PDA

View Full Version : tein springs

speedjunkiez
05-21-2003, 04:03 PM
does any one have tein springs on therre car. if so how is the ride.and what size rims do you have if any

Si02
05-21-2003, 04:31 PM
I'm installing mine on Friday. Type-X has Tein springs on his car do a search. I've heard nothing but good things about Tein.

speedjunkiez
05-21-2003, 04:33 PM
cool thanks

SiR_d1
05-21-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Si02
I'm installing mine on Friday. Type-X has Tein springs on his car do a search. I've heard nothing but good things about Tein.

where did you get your springs from? I am trying to figure out what springs everyone has? The springs showstoppers is selling is apparently the wrong springs but everyone who has them has nothing but good things to say about them

Si02
05-21-2003, 04:44 PM
I got mine from Showstoppers.

513n179
05-21-2003, 04:49 PM
where did you get your springs from? I am trying to figure out what springs everyone has? The springs showstoppers is selling is apparently the wrong springs but everyone who has them has nothing but good things to say about them

what? wrong springs? i got mine last week from showstoppers... fill me in

cjonesgo
05-21-2003, 04:59 PM
Wrong? How?
I was assured that they were correct. The box says 01 civic I think. Anyway, I installed mine and love them!! Look great on the car, and the handeling is much improved. The guys at showstoppers were nice, and helpful. I am sure that they could answer any questions that you may have. 140 shipped is hard to argue with. great spring, great price.

If anyone finds out what is "wrong" with them, I am curious to learn more...

SiR_d1
05-21-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by 513n179

what? wrong springs? i got mine last week from showstoppers... fill me in

This is what happened...

I was reading showstoppers forum rearding the tien spring sale and everyone was asking what the part# was because it was not on tein's website. Chuck form showstoppers said that they were the civic 2001+ springs, but it would be ok for our car because on their website it says its also made for the EP3. So I decided to check their website looking under the civic 2001+ part# like showstopper said, and to my surprise beside it said NON HATCHBACK!
I
s the part # of the springs you got form showstoppers SKA22-AUB00 b/c if it is than thats the one.

PLEASE DONT GET ME WRONG! everyone who as got these springs has had no problems. But for me I would rather take the safe route and get springs made for my car b/c in the long run you dont know what the tein springs are gonna do

EP33
05-21-2003, 08:14 PM
I got'em from Showstoppers too.

I like them compared to the H&R Sports. That is because the ride is smoother and it's a lil higher than before.

I have 18" wheels w 40 series tires.

klik
05-21-2003, 10:52 PM
got mine on stock wheels the drop is awesome, cant go wrong with Teins, never had problem with it plus ride is better than stockies

Makross
05-21-2003, 11:09 PM
no doubt about it