PDA

View Full Version : ... side skirt...

RyteN2Ep3
05-22-2003, 01:22 PM
hi fellow ep'ers...
i have one dumb question to ask.. is the type r side skirt and the buddy club side skirt the same??? or is there some difference between the two .. beside the fact that the the JDM type R side skirt is pu and other kit out there is mostly fg. because i'm hoping to get just the sideskirt for my ep.. but wasn't sure if there is any difference between the two.. or with any other kit out there...
any info would be appreciated.. thanks.. btw.. where can i find a good deal on just the side skirt alone.

thanks for your time.

Mugen_EP
05-22-2003, 03:14 PM
The BC side skirts have an extra lip across the bottom that extends away from the body. It is a minor difference which most people wouldnt notice.

Suk02Si
05-22-2003, 03:43 PM
plus, they're fiberglass:rolleyes:

fiberglass stuff usually fits like crap:D

Mugen_EP
05-22-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
plus, they're fiberglass:rolleyes:

fiberglass stuff usually fits like crap:D

He said BESIDES the fact that they are fiberglass...DUMBASS!!:D :D

RyteN2Ep3
05-22-2003, 05:31 PM
thanks guy for the info..
but do you guys kno where i can find a good deal on just the type r side skirt itself???
cheapest i've found was about 500 smackaroo's kinda pricy for just sideskirt alone... :'( not to mention i have to have it painted.. silver to match my car.. :(

Suk02Si
05-22-2003, 11:07 PM
Believe me, it's well worth the 500. You can get replica ones for about 200 bucks but they're not worth it.

The OEM skirts have all the mounting clips, are poly u, fit perfectly, and have a rubber seal along the top.

Type X
05-26-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
Believe me, it's well worth the 500. You can get replica ones for about 200 bucks but they're not worth it.

The OEM skirts have all the mounting clips, are poly u, fit perfectly, and have a rubber seal along the top.

couldn't have said it better myself

StrangeShadow
05-27-2003, 01:24 AM
X, are all your type-r kit parts oem? (non-replica)
what were your biggest prbs getting them to fit if any?

Type X
05-27-2003, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow
X, are all your type-r kit parts oem? (non-replica)
what were your biggest prbs getting them to fit if any?

everything is genuine
only my wing is replica
bumper supports needed to be pulled for the bumpers
and skirts needed to be drilled or double sided on the car
other than that its coo :)