PDA

View Full Version : I need a surf rack!

ek9jdmhb
05-22-2003, 09:49 AM
does anyone know if they make specific racks for or si? I dont want to buy a universal one, because ive seen some soft surf racks rip the rubber lining in the door. does anyone know what is the biggest surfboard that we can fin inside our ep? thanks

2QK4U ALLWAYS
05-22-2003, 02:03 PM
THULE is All I ahve to say expensive but worth it fit like a glove can use roof extension or not no scrtches either had it on all winter:p

midas
05-27-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by ek9jdmhb
does anyone know if they make specific racks for or si? I dont want to buy a universal one, because ive seen some soft surf racks rip the rubber lining in the door. does anyone know what is the biggest surfboard that we can fin inside our ep? thanks

i tried the yakima rack and it fit well...except the bars are a little close but i think itsfine without the extension. the problem is wind noise!!! it was unbearable!! and couldnt imagine never opening the moon roof or the gas milage i was losing. i took it off after a week and am now going with a sweet dakine soft rack. havent really used it yet but i can let you know.

i think if your careful you can minimize the damege if any to your headliner or rubber lining
surfs up
-midas

!@#$%
05-29-2003, 10:35 AM
if i were a surfer, I would have bought an element :)

midas
05-29-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by !@#$%
if i were a surfer, I would have bought an element :)
thats a pretty expensive surf rack ;)
like all the yuppies who bought nissan exterras so they could go skiing twice a year.:confused:

-midas

surfsi
06-18-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by ek9jdmhb

surfsi
06-18-2003, 02:54 PM
My long board is a 7-6'' fun and I lay it across the front seat. I have a thule and cant stand the sound, not to mention the look. I just use my travel bag so that I don't ruin te interior; It looks like your a boogie boarder not a surfer,anywho as long as your carving those waves who cares! Racks suck if you wanted one you would of got a crv.

ek9jdmhb
06-18-2003, 03:00 PM
yeah, i have a 7ft funboard and i just lay it right down the middle. The board is my girlfriends. I prefer bodyboarding but i'll surf sometimes