoshSI
05-22-2003, 11:27 AM
What is the improved throw and how do you guys like it? Can you get it to squeek shifting into 3rd now??

fishboy
05-22-2003, 11:56 AM
imagine first being in your first and 2nd being alittle under your neutral. and the throws are a tad stiffer. i dunno what squeeking is, but i can shift to third nice.

JoshSI
05-22-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by fishboy
imagine first being in your first and 2nd being alittle under your neutral. and the throws are a tad stiffer. i dunno what squeeking is, but i can shift to third nice.

When you shift hard you can squeek the tires.

fishboy
05-22-2003, 03:03 PM
oh yeah, my car does that. hardly ever on 3rd though. i was able to do it with the stock shifter too.:) then again my car has a turbocharged supercharger that is fueled by nitrous and corn oil.