PDA

View Full Version : i need to paint a mugen grill....where???

stocksi22
05-23-2003, 12:29 PM
im getting a mugen grill...or at least my gf is buyin it for me :)...but anyways, i know that the grill comes in white but my car is nbp...so should i get it painted at honda so the paint matches or should i do it at a independant shop???what would the price differences be and would it be worth it to spend the extra money letting honda paint it or would it be minute differences???

Civicvtec1ps
05-23-2003, 02:10 PM
go to local dealer and local shop to check out price for painting grill. that depends on ANY shops. im sure local paint shop can match NBP color pretty good

IceD out N CALI
05-24-2003, 01:05 PM
u could get it painted at a reputable shop. any reputable shop should be able to paint match it to ur car and make it look perfect. check around for pricing. I know mugenep did his, forgot how much exactly he said it cost for the paintjob part of it.

EP3racer
06-22-2003, 11:15 PM
Just a question, r u sure that the mugen grill fit into the USD Si bumpber?

chubbychu
06-23-2003, 12:15 AM
im not sure how shops match it...but i was able to get my engine cover, washer nozzles, rear liscence plate frame, and mudguards painted Taffetta white but supplying them when a color code... nh XXXX thats how i did it...i dunno if its different over there but thats how i did mine.

ep88
06-23-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
u could get it painted at a reputable shop. any reputable shop should be able to paint match it to ur car and make it look perfect. check around for pricing. I know mugenep did his, forgot how much exactly he said it cost for the paintjob part of it.

i think the paint job was free coz it took the shop forever to paint tony's grill.

"Just a question, r u sure that the mugen grill fit into the USD Si bumpber?" - yeah...check out mugenEP's ride :D

Team
06-26-2003, 09:52 PM
Its easy for a shop to match the paint, since its a new vehicle the paint is going to be the same as the paint code and also a shop can match up paint by buffing and detailing to make it look perfect, try to go to a local shop though because it should be cheaper then a Honda dealership. Im guessing that it will cost you about $100.00 to paint it because its about $20.00 for the paint and the rest will go to labor and will only take a day. Good luck though