PDA

View Full Version : new bumber...how much???

BlackBullet02Si
05-22-2003, 12:58 PM
quick question:
how much would a new stock si bumper be if I have it changed by a bodyshop?

I was driving home from school today in the rain, the bus infront of me let off kids at its stop, then starts going again. A second later it stops short again cuz a dumb kid forgot to get off. I stop nicely on the slick road cuz i had left enough space between me. Unfortunately this ricer in an integra two cars down thought he was gonna get up to speed nice and fast. When the bus stopped short he jammed on the brakes and slid fast into the car in back of me which then slid into me. I've got a whole bunch of marks on the bumper, two deep gauges from license plate screws, and a nice sized dent. :'( . Dammit I'm so pissed. The kid who hit me doesn't wanna go through insurance so he said he'll pay for a new one and all the shop work. Leaving right now to get an estimate. Also, do you think it'd be better just to get an estimate, take the money from him, and buy a jdm kit or something? I'm just wondering, tho I don't think the parents'll let me use accident money like that. Thanks a lot

fsugatorbait
05-22-2003, 01:13 PM
get the estimate, take the money, call showstoppers, get JDM...whoooo whoooo

S2kGirl
05-22-2003, 02:17 PM
The bumper itself should be around 230. The labor shouldn't be much more than 4 or 5 hours worth to remove, install and refinish. That is if you only had the bumper damaged. (could be wrong about hte labor. It's difficult to decipher the abbreviations on my estimates and break down what labor was to fix which parts.)

I just got rear-ended and the bumper was replaced, but there was also damage to the frame, taillights and quarterpanel. My estimates came out around 1300 bucks for everything.

Hope this helps.

ApexinSi
05-22-2003, 03:06 PM
there are people around here selling black rear bumpers for $100... only thing thats going to cost ya is the shipping... I'm still waiting for someone to give up a satin silver one. :(

BlackBullet02Si
05-22-2003, 03:33 PM
thanks guys, estimates came to 360 and the kid is ok paying for that. I think i'll just go with that. Thanks for all the help.

cpu519
05-24-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
get the estimate, take the money, call showstoppers, get JDM...whoooo whoooo

Yeah! I'm secretely hoping that someone runs into my bumper and damages it just enough so it needs replacement. Then - JDM all the way! Oh, but then I can't sell it to ApexinSi.