PDA

View Full Version : Freak'in pissed, my new rims?

SOUTHPAW
05-21-2003, 02:11 PM
I'm trying not to whine, but I just really need to vent. Well I haven't had my new 17" konig imagines(opal) on my car for more than roughly a month to a month and a half and there already damaged. It must have just recently happened because I obviously haven't noticed before. It's been shitty weather around here lately so finally I have off from work and it's nice, so I'm going to spend the day cleaning, washing, polishing, etc... on my SI. So to make a long story short, I get done washing the car, then I move on to the rims. When I notice these somewhat deep scratches in the outer edges of my rim. So initially I think I hit a curb, but theirs not many curbs to scratch up your LEFT- REAR rim, plus I park like a foot away from any curb I park next to anyway. After I calm down I take another close look, and come to the conclusion that these scratches couldn't have been made by a curb or anything else like that. These scratches were definatly man made. A curb would leave a scuff mark type scratch, these are deep and thin and then shallow out at the tail end of them. Plus, there are two perpendicular to each other then a space and then another one. Basically it looks like someone keyed my rims, or scraped them with a knife or screwdriver or somethin like that. It just pisses me off, its like you can't have something nice nowadays without someone getting jealous and wanting to wreck your shit. I'm not the type of person that brags about what I got or anything like that, so this was probibly just some random piece of shit that thought it would be cool to wreck someones rims. I know I can get it refinished, but its just the principle of the thing. Anyway thanks for letting me vent.

greenguy
05-21-2003, 02:16 PM
That kind of shit pisses me off! Those bastards will get theirs one way or another! Too bad you wont be able to dish it out!

SmoothOperator
05-21-2003, 02:30 PM
this type of shit really bothers me too. Some people need to get a life man.

ULTRAMANIA
05-21-2003, 02:37 PM
damn man.. sorry about that.. everytime i get out of my car for anything.. i can't help but i look at my rims to see if they're in good shape... like if they were in bad shape what the hell am i going to do about it right then you know? stupid.. but its like a habit of mine, i can only imagine how pissed i would be if i hit a curb, but nonetheless having sooooome retarded ass person do that, thats another thing man.. sorry about your rim.. hope everything turns out ok man...

golferjn
05-21-2003, 03:17 PM
sorry to hear about that man

cbecker333
05-21-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by greenguy
That kind of shit pisses me off! Those bastards will get theirs one way or another! Too bad you wont be able to dish it out!

They've already gotten theirs. People who do things like that are unhappy an confused and so they get stuck in a cycle of wrecking shit and trying to convince themselves its making them feel less useless. It just makes them stay the same, you can tell because they do it over and over and don't move forward in life. You kinda have to pity them....

Bummer about your rims though...I'd be hella pissed.

SOUTHPAW
05-22-2003, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the replies, I'm slowly starting to cope with the whole thing. The thing that angers me the most is that I just got them on, so I'm not taking them off until like november when I put my stock tires back on for winter. So it looks like I'm rolling with them like this all summer and fall before I get a chance to get them refinished. I'm just going to have to get a new mod(tein type flex coilovers, DC headers) in order to get my mind off my rims.