PDA

View Full Version : Go ahead with spring install???

Tenacious G
05-23-2003, 01:29 PM
Here's my situation.

I took my EP in this week to fix off-center steering and a clicking noise coming from my suspension when I made right turns. Turns out, the service adviser said, that I have a bad strut. So, they have ordered a new one, and I will take my car back in next week to get it put in.

I have some Tein springs that are screaming to be installed. And this weekend is as good as any to finally get it done. Actually, I'd like to get it done this weekend since it's a holiday, and I have lots of time.

Question: Should I go ahead with the spring install, and will that cause me to take some flack from the dealership about having aftermarket springs coupled with a bad strut? (i.e. do you think they'll try to blame the problem on the springs?)

fsugatorbait
05-23-2003, 01:34 PM
sounds like they already diagnosed the problem with stock springs so I dont see how if you brought your ride in with aftermarket springs they have any ground to stand on to complain...drop that whip:)

EP33
05-23-2003, 01:45 PM
I have had 2 wheels alignments and after both my sterring wheel has moved after turning corners at moderate high to high speed.

What did the dealer say the problem was with the steering wheel being crooked when traveling straight?

I personally would wait on the installation of the aftermarket stuff until they get it right while stock. This gives them 0 ammo to combat potential problems with having to take your car back.

Go give yourself a handy and calm down, those springs will still be there :p

CaptainMurphy
05-24-2003, 03:01 PM
i got an idea. put the springs on zach's car. then once your struts are fixed. pull the strut/spring unit from both cars and swap them.

j/k that sounds like a lot of work. but I just want to see the car lowered while i'm here.