PDA

View Full Version : Back from bodyshop hell.

icegrill
05-24-2003, 08:20 PM
Here are the pics of my passenger and drive side. The passenger side is the one that was repainted. It looks pretty damn good, no tape lines at all, but the color seems to shift sort of cloudy right under the rear quarter glass. I hate silver paint. You can only really tell if it's hit by a certain light. Should I just say fuck it and live with it?:(

icegrill
05-24-2003, 08:52 PM
Passenger side:

icegrill
05-24-2003, 08:57 PM
Drivers side:

Civicvtec1ps
05-24-2003, 09:52 PM
what percent do you have on ur si ? they look good?
20% all around?

bioevolve
05-24-2003, 10:20 PM
Passenger side rear quarter is dull, driver side rear quarter is glossy like original.

natesi
05-24-2003, 10:22 PM
Hard decision...

For the amount of money a person gets raped on for body work, and insurance, it should be damn good. But at the same time it's decent work and if you mess with it... it could come back worse... and plus your without a car THAT much longer.

I'd probably take it to another body shop (or two) and ask them for their professional opinion on the work performed on your car.

Civicvtec1ps
05-24-2003, 10:33 PM
they look pretty good to me.
mathces good imo.

SinisterCivicSi
05-24-2003, 11:24 PM
if its not right, and not looking "normal" then take it back. did you get it done at the dealer? make them redo it until your satisfied....that is your right.....and alot of people dont really understand that. when a bodyshop fixes your shit, they half ass it cause most people dont say anything and just take it cause its inconvienent for them to not have their car. dont take it if your not 100% happy. it took one honda dealer 6 months to get our crv looking like it used to before the accident it was in and we got one person fired in the process.
if it were their car, they would want it done right, so why should yours be any different.

AznPower
05-25-2003, 12:52 AM
thats pretty good imo. considering they only painted the quarter panel. our silver color is a bitch to match and your never going to get it perfect or the exact same color unless u paint the whole car

Pir8pete
05-25-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by SinisterCivicSi
if its not right, and not looking "normal" then take it back. did you get it done at the dealer? make them redo it until your satisfied....that is your right.....and alot of people dont really understand that. when a bodyshop fixes your shit, they half ass it cause most people dont say anything and just take it cause its inconvienent for them to not have their car. dont take it if your not 100% happy. it took one honda dealer 6 months to get our crv looking like it used to before the accident it was in and we got one person fired in the process.
if it were their car, they would want it done right, so why should yours be any different.

I totaly agree, i'm the same dam way :)

xlr8
05-25-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by bioevolve
Passenger side rear quarter is dull, driver side rear quarter is glossy like original.

TrippZ
05-25-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by bioevolve

ditto

icegrill
05-25-2003, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the responses, I'm just sick about the paint. This is by far the best bodyshop in my area. They even had the dupont reps look at the car before they painted it. All this was done because of a little rust chip in the fender. THey first just blended into the door but it took on a smokey appearrance. The only option was to spray the whole side to get a consistent color. It's not really dull, the light may effect the looks of that. It's more of a very subtle discrepency in the amount of metallic. They already had my car for 3 weeks plus put in a new quarter glass for free. Silver is just such a nightmare to match. Have you guys/girls ever heard of other instances with brand new cars having to have paintwork done from new. I feel so pissed and ripped off. I didn't even wreck it or have it vandalized.

SinisterCivicSi
05-25-2003, 09:43 PM
not really, the only vehicle that i know of that was silver and needed bodywork/paint was my dad's old dodge ram truck. he had a front quarter panel replaced, they painted that and half the door to blend, and it was an awsome job, i couldnt see where the "factory" paint ended and the new paint started..they did a good job. but then again that was a good 6 years ago....but paints should be better now?? right??