PDA

View Full Version : Installed my Tein Springs

Si02
05-22-2003, 11:03 PM
This is a very time consuming project. It took me about 5 hrs with a little break here and there. I did it at my friends garage with no air tools, needless to say I'm beat. My knuckles look like they've been in a UFC bout. I broke a tie rod boot or whatever its called. That really pisses me off since I was trying to save money by doing it myself. One question does it matter which way the rear shocks are put on? I remembered something about white marks facing the wheels so thats what I did. Now I read that the white marks were refering to the fronts. Did I goof up??? I was surprised that after installing springs and rear camber kit the car seemed to drive perfect. I was expecting to be wobbling down the road. Well I dropped it off at the Honda dealership for the alignment so hopefully everything goes well. Now on to the looks. I love it!!!! I think its the perfect drop. Can't wait to polish my baby up and post some pics. Can somebody tell me how to replace the boot that I broke? I even busted it with a tie rod seperator.... :eek:

EP33
05-23-2003, 06:49 AM
OUCH! Sorry about your boot. Hope you like the new ride of the drop. I'm not sure about which way faces which. I was anal and marked all of my stuff with a whiteout pen before I disassembled it. I wish I could have told you to do that befoe now. I'll look at mine and see if there are any factory marks to help you out, because I am certain my stuff went back the way it came off.

Si02
05-23-2003, 10:03 AM
In the rears there was a white dot on the rears but the dot was facing in and when I installed them I put the white dot points out towards the wheels. Do you know what that boot is called?

potator
05-23-2003, 10:24 AM
That's awesome man. Glad to hear your installation went pretty well. Hope to see some pics soon. You don't have a front Camber Kit do you? Only the rear?

Si02
05-23-2003, 12:11 PM
Well I just got off the phone with the Honda dealership. They told me that I am going to need the front camber kit too.....:'(

FACTION95Si
05-23-2003, 12:32 PM
I dont remember the rear shocks having a front or back side. And don't worry about the tie rod boot. I bought replacement ones from the dealer for about $1.50 a piece.