PDA

View Full Version : Can I re-finance my car

02si
08-13-2002, 05:49 PM
Seriously
Could I find a better interest rate and refinance?

JSIR
08-13-2002, 06:00 PM
tell me about it, Honda just released their 5.8% rate on the Si, wasn't available when I bought mine 3 months ago. I have never bought a Honda at the right time, every time I bought a Honda they always released a better incentive a few months after my deal closed, pissses me off. To answer your question, you can't refinance through Honda , but through a different lender you could as long as your contract allows you to buy it outright at any time, check the agreement.

Joey

02blksi
08-13-2002, 06:03 PM
same here just bought my si 2 weeks ago and now 5.8% BAhhhhhhhhh !!!!! i got mine @ 7.8% not to bad --joe

David K.
08-13-2002, 06:09 PM
remember, now your car is used since it has already been registered and titled in your name. You will not get new car finance rates. Even the best rates for a used vehicle are usually a couple of points higher than decent new rates.

JSIR
08-13-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by David K.
remember, now your car is used since it has already been registered and titled in your name. You will not get new car finance rates. Even the best rates for a used vehicle are usually a couple of points higher than decent new rates.

yeaht that's true, and around here you can only get 3 year financing on used car as the longest term last time I checked, dunno if that applies in other areas.

02SilverSiHB
08-13-2002, 06:20 PM
damn! I must have great credit and luck. I got 5.5% and got the car at 16,700 :D I'm not bragging or anything

02si
08-13-2002, 06:21 PM
what about a lease?

SpeedRacer
08-13-2002, 07:15 PM
screw you silver go tell someone else because we dont want to hear it:mad:

02blksi
08-13-2002, 07:21 PM
yes silver screw you !!! LOL :)

02SilverSiHB
08-13-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
screw you silver go tell someone else because we dont want to hear it:mad:
http://www.plaudersmilies.de/devil/evilgrin1.gif

insomniac
08-13-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by David K.

Not true. I used to work at a credit union that would buy data from a mailing list vendor of all new vehicle registrations in our county every month (must be legal in WI for the DMV to sell this info). Then we would mail re-finance flyers to the people who had 'picky' financial institutions listed as lienholders on their title (i.e. we would target people who financed with companies known to only lend to good credit risks...people who financed with companies that specialized in bad credit were weeded out). These re-finances were done at the current new-car rate. Pretty sleazy if you ask me, but it must be pretty common for banks to steal each other's most prized loan customers.