PDA

View Full Version : How much $$$ is the 10K check up

BlackNRedSi
05-22-2003, 06:00 AM
Anyone know how much the 10k check up is for our car...do you have to get it done, is it suggested to get done?

pros cons?

first time owner of a honda, dont know if these things need the 10k check up or not!

Thanks !

Eric

paralysis
05-22-2003, 07:05 AM
When I had my car done they
Moved the tires, changed the oil, and checked all over the car
for anything going bad, so they can replace it under warrenty
My cost was right at about $150.00

HokieSi
05-22-2003, 07:31 AM
I'm guessing that when they rotated the tires they did alignment and balancing too? How much does that normally cost alone?

BlasTech
05-22-2003, 07:32 AM
Heh, I have mine coming for FREE :D

Only because I've been into the dealer 9 times for a stupid body creaking noise... that still isnt gone, not just a little squeaky-weaky either. :( but they're being good about it, even gave me a Neon rental...woohoo.

BlackNRedSi
05-22-2003, 09:53 AM
150? it better be an alignment in that, with rotating the tires, oil change, some other fluid chages....plus checking the car for shyte, but im going to call them now to find out what exactally its going to cost for me!

Eric

BlackNRedSi
05-22-2003, 10:07 AM
ok this is what they said for me

$79.95

oil change
front and back hinges lubed
inspect lights
steering rack
exhaust
rotate tires
visual inspection on car
few other things that werent all that important

what does suck tho, i asked him... (what are your hours on doing this) he says M-F only 8-4...I said 'cant do it then, this is my only car, and those are the hours i work' he says 'what you cant get another car to drive?' NO! i cant, dont have another car...he says 'oh well then, call us when you have a day off or have a car to drive that day....otherwise we cant do anything for you, and saturdays are only for Inspection!

So WTF guess i dont get it done!

NEVERMIND

i called another place they said 49.99 AND they use MOBIL 1 :)
AND have saturday hours, June 14 is when i bring it in thanks guys

Makross
05-22-2003, 10:45 AM
i think i need to go get my car checked too but im BROKE :( :'(

todaCspec
05-25-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
ok this is what they said for me

$79.95

oil change
front and back hinges lubed
inspect lights
steering rack
exhaust
rotate tires
visual inspection on car
few other things that werent all that important

NEVERMIND

i called another place they said 49.99 AND they use MOBIL 1 :)
AND have saturday hours, June 14 is when i bring it in thanks guys

Is this another honda dealer? If so it's kinda fugged up that they
give different prices for the same service. Some dealers = crooks!

hamproof
06-02-2003, 11:12 AM
$80 for an oil change?? What? Do they think you are driving a Bummer or Lexus??

Seriously, oil change should run you $20 max at a Honda dealership. Anything more they are ripping you off. Lubbing hinges and visual inspection doesn't cost them anything. Rotating tires, ok, $10 more.

But Mobil1 for $50 is ok. DIYers can get it done for <$25.

fishboy
06-02-2003, 11:43 AM
i didn't do the 10k or the 20k services. all they did was change the oil and check shit. at the 30k, which i am doing this week, they will change all the fluids, tranny included. they will also do the valves. they would even install a jdm valve cover if i had one.

you should really call around because different dealers do different things. the dealership that i bought my car from charges the same amount as this other place, but they don't readjust the valves. so i am going to this other place.

if i were you i wouldn't bother with the 10k or maybe even the 20k services. i can eye my fluids and refill my own windshield washer fluid. but if other dealerships are doing more for the 10/20k services and it will make you feel better go ahead and do those services.

Jaws Of Death
06-03-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
Heh, I have mine coming for FREE :D

Only because I've been into the dealer 9 times for a stupid body creaking noise... that still isnt gone, not just a little squeaky-weaky either. :( but they're being good about it, even gave me a Neon rental...woohoo.

That sounds eerily familiar, where is your creaking comming from? I've been back to the dealer 5 times for creaking comming from behind the driver seat area and they've been able to get rid of it for a day or two, but it always comes back. Its driving me nuts. The dealership has been really nice, but they haven't fixed anything. Last time I was in and they couldn't fix it, they said something about ordering body spacers??? and are supposed to call me to set up an appointment. This sucks:'( Oh well, at least I get to beat on a Hyundai Elantra for a few days:rolleyes:

BlasTech
06-04-2003, 07:40 AM
Sorry to hear it, Jaws.

On mine, they had to wait for a chassis listening device to arrive from California, then determined that the sound was a metal foldover (that covers a welding seam) rubbing another surface when the car flexed. Well they "pulled it back some".

My creak has gotten WAY quieter than when it started due to thier work, but its not gone yet by any means. The hard part is that the sound is intermittent based on inside/outside temps. I can set out and its tight as a drum, then drive for 10 miles and its creaky creaky.

I'll get them to work on it again when I do my 10K service.

If you are working with your service manager, have him contact mine, Garret Liming, at First Texas Honda (512-458-2511)

IceD out N CALI
06-04-2003, 10:15 AM
10k service = oil change. you can inspect your own lights and belts... no adjusting is done just "inspect" it is a good dealer money maker for them imo. our first tune up isnt until 105k or so if i'm not mistaken:)

IceD out N CALI
06-04-2003, 10:18 AM
oh yeah, there will be times when u need to get things done like AC recharging stuff like that, but just follow the owners manual on that stuff. 10k service etc is just stuff to bring in more revenue for the dealers. if u look at what they actually do its usually change oil, and in some cases fill fluids or change tranny oil. however all u gotta do is fill those yourself as necessary, and follow the owners manual schedule for when to change them (ie tranny fluid, radiator etc)

Jaws Of Death
06-04-2003, 12:33 PM
Blas, I guess I'll have my service manager give your guy a call...can't hurt. Thanks for the info.

02-sir
06-04-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Jaws Of Death

That sounds eerily familiar, where is your creaking comming from? I've been back to the dealer 5 times for creaking comming from behind the driver seat area and they've been able to get rid of it for a day or two, but it always comes back. Its driving me nuts. The dealership has been really nice, but they haven't fixed anything. Last time I was in and they couldn't fix it, they said something about ordering body spacers??? and are supposed to call me to set up an appointment. This sucks:'( Oh well, at least I get to beat on a Hyundai Elantra for a few days:rolleyes:

My car started creaking too. I wanted to find the problem before bring it to the dealer, and it turned out to be the drivers seat creaking. (time for a diet I guess) Anyway, just something to check. All I had to do was grab the top of the seat and rock it side to side to create the noise.

todaCspec
06-05-2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
oh yeah, there will be times when u need to get things done like AC recharging stuff like that, but just follow the owners manual on that stuff. 10k service etc is just stuff to bring in more revenue for the dealers. if u look at what they actually do its usually change oil, and in some cases fill fluids or change tranny oil. however all u gotta do is fill those yourself as necessary, and follow the owners manual schedule for when to change them (ie tranny fluid, radiator etc)

Our manuals says not to change tranny fluid until 60,000 miles, do people change it at 10,000 miles?