PDA

View Full Version : Whose Ep is still new and perfect?

snubnose
05-24-2003, 04:17 PM
On June 4, I will have had my Si a year. Because I already have a beater car, my Si has only 4,200 miles on it. That might be an Ephatch record.

However, I keep the hatch outside in the rain, snow, and under the birds. It is not perfect anymore. It has scratches and swirls here and there. There are paint abrasions from the birds.

I figure, anything that is kept and driven on outdoor roads will get used looking. I still will keep the Si clean and waxed, but I know it will not stay perfect. It is an illusion to think a well-used car will not receive character marks.

Nonetheless, my Si still looks great and I still treasure it.

My question is, does anybody here have an Ep that is still close to perfect looking after owning it for a while? How do you do it?

f1fever
05-24-2003, 05:58 PM
I was about to say mine is perfect shape...
But I just found out I got a door ding today. Damn people!:(

dchu
05-24-2003, 08:24 PM
Your problem: black. My last civic was black and it was a bitch to keep swirl free and "new" looking. You can put on glazes and such but after a week or so you'll see the swirls coming back. That's why I bought white this time :D. I've only washed it twice since I bought it in November, but to me it always looks clean. It was also perfect until last week when somebody swiped my rear bumper at school :mad: . Only a minor 1.5" gash about 2mm wide though...I'm over it now.

icegrill
05-24-2003, 09:12 PM
I'm going to vouch that it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep a new car new if you actually drive it. I actually feel rage when I think of my car with 1800 miles on it, 7months old and already having the whole fucking passenger side repainted. All because of a stupid crack in the paint on the lip of the fender. Silver is impossible to repaint perfect.

Civicvtec1ps
05-24-2003, 09:27 PM
my car is 6 days old. bird shi* all over already. its not cool.:(

blackyEP3
05-24-2003, 09:42 PM
My car wasn't "new" looking when it came off the lot!! I just moved to a new house and there is dirt everywhere so its IMPOSSIBLE to keep clean!!! :(

Did I mention my car is black by the way??!:confused: :'(

ep88
05-24-2003, 09:51 PM
i have a black EP too and she has tons of swirl marks now :'(
ohh i bought my SI last nov. 2002 and i have now 3000 miles ;)

natesi
05-24-2003, 10:26 PM
I don't think there's such a thing as a "perfect" car, even new from the factory.

The last two cars I bought had a handful of small things wrong with them, but many are too nit-picky to complain about. Yet for teh $19 grand they want for this car I expect more. But it's probably just me. I can find something wrong on ANY new vehicle quite easily.

SiR Medic
05-25-2003, 08:22 AM
My car does have a few rock chips and scratches in it...

But I don't mind! I didn't buy the car to collect dust in a garage! I bought the car to drive... HARD!

Every bug splatter and rock chip on my car is a testament to ability to go fast!

I look at them like well-earned battle scars! :cool:

SBC31
05-25-2003, 08:54 AM
Mine is still pretty good (knock on wood), but I'm anal as to where I park it, and it is always indoors at home and at work. Plus, I did get a Silver one, and this is a color that is a low maitenance color in my opinion.

Of course keeping a car looking like it did when you got it from the lot is pretty much a losing battle. This is why I haven't had a car for longer then 3 years...lol! Of course, I plan on keeping my 02 SiR for at least 4 years, but if the Type R makes it to Canada, it will be hard not getting one. Sorry to start anything on the Type R again, please don't make this thread become a Type R one.

SinisterCivicSi
05-25-2003, 09:30 AM
well, considering i drive ALOT on the beltway and i bought it in sept. 2002 and it already has close to 20K on her, i would say she looks dam good. i just now a few days ago got an extremely tiny door ding, barely noticeable, and a few hood chips (from beltway driving) but i think she looks awsome.

i plan on getting a beater hopefully early next year to keep the miles off her - so that will help. i would love a crx or another hatch.

Type X
05-25-2003, 09:50 AM
i have about 13k on mine
had it since august 15th 02
i keep it out on the driveway and has been to almost 15 states :)

:eek:

one tiny dent that is getting pulled from PDR and i got a rock chip on my front bumper the other day
and wed its going in for full front end repaint ;)

i am very anal with my vehicles:cool:

TrippZ
05-25-2003, 11:46 AM
Miles : Just under 2,600
Condition : Been garaged almost the whole time :)
Damage : Small ding from hitting my weed wacker in the garage ~.~ fuckin piece of shit