PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Racing results!!

02TafWhtSi
05-23-2003, 07:04 PM
July 2003 issue of Sport Compact Car on pg. 31 has a paragraph on Jackson Racing releasing its supercharger kits for our EPs and the RSX Type S. Below is a snap of the article and a few quotes:

"Oscar Jackson claims the kits whack power in the Si up from 125 at the front wheels to a thick 204, and from 159 to 255 in the RSX, on his Dynojet dynamometer."

"In a few quick runs down the Fontana strip, SCC 's testers had the Si blitzing to 60 in 6.6 seconds and running the quarter mile in 14.7 seconds at 96.3 mph. The RSX practically turned the air into butter while churning through a 5.9 second 0-60 performance and 13.9 at 104.6 mph quarter."

RacingCivicSi02
05-23-2003, 07:17 PM
i was expecting alot more, but thats ok too. Wonder whats the price range.

02TafWhtSi
05-23-2003, 07:20 PM
this pic is really crappy (trying to photo a magazine in bad light :( ) but you can kinda see the SC directly before the engine. Thats a DC Sports DAC intake feeding it by the way

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
05-23-2003, 07:40 PM
14.7 @ 96, huh.
please tell me that was at a really low boost level.
5 psi?
that is extremely disappointing.
i woulda figured at least a low 14.

02TafWhtSi
05-23-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
14.7 @ 96, huh.
please tell me that was at a really low boost level.
5 psi?
that is extremely disappointing.
i woulda figured at least a low 14.

No details on psi but it has to be around 5 or 6. JR is probably being extra careful since its a new engine without much aftermarket R&D (relatively) and all internals are being left stock. Just my guess :)

RMC22
05-23-2003, 07:58 PM
It was only 125 at the wheels to being with? That's weak. But um, power numbers are relative to the car. Notice.. the RSX dropped a little over a second.. the SI dropped a little over a second. Did you expect the SI's kit to outperform an RSX-S? IMO, these are good.. Just not $4,000 good.

RMC22
05-23-2003, 07:59 PM
Oh yeah, was the ECU tuned by Hondata?

IceD out N CALI
05-23-2003, 08:41 PM
wasnt the boost on that one like at 4.8psi?

myeverlovinsir
05-23-2003, 09:12 PM
Doesn't make much sense to me. I know that from the 15.2's I am consistantly running now... that with the JRSC I should be in
the 13's. No problem. Somehow the numbers just are not there.
I am only talking about the 5psi they offer as a generic boost.
With the 7-12 psi boost upgrade, I doubt very much that 14.7 is
all you would get. Some things just have to be done yourself, this is
just one of them. Fuck magazines!:D

Joker
05-23-2003, 10:11 PM
A better pic

http://a0.cpimg.com/image/54/5D/18374740-94ce-02000180-.jpg

03hatch
05-23-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Joker
A better pic

http://a0.cpimg.com/image/54/5D/18374740-94ce-02000180-.jpg

the kit looks sweet tho.

BlackJDMep
05-24-2003, 12:32 AM
IMO, NOT WORTH IT! Just get the type S swap!!! (3500)

Makross
05-24-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by BlackJDMep
IMO, NOT WORTH IT! Just get the type S swap!!! (3500)

i agree

Glix
05-24-2003, 01:01 AM
This car is not meant for drag racing and the numbers prove it.
14.7 1/4 mile w/ 204 hp in a car that weighs 2700 lbs is weak sauce.

2k2_nbp_egg
05-24-2003, 01:11 AM
Ehhh....you guys should at least give the trap some credit. 96? Thats sorta impressive....higher than a stock wrx, higher than a stock type S, and just a couple mph lower than the srt-4.

On another note....if thats on 7+psi then that is fucking terrible for the price (3k?) and the type S swap would be a simpler, more reliable setup. I'm assuming that maybe traction was a problem on the Si they were testing that had the JRSC? Oh well, 100 mph traps are attainable w/ tunning IMO, and so are mid and MAYBE a low 14 second pass in that JRSC'd Si they tested, but im doubtful as hell on the low 14...which is what JRSC'd EM Sis usually get.

Please correct me if i was wrong in this post lol.

Mechanic
05-24-2003, 02:54 AM
Just for info, Jackson Racing has been around for over 20 years. Jackson himself was a road racer. He got his start in the after- market retailing products of his own design that worked on the track and the street. (Shocks, anti-roll bars, springs, etc.) His supercharger for the current Si/RSX is his attempt to move with, or perhaps get ahead of, the direction of the import market.

As for the boost pressure, whatever it is, Jackson is smart enough to realize the last thing he wants to do is market a supercharger that going to result in dozens, perhaps hundreds, of motors exploding as a result of excessive boost.

So, what's excessive? My hunch is that Jackson chose something relatively conservative -- around 5 PSI for the street. I'm guessing that produces 15-20 hp at the crankshaft. Push the boost up to 8 or 10 PSI on a stock Si motor and you'll see another 30 hp or so, but at that pressure it's just a matter of time before the stock components (rods/pistons) begin to fail.

Jackson is a smart guy. He's looking for satisfied customers who will be proud to open their hoods to show of their superchargers and, thus, add to the reputation of his company. The last thing he wants is a bunch of busted motors and lawsuits, which is what he'd get with an 8-10 psi product. JMO.

Will2K2
05-24-2003, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by RMC22
It was only 125 at the wheels to being with? That's weak. But um, power numbers are relative to the car. Notice.. the RSX dropped a little over a second.. the SI dropped a little over a second. Did you expect the SI's kit to outperform an RSX-S? IMO, these are good.. Just not $4,000 good.

Tuners always do this crap,

They take the lowest possible result for a car (in this case 125 wtf???????) and they use that to make their best possible run look even better. ("JRSC will give you 40% B.S. Gain over stock, Blah, Blah, Blah")

Fuck you JRSC, as if anyone on this site has Dynoed 125 BoneStock (on any Dyno at all)

A couple guys have even broken 140 BONE STOCK and most if not all, have been in the high 130s BONE stock

125!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Fuck a JRSC and Screw him(Oscar)

Like the others said, I'd to a Type S or Jap Type R(K20a) in a second before I would consider this bish at this price.

Now if the JRSC was $1,999 U.S. , $2,700 CDN I'd consider it

******giving Oscar Jackson the one Finger Salute*******

XLR8B4U
05-24-2003, 06:40 AM
From someone who has had an Eaton Supercharger on their car for two years now..

I have said it before and I will say it again. I think the boost is low on purpose just so people will buy the upgrade kit.

This is a way for Jackson to milk more out of their customers.
I am running 8.5 lbs of boost on a BMW 1.9L engine and have not had 1 issue. OK 1 issue and that is expected. I need a better clutch.

I CALL BS on the suggestion that Oscar is playing it safe.
He is playing it smart!! Which sucks because I like Superchargers.

http://www.sanobike.com/images/bull%20crap.gif

siver-SI
05-24-2003, 07:45 AM
OK dumb question has anyone e-mailed or called Jackson to see what is up with the numbers? I have e-mailed them in the past and they got back to me about 2 days latter.

Will2K2
05-24-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by siver-SI
OK dumb question has anyone e-mailed or called Jackson to see what is up with the numbers? I have e-mailed them in the past and they got back to me about 2 days latter.

Good Idea,

I would love for "Mr Jackson" to come to this site, the way the dude from Borla did

Just to see what the "real-world" (end consumer) thinks of the whole deal

JRSC= "Just say No!", for the money do a TypeS / or Teg-R swap!

CleanBlackSi02
05-24-2003, 09:01 AM
For as much as I'm sure that's going to cost, I'd rather get the Cybernation turbo and plan on buying a clutch later on. I'm sure our engines can handle the 7 pounds of boost the turbo provides. I'd be embarassed if I had a high 14 second supercharged car.

ep pilot
05-24-2003, 09:46 AM
Well I have to say, This kit works for me. I wanted an RSX-S new, yet at the time did not have $24K to drop down on that product. I have then had several raises at work, making good $$$ and don't want to buy another car. I paid $15.5 for my Civic I think $3k is not bad to get RSX-S like performance. I am even liking the low boost level too. I don't want a kit that will eat axles, burn up clutches, and mostly seize motors.

I am not a tuner, am not entering competion racing, trying to collect sponsors or whatever, Just want a more derivable daily driver. More pull while passing, or carrying passengers, less bogg while pulling steep grades, blaah blaa ba. This is a fantastic kit, all of you ought to quit complaining and be thankful someone is sharing some enthusiasm for our limited production car. You all could be stuck bolting bullshit onto your K20's for the next 10 years, If that

2k2_nbp_egg
05-24-2003, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ep pilot
[B] You all could be stuck bolting bullshit onto your K20's for the next 10 years, If that

02TafWhtSi
05-24-2003, 10:22 AM
[B]Well I have to say, This kit works for me. I wanted an RSX-S new, yet at the time did not have $24K to drop down on that product. I have then had several raises at work, making good $$$ and don't want to buy another car. I paid $15.5 for my Civic I think $3k is not bad to get RSX-S like performance. I am even liking the low boost level too. I don't want a kit that will eat axles, burn up clutches, and mostly seize motors.

I am not a tuner, am not entering completion racing, trying to collect sponsors or whatever, Just want a more derivable daily driver. More pull while passing, or carrying passengers, less bogg while pulling steep grades, blaah blaa ba. This is a fantastic kit, all of you ought to quit complaining and be thankful someone is sharing some enthusiasm for our limited production car. You all could be stuck bolting bullshit onto your K20's for the next 10 years, If that

IceD out N CALI
05-24-2003, 10:30 AM
it might not be cheap, but dang, it doesnt sound like a bad quality product so far. if someone gets it and it proves to be reliable means of aquiring some real horsies i might think bout getting it:)

Papa Bear
05-24-2003, 11:01 AM
Isn't this basic setup as shown in the magazine gonna be around $2700 to $2900? I thought the new Focus kit is around that price and that the $4000 kit includes higher boost and RSX injectors etc? I think we all need more info on the pricing and the upgradeability of the new unit before trashing jrsc. They have a pretty good reputation and at least somebody is producing upgrades for our cars. I am looking for more throttle response for spirited driving everyday. If all I cared about was the 1/4 mile I wouldn't have bought a civic.

EP33
05-24-2003, 11:12 AM
I'm sure that Jackson is making about $1500 to $2000 profit on this kit. It is overpriced, but I believe the SC is good for 100,000 miles, and I like that.

I AM NOT starting a turbo vs. SC forum here, however, it seems the K series engine configuration better suits a SC vs. a turbo. I like turbos, but I don't like the idea of having my turbo sandwiched between the engine block and firewall. Can you say cracked header?

The SC looks "at home" on the front of the K-Series motor, without all of that extra shi* a turbo requires
:rolleyes:

Gotta say too, that I could give a beer fart about my FN trap speed. Trap deez in yo mouf :angel:

Plenty of other rides out there capable of spankin some EP arse STOCK!

Type X
05-24-2003, 12:03 PM
To all the kids saying that the kits a rip off and that better to drop a motor
what about all the kids that got I H and E and hondata

thats roughly 1400 already there

why would u do ANY of that when thats half the motor swap $ PLUS the $ from selling your STOCK never modded k20 to some kid

i don't understand logic
if u want a 200+hp car go buy one
we all bought hondas. . . . they tell u that before we signed the paperwork

everyone is like oooooo cybernation & greddy and revhard but when internals start getting fried that 3k turbo kit is gonna run u 6k
there isn't a vast arrray of internals for the ep

and a SC ep over a IHE if fine IMO

quiet = and quick

ALWAYS superceeds BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZINg

nomatter WHAT the cost is

- Mike

mrfixit687
05-24-2003, 12:34 PM
whats the torque numbers on that badboy? i'd get that supercharger alone for more added torque vs a2 swap.
torque > vtec

!@#$%
05-24-2003, 04:24 PM
torque IS > Vtec. no arguments there. :)

I've heard good stories and bad stories about JSRCs but even that much money is out of my budget. I will enjoy hearing everyone's stories about getting FI.

bioevolve
05-24-2003, 04:46 PM
Remeber awhile back, I (twice) raced a JRSC 2000 Civic Si running @ 8psi at Rockingham Dragway and beat him lol. I was running 50shot of N2O then. SC's are good for meduim power gains and medium cost with better reliablilities factor for FI. Tis my opinion.

Will2K2
05-24-2003, 05:07 PM
Type S Swap (or Teg-R if you can find it cheap)
=$4,000????????

Hondata
=$600

AEM CAI (that you already have and can carry over to The Type S)
=$0

Dealing with some exhaust issues (factory S header, etc...)
=$250 (on the high side)

Total (lets call it $5,000 just to be ont the safe side)

SELLING YOUR K-20A3 to some dude with a 2001 Coupe or some freak putting it into an EK

=- $2,500

Total True cost of Swap

$2,500!!!!!!!!!!!!

JRSC (does the Kit include EVERYTHING YOU need?)

$4,000ish

Do the math

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
05-24-2003, 05:12 PM
Yes, he's *easily* making $2000 profit on each kits.
There's probably $800 in parts included in the kit.
Nothing wrong w/ making money, thats what retail's all about.
But personally, i wouldnt even look twice at this kit if its $3000+.
If you're looking for a reliable bump in HP and got the $ go for it.
But I wont be happy until i'm making 300HP.
And the JRSC wont get me there.
Turbo will.
The placement of the turbo in the ep may not be optimal but there's nothing wrong with it.
Heat shouldnt be too much of an issue as there is adequate airflow back there.
As for a cracking manifold, that wont be an issue with my www.full-race.com manifold.
My friend Geoff can fabricate some SICK stuff.
I'll be putting him to use when he gets back from AZ this summer.
SEE PIC OF HIS WORK ATTACHED BELOW!

Originally posted by EP33
I'm sure that Jackson is making about $1500 to $2000 profit on this kit. It is overpriced, but I believe the SC is good for 100,000 miles, and I like that.

I AM NOT starting a turbo vs. SC forum here, however, it seems the K series engine configuration better suits a SC vs. a turbo. I like turbos, but I don't like the idea of having my turbo sandwiched between the engine block and firewall. Can you say cracked header?

The SC looks "at home" on the front of the K-Series motor, without all of that extra shi* a turbo requires
:rolleyes:

Gotta say too, that I could give a beer fart about my FN trap speed. Trap deez in yo mouf :angel:

Plenty of other rides out there capable of spankin some EP arse STOCK!

2k2_nbp_egg
05-24-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Type X
To all the kids saying that the kits a rip off and that better to drop a motor
what about all the kids that got I H and E and hondata

thats roughly 1400 already there

why would u do ANY of that when thats half the motor swap $ PLUS the $ from selling your STOCK never modded k20 to some kid

i don't understand logic
if u want a 200+hp car go buy one
we all bought hondas. . . . they tell u that before we signed the paperwork

everyone is like oooooo cybernation & greddy and revhard but when internals start getting fried that 3k turbo kit is gonna run u 6k
there isn't a vast arrray of internals for the ep

and a SC ep over a IHE if fine IMO

quiet = and quick

ALWAYS superceeds BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZINg

nomatter WHAT the cost is

- Mike

lol dude were u drunk when you posted this :)? I couldn't follow your point, but Ive spent my money on suspension first, so I really couldn't tell you about dropping a grand a half on i/h/e/hondata :( Dropping a grand into suspension on the other hand.....:cool: I plan on doing power at once w/ something nice, and I would choose this if it were the price a fucking JSRC should be. If it's over 3 grand, a swap would seriously be the smarter thing to do IMO. You can always sell your engine / keep it as a back up w/ the swap, but you can't get anything out of the SC money wise.

Originally posted by EP33
Gotta say too, that I could give a beer fart about my FN trap speed. Trap deez in yo mouf

And if you don't give a shit about traps or times, then what the fuck matters? Dynos? How you feel about it? How your mom feels about it? No, you get performance parts to go faster, and your QM times and traps are obvious indicators of this. I know you already know this...why am i telling this to you..:o [bumfights hobo] maaaaanngggg Only thing im trappin in my mouf is that crackpipe :'( Rocks...yeeaayyy!![/bumfights hobo]

mhx
05-24-2003, 06:02 PM
seee this is why ya wait for some1 to buy the kit.. get there car wrecked or somethign and they part out and u get a deal for 1000-1500 on the kit :)

EP33
05-24-2003, 07:01 PM
Adamnquick-THAT IS ONE TIGHT ASS MANIFOLD:eek: It doesn't look like it'll crack. I would like to see it bolted to an engine on an engine dyno white hot :D @ 2 bar boost :)

Mad props Sir Geoff, hella craftsmanship. . . If I ha that mani on my K20, I'd mount mirrors all around so others could see it.

Better yet I'd mount it to my roof cuz it looks so damn clean.

BTW. . .bout how murch somthin like dat coss ?

Oh yeah, are any of the turbo kits out for K20s 50 state & C.A.R.B. LEGAL?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
05-24-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by mhx
seee this is why ya wait for some1 to buy the kit.. get there car wrecked or somethign and they part out and u get a deal for 1000-1500 on the kit :)

better idea, since this kit is *toast* in any front impact accident, you'd be better off waiting for someone who buys it, is disappointed w/ the performance, and decides to sell it.

note: another positive for going turbo route, accident wont destroy kit...lol

graham
05-24-2003, 07:20 PM
Alright, I'll play devil's advocate here ... I think the SC is the best $$$ way to go if you want 200 hp to the wheels.

First ... Price. I was sure that I heard that the street price for the Focus ZX3 SC kit was around $2800 US ... since this is basically the same blower, etc, the kit for the Si will be about the same. Based on this price, would anyone change their minds???

Secondly ... Resale. Lets say 3 years down the road you want to sell your EP. You can always uninstall the SC and sell it seperately ... and then sell your car *stockified*.

FACT: Engine swaps decrease resale.

Just a thought ...

G

ep pilot
05-24-2003, 07:28 PM
Again it appears to me we have a thread full of "Race-Car-Drivers" That

02TafWhtSi
05-24-2003, 07:35 PM
Again EP Pilot, I can't agree more :)

Papa Bear
05-24-2003, 08:24 PM
205 whp for $2900 buks is what I think the final deal will be. I am much more interested in improving the total all around performance and looks of my vehicle than racing it. I have invested a little money in suspension and wheel/tire upgrades and the improvement in performance was very noticable. The car is even more fun to drive than it was stock. I think the JRSC will be for customers like me who want more power but don't want to sacrifice the reliability or longevity of the car. I think my car will be a riot to drive with this upgrade!

FailureToStop
05-24-2003, 10:25 PM
I guess the 14.7 that SCC got is pretty good. And we all know that SCC drivers tend to traditionally have low times.

An A2 swap only got 15.08.
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9305&highlight=k20a2

Where are you guys getting the $4K price tag? If that is MSRP... then it is probably going to be ~$3200-3400 out on the street.

Will2K2
05-25-2003, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by FailureToStop
I guess the 14.7 that SCC got is pretty good. And we all know that SCC drivers tend to traditionally have low times.

An A2 swap only got 15.08.
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9305&highlight=k20a2

Where are you guys getting the $4K price tag? If that is MSRP... then it is probably going to be ~$3200-3400 out on the street.

That 15.08 was in Super HOT , very humid conditions at a High Altitude.

Compare it to the other #'s in the same test, it was still way faster than the Stock Si or the Type S that was tested

W

Jodster
05-25-2003, 07:56 AM
Wow guys. Good show going on. Just like ep pilot and 02TafWhtSi I bought my honda because its a HONDA. Reliability. If I wanted a car to build having around 400+whp I would have bought a Supra. I plan on my SI lasting me, granted I want it to have a little more power. I'm wanting to be in between 200-250whp. And a JR super charger is the way to go. For me that is. Some of you might want to go turbo and rebuild your K20 to make 400whp. Good for you. I'm looking forward to seeing it. But thats not the route some of us want to do. So please don't bash a product just because you want more power.

Someone need to get the JR supercharger and dyno it. I believe it makes over 200whp, but I think it can do better. With I/H/E and the upgraded boost kit I can see it in the 250ish-275ish whp. IMO.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
05-25-2003, 09:29 AM
[B]Again it appears to me we have a thread full of "Race-Car-Drivers" That

KickerSi
05-25-2003, 09:42 AM
I'm sorry guys but they way I have a habit of wrecking cars I dont think I could justify the SC, let alone the cost of the beast. As for the, "engine swaps decrease value" bs, my friend just sold is 1993 Civic HB with a LS motor for $6500. Where I live cars with swaps sell high and sell fast. I want an A2 swap more than boost, this way people will think I'm stock. :D

bioevolve
05-25-2003, 10:25 AM
Who started that crap about, "your car's value is less if you have mods on it" ? that is total BS, cuz it will be worth more with the mods. Just the value of the car drops(which is normal), then you add in the current used value of the mods to the total price.

2k2_nbp_egg
05-25-2003, 11:12 AM
Secondly ... Resale. Lets say 3 years down the road you want to sell your EP. You can always uninstall the SC and sell it seperately ... and then sell your car *stockified*.
Yes, I realize that when you sell a swapped car back to the DEALER, it has decreased in value, but if you just put all that money into a car, and turn around and sell it to a dealer you just lost alot of money that could have been had by selling it to a private buyer who WOULD pay bigger bucks. But you're saying that if you did put a SC on this car, when it came time to sell it you'd just uninstall it? And then what? Tell the person that you drove the shit out of this thing, it was boosted, but now it's off and ready to be sold? Or just lie and say it was never boosted? Heh whatever, but i would much rather buy a car that had a newer engine w/ less miles swapped in w/ a newer tranny and had a couple bolt ons, opposed to an ex boosted engine. Anyway, back on to the JRSC.

I'm not saying that it's a bad kit itself, (i never said that) im saying that for the price it should offer more, or the price should be lowered a bit. Oh well, this thread has way too much speculation going on. We need actual info from JR themselves on the pricing of this kit, better QM times, whats included, and any other issues.

Well, since I'm a pseudo race car driver, maybe you can point out where I or anyone else said that this product was inferior(inferior to what)? Or that it's a turd cuz it doesn't push out 500hp. And where the fuck has anyone said that they wanted over 500 whp? Personally for me 250 whp would be an excellent and fun setup, and I would more than likely kill myself with any more. So i'll wait and see if this kit can do anything like that, and if it can, then i guess i'll go race out and buy it, since im a race car driver and all.

If I were an aftermarket manufacture like Jackson Racing, I would go on a site like this wait for all the F$#@&% "Race-Car-Drivers" to come on and start talking S#@& Say that I am gonna build a kit that bolts on and makes 600hp to the wheels then sell it for $50 and some change, then change my mind at the last minute and focus on SUV's & Minivans, since their owners don't think they are "Race-Car-Drivers" And don't give poop about 1/4 miles or traps.
OK guy, sorry that some people use QM as an accurate representation of a car's performance. And that is why you buy a SC, to improve a car's performance. So maybe you can tell me of a more accurate way? How far it pushes you into your seat? How loud of a grunt it gives? :rolleyes:

BTW, you do alot more street racing than I do, so I guess you're a race car driver too d00d!!! And you traded in a 1.8t jetta for this car? Plz don't tell me it was a 5 speed 180hp/180tq 1.8t jetta, because after driving my ex's 02' 1.8T jetta w/ APR chip, high octane, and other shit, I almost cried that i broke up with her.

Jodster
05-25-2003, 11:25 AM
DO you guys think it is possible to get around 250whp with the JR supercharger, upgraded boost kit, and I/H/E? I think the numbers they showed are a little low. 204whp with SC and 125whp stock. Sense the numbers on there stock are low, than wouldn't it be more like 213whp with SC? I really am intrested in a JR SC and I'm looking to be around 250whp. I just hope someone orders one and shows us some better dyno numbers.

02SilverSiHB
05-25-2003, 11:53 AM
wow, I haven't read all the replies, but most of them.

I'm not sure where Fontana is, but we have to consider different tracks, different drivers, different conditions will give different results. The kit is running only 5psi, so that's not too bad. I will never get the JRSC mainly because of heat issues. Too much heat and that JRSC kills and bogs the engine...I had one. If you just want some added power with out all the extras and don't plan on going over 5 psi and don't want any turbo lag...get the JRSC. It's not met for everyone. It's a good setup if it's installed right, tuned correctly, and isn't over boosted. Too much boost and it will heat your car up like crazy, you'll get detonation like crazy and fight to try and get rid of it.

So to those who want this, I really wouldn't bother going over 5psi.

Oh and I guess the JRSC would help for autocrossing :D

Jodster
05-25-2003, 12:04 PM
So its not ok to get the up graded boost kit? Man that sucks.:(

02SilverSiHB
05-25-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Jodster
So its not ok to get the up graded boost kit? Man that sucks.:(
I don't think it's okay, but I'm not the All Mighty :D
If you must upgrade the boost on that kit, then get JRSC's and no other. Don't go above what they have as an upgrade, that kit can't have an intercooler on it, so you can imagine the heat it will produce and detonation you will be at risk of. Also, too much boost and it is bad on the blower it self. Also when getting the boost upgrade, hopefully hondata will have a setup for it, that would help a lot in tuning.

LordKoo
05-25-2003, 12:40 PM
I personally would not pay extra for a modded car. I go by market value. Whatever you put in is not OEM, is your own taking...

Unless there is somebody who appreciates what the modded car is. Else I would not see any extra value in it.

ep pilot
05-25-2003, 01:36 PM
[originally posted by 2k2_nbp_egg [/i]

BTW, you do alot more street racing than I do, so I guess you're a race car driver too d00d!!! And you traded in a 1.8t jetta for this car? Plz don't tell me it was a 5 speed 180hp/180tq 1.8t jetta, because after driving my ex's 02' 1.8T jetta w/ APR chip, high octane, and other shit, I almost cried that i broke up with her.

To each his own, but yes I had a Black/Beige Leather 5spd GLS 1.8t Jetta. This car was the biggest lemon I have ever known anyone to get the misfortune of owning. Two differential replacements in three months, followed by a complete trans overhaul after failed differential grinding. Two coilpack replacements in two months, three window regulators. The entire A/C system had to be torn down and replaced after disabling the car and leaving me stranded two hours from home:mad: The car rattled and squeaked like a horse & buggy, the paint sucked and was very soft, you could leave an impression with a finger nail. The last straw was the excessive oil consumption, the dealer did a complete engine tear down, replaced rings , sleeves, pistons, and the problem got worse. That was the week I traded the car in on the Si. Again My 1.8t was all stock with an exception of trading a budy my 15" Avus wheels for his '02 17" GTI monte carlo wheels. I was scared to death to mod the car for fear of warranty issues and being stuck with a lemon. I was disappointed with the 1.8t's stock performance more than anything, the lag factor makes for an exceptionally vague powerband that dies off fast after 5K All Volkswagens are like this though, even VR6 powered cars. I love how smooth our N/A 2.0L is all the way to the fuel cut. I had a bad experience with a turbo car so I am partial to supercharging, A swap is out of the question, also don

chet
05-25-2003, 02:37 PM
FYI, I emailed Jackson Racing and told them about our dilemna. I let them know that we would really like a rep to come and talk with us, here at the site, about our inquiries. Also said we need price, dyno, psi #'s. Hopefully a response will get here in a day or two.

I personally have a new found love for auto-x. And feel that the JRSC would be a perfect application. I enjoy the strip as well, but if I wanted to run 13's or less, I would have simply purchased a different automobile. I have never driven a turbo'd or sc'd auto. So the difference between the two to me, is unknown. "There's nothing like the sound of a turbo". . .I hope no one is buying a turbo for audio purposes!! I want faster, but nothing crazy. I need to get the rest of the points back on my license. I will also add, that I will not pay $4,000 for the kit. Unless they throw in a date with Angelina Jolie.

2k2_nbp_egg
05-25-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by ep pilot

On another note someone else mentioned they thought the only difference between a K20-2 & K20-3 is the last 2K on the tachometer, frankly that doesn't do poop for seat of the pants, again I don't ever plan to go to the track, so I would rather feel the torque come on early and pull to redline, which is what the J/R kit sounds like it plans to deliver.

-Ryan

Meeehhhhhh....yea....but since the k24 fits in our cars, im sure w/ some tunning that it could be one torq-e mother fucker. There was some dude at car boys saying that JDM K27's were out there as well....sounds interesting.

Sorry to hear that about your jetta, the only problem i can recall my ex having was the coilpacks, which i've heard is a pretty common failure among dubs. Two differentials? Tranny overhaul? Rebuilt engine? Holy shit....

Anyway, i'll admit that this kit sounds promising, but if i ever do get it, it'll be a long long time after it's released and it's been all figured out.

02SilverSiHB
05-25-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by chet
"There's nothing like the sound of a turbo". . .I hope no one is buying a turbo for audio purposes!! I want faster, but nothing crazy.
you should hear a JRSC....crazy! I know that's not a reason to buy it, but damn it's crazy. I can't even explain, it's like you can actually here the velocity of the air being sucked into the engine. People would break their neck when I came zooming by in my 97 EX :D I over boosted that poor thing, can you say 10lbs of boost from the stock 6psi? That was stupid...that's the stupidest thing I've ever done

IceD out N CALI
05-25-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by LordKoo
I personally would not pay extra for a modded car. I go by market value. Whatever you put in is not OEM, is your own taking...

Unless there is somebody who appreciates what the modded car is. Else I would not see any extra value in it.

you know what they say, in the end the market determines the value

RMC22
05-25-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02
For as much as I'm sure that's going to cost, I'd rather get the Cybernation turbo and plan on buying a clutch later on. I'm sure our engines can handle the 7 pounds of boost the turbo provides. I'd be embarassed if I had a high 14 second supercharged car.

But you're not embarrassed that the Odyssey would beat the SI in the 1/4 mile?? :mad:

02SilverSiHB
05-25-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by RMC22

But you're not embarrassed that the Odyssey would beat the SI in the 1/4 mile?? :mad:
you think so?

RMC22
05-25-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

you think so?

I think it was in Grass Roots... It finished right before the SI. Lets keep in mind the mini was an auto and heavier. Sad sad. :(

NemesisITR
05-25-2003, 08:23 PM
Since I am probably going to turn my Ep into my track car I think I will go with the Type S motor swap, JRSC for the Type S, leave the 5 speed, ACT clutch and Fly wheel and add an LSD.

Just something I might do.

Az02Si
05-25-2003, 11:54 PM
This is JUST LIKE when SCC ran low/mid 16s in our cars,and THEN some of us ran mid/high 15s stock.....The kit is gonna suck when its new because no one knows how to get it to run properly...Remember when the kit for the 99 Si came out,and people were having issues left and right,and running shitty times? itll be like that for the EP for a while too.....I do NOT trust SCC times anyways...remember the project 00 Si with the JRSC?Ran like a 14.70 with upped boost? ROFL....I had the same setup as them more or less and ran mid 13s.....If a b16 can run mid 13s on 9 psi,the k20a3 can run the same if not SLIGHTLY better times with the same boost levels...Let the damn hting hit the market,let a few people run it,and THEN form judgements...I bet any of us with i/h/e,and that kit hit 13s EASY after a lil dyno time.....

02SilverSiHB
05-26-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Az02Si
This is JUST LIKE when SCC ran low/mid 16s in our cars,and THEN some of us ran mid/high 15s stock.....The kit is gonna suck when its new because no one knows how to get it to run properly...Remember when the kit for the 99 Si came out,and people were having issues left and right,and running shitty times? itll be like that for the EP for a while too.....I do NOT trust SCC times anyways...remember the project 00 Si with the JRSC?Ran like a 14.70 with upped boost? ROFL....I had the same setup as them more or less and ran mid 13s.....If a b16 can run mid 13s on 9 psi,the k20a3 can run the same if not SLIGHTLY better times with the same boost levels...Let the damn hting hit the market,let a few people run it,and THEN form judgements...I bet any of us with i/h/e,and that kit hit 13s EASY after a lil dyno time.....
yeah, unfortunetly scc runs their cars in a bad place.

sniperSI
05-26-2003, 12:36 PM
7 psi and hondata, your at mid 13's all day i abet.

stock psi, and stock ecu, you get what the mag said.

chet
06-09-2003, 02:10 AM
I have yet to receive an email back from Jackson Racing. I've mailed them twice inviting them to visit here (Would benefit both sides), but they are, either too busy to email back; or not interested in helping me with info. The latest issue of Honda Tuning has an article on the JRSC RSX-S and JRSC Si. I will say that most of the article is on the RSX. And doesn't really say anything about probable price or when it will be available for our car. They just aren't sure on output yet. Different dyno results are being found on the same car with different magazine testing (stock rsx-s and Si). I will continue to email JR. The article is interesting nonetheless. I suggest picking it up.

EDIT: I just received an email back from Steve Mendez of Jackson Racing. He says that the JRSC for the EP will not be released until late July and that no info (price, and or parts list ) will be available until then.