PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with System!

Chrisbgft
05-22-2003, 11:01 AM
I am trying to get my system done my June 28 for a show that is going on in my state. I have 2 12" AudioBahn Subs, the ones with the flames on the back and are suppost to mounted with the magnet up. Thats how i want it too. I have 2 buy 2 boxes and a amp for them. What kind of options do i have to mount these and the amp in the trunk of the EP? Give me some suggestions!

C1V1C
05-22-2003, 12:22 PM
Well, from what I see so far, If you mount it with magnet up, most likely you will need a custom installation, especially for a show.

I am now in a progress doing fiberglass enclosure for my sub, but I am waiting for my dremel to come, so I have to wait on that.

If you need me with those, or just want to talk about it. Let me know. I live in Chicago, IL. UIC campus area.

I am planning to finish my installation by the end of May or early June.

Chrisbgft
05-22-2003, 12:50 PM
hey, that would be very cool. Are good at doing installs? I have been trying to find a place that could do mine for a good price and good quality. Alot of the places are quoting me like $300-400 for install. Seemed kinda steep.

C1V1C
05-22-2003, 01:03 PM
$300 - $400 for an install, for all speakers and sub including head unit ? That's a good deal. even my fiberglass material cost me almost $150. Since I had no tools at all, and I have to buy some. You definitly need a special install, since you mount it magnet up. you do not want a wedge box with magnet in the outside huh ?

Chrisbgft
05-22-2003, 01:23 PM
yea, i have everything the subs, boxes, hu, amps, and that is just to install. Well, that is why the flames are on the magnets of these subs. To be mounted that way. i was hoping to do something where both subs are in the back angled inwards with the amp in the middle of them. Hopefully i will decide something!

2k3vbpEP
05-23-2003, 03:26 AM
Well for fiberglass it is expensive. I am getting quotes of around $600-700 for a custom fiberglass box (I want it to take up as little space as possible with the box and 2 amps)

BarracksSi
05-23-2003, 11:38 AM
$600-700? Goodness...

I was once quoted "up to $250" for a fiberglass box for a single sub to fit in the rear corner of the hatch. I can imagine that one with two amps would be more than that, but not 2-1/1 times more.