PDA

View Full Version : K24 Frankenstein update plots/videos (gains without B pipe)5-20-03

B18CXr
05-21-2003, 04:56 PM
AEM CAI and HP Racing header are the only mods.
Only change was B-pipe replaced with 2.25 inch pipe.

http://www.p1auto.com/jack/pictures/nobpipebus.jpg

short vid of the Bus on the rollers

http://www.p1auto.com/jack/movies/busdyno.MPG

fishboy
05-21-2003, 05:03 PM
sounds like a beast. why block out the final hp and torque figures? i could have told you you probably got about 6 hp from a CAI and header.:D

Jpax
05-21-2003, 05:08 PM
nice . and :cool:

B18CXr
05-21-2003, 05:16 PM
could have told you you probably got about 6 hp from a CAI and header

??? The only change between the runs was the B-pipe change??

the +6hp was from the b-pipe alone:D

(numbers vary from dyno to dyno, I'd rather not get into a "peak number" battle with board members, I just want to show deltas)

TheMutt
05-21-2003, 05:58 PM
You ever wonder if through a strange turn of events Honda accidently put an RSX-S engine into ur Si? I mean like there was a big mess up at the factory and disgruntled workers struck back by swapping out the motors on random cars...

I think I'll go check under my hood really fast :p

Oh, and nice vid!

Dunrick
05-21-2003, 06:26 PM
Whats the power of that thing? Howcome your not posting the #'s?

02SilverSiHB
05-21-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Dunrick
Whats the power of that thing? Howcome your not posting the #'s?
yeah, kinda a usless post imo. Who cares if someone doesn't like the results...Fuck em!

95 GSR
05-21-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by B18CXr

(numbers vary from dyno to dyno, I'd rather not get into a "peak number" battle with board members, I just want to show deltas)
which head is being used? the k20a2 head?

AznPower
05-21-2003, 08:02 PM
damn jack u just keep drawing power from that thing. good work. keep us updated. can't wait to see u run that thing

Dunrick
05-21-2003, 08:10 PM
W-T-F-

You just wanted to let everybody know you dyno'd your car...

Sweet bro.

hamlet9634
05-21-2003, 09:18 PM
i just want a straight dyno with final output numbers.. we all know every car is a lil different (probably 5-10hp variation per dyno, given conditions, etc).

but if your overall hp number is very much below 170 at the wheels with the set-up you've got.. then so far your project isn't worth it..

unless a turbo is on the way, in which case a low compression k24a2 is the PERFECT place to make insane amounts of power

Accordexcpe95
05-22-2003, 08:39 AM
ahhh where's the numbers!! :confused:

B18CXr
05-22-2003, 09:20 AM
unless a turbo is on the way

way ahead of you son,

once a "good" standalone is out, the snail will be mounted.

Handling the fuel with an FMU is not a smart thing to do, I'll just wait a bit till I can control it via laptop.;)

fishboy
05-22-2003, 09:26 AM

shit, sorry i do that. whoa i want a b-pipe then. where did you get yours? and what is a b-pipe? that is the pipe between the header and the cat, correct? i usually call that pipe the a-pipe or downpipe, since it technically does go down.:)

edit: another question. what is the diameter of the stock b-pipe?

Az02Si
05-22-2003, 10:56 AM
Ok,ive replied to you on 2-3 different sites asking for NUMBERS,along with tons of other people,and have YET to see nothing but a cheesy graph.You constantly avoid any questions regarding the cars output.CONSTANTLY AVOID,and thats no joke.If you wont post the #s then dont bother telling us that the car was dynoed;its worthless info to those of us who are really interested.Thats like JR saying "Hey guys we dynoed our boosted EP,heres a vid,but we arent going to tell you the numbers" Kinda retarded IMHO..PM me the digits if you have to,but i want to know what that things laying down.Please answer the countless people HERE and on HT than have asked you power figures,or just stop posting about the car being dynoed and not providing any info....

S800Racer
05-22-2003, 11:34 AM
Jack,
Ignore the yahoos that want to rip on you for not quoting a number. I am much more interested in gains for a specific mod. There are at least a few of us on the board that want to hear the latest updates on the K24A2 motor, so keep up the good work and the posts.
Is the B-pipe the same thing that everyone is calling a "mid-pipe"? (pipe from end of cat to the muffler).

P.S. - to everyone that wants to know how strong the K24A2 is: I've driven it (thanks Jack). The biggest advantage right now is mid-range torque. It's really strong between 4,000 and 5,500. You have to remember it is still running on an EP ECU with compromised ignition and fuel maps and the 6800 rpm rev limit. When it gets an "A2" ECU it should show a lot more power in the upper rpm. When it gets a turbo...... look out.

B18CXr
05-22-2003, 02:09 PM
If you wont post the #s then dont bother telling us

Don't click on the link if you don't want to read about it.

once again, peak numbers are pointless.

Area under the curve and delta's are much more important to me.

Car has gained 32whp since the swap and B-pipe.

j spek chucks
05-22-2003, 06:03 PM
To me it seems like you were in such a hurry to be the first one to do this that you didn

B18CXr
05-22-2003, 06:11 PM
[I]To me it seems like you were in such a hurry to be the first one to do this that you didn

Dunrick
05-22-2003, 07:02 PM
Whats the point of not telling us the peak hp #'s? Give the Ephatch.com community something to look forward to. You already got the attention of poeple, just let us know whats going on.

cj miller
05-22-2003, 07:08 PM
damn. what is up with everyone. numbers arent everything. i personally dont care if his horse power is 180 or 390. doesnt matter. the point of this thread was to show what gains he got off a couple mods. READ THE TOPIC. i think his motor is very good and his gains will only get better with simple mods. The potential for this motor is so high in our car there no telling what can happen, SO DONT TELL HIM WHAT HE SHOULDVE OR SHOULD DO. Read enjoy and worry about your own motor.

02SilverSiHB
05-23-2003, 04:05 PM
[I]

once again, peak numbers are pointless.

Area under the curve and delta's are much more important to me.

Very true I agree totally, it just would have nice to see for kicks and giggles :) I know what you mean about the peak numbers being pointless...it good get like 170whp and be terrible throughout the rpms, jumping and diving everywhere. Where as it could be 150whp, but have a much better curve throughout the rpms.

B18CXr
05-26-2003, 06:49 AM
it just would have nice to see for kicks and giggles

If I ever get on a Dyno-jet dyno, EPhatch.com will be the first to know.

just by looking at other cars in the database on our Mustang Dyno, I'd guess shes in the 175-180ish range.<-------Dynojet numbers.

USMCSI
05-26-2003, 01:58 PM
So are you able to run the A2 head on teh pnl ecu? Does the vtec just run in a limp mode then? Does it engage at all?
Looks like good work man, somebody has to be the pioneer to this shit, looks like it is coming out okay.:)