PDA

View Full Version : When to use the recirculate button?

snubnose
05-25-2003, 08:33 AM
I haven't consulted the owner's manual for a while. It's out of reach right now. Nonetheless, I love the lime green light that comes on when the recirculate button is on, especially at night.

When is the proper time to use the recirculate button? I use it when there is a tractor trailor near me that is belching smoke and I don't want that smoke to come into the cabin.

I like the way a simple press of a button will keep that crap outside my car.

Loudpedal
05-25-2003, 09:30 AM
Using the recirc. button will also super cool the car when the a/c is on.

513n179
05-25-2003, 09:55 AM
i think the manual says to keep it open sometimes to let fresh air go through. i think it helps avoid the funky smell that builds up.

ATRIOT
05-25-2003, 11:39 AM
Actually the manual says to keep it off, and draw fresh air in all the time, unless if your in dusty or otherwise inhosptiable atmospheric conditions.

RMC22
05-25-2003, 04:34 PM
Hm.. The light is amber. The AC button is green. Unless yours is a freak. :o

Originally posted by snubnose
I haven't consulted the owner's manual for a while. It's out of reach right now. Nonetheless, I love the lime green light that comes on when the recirculate button is on, especially at night.

When is the proper time to use the recirculate button? I use it when there is a tractor trailor near me that is belching smoke and I don't want that smoke to come into the cabin.

I like the way a simple press of a button will keep that crap outside my car.

siver-SI
05-25-2003, 04:54 PM
I just used it for when it stinks out side from a dead animal on the side of the road you turn it in and the stench will not come in. It is also great for cooling your self off with the AC on.

Joker
05-25-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by siver-SI
I just used it for when it stinks out side from a dead animal on the side of the road you turn it in and the stench will not come in.
Or when following a diesel Mercedes :mad: