PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Light ....anyone else?

ApexinSi
08-14-2002, 09:49 AM
I finally got whatever was wrong with my SRS light fixed and now I have my Maintenance light on that blinks a few times after starting the car, but then goes away...The Dealership told me it's because I need a 7k mile service done(oil change..etc.). However...In my service manual is says every 5k...5-10-15-20..etc... Now is this maintenance light supposed to come on when a oil change is needed? I'd much rather do my own oil changes.. Any helpfull information would be appreciated

DrPimpSiR
08-14-2002, 12:20 PM
The light blinks after you have gone over 7000 miles just incase you forgot to get the oil changed at 5000. If you look in your owners manual, it does talk about this and tells how to reset the counter.

ApexinSi
08-14-2002, 12:28 PM
DrPimpSiR, I've already had my 5k oil change....should this light still come on?...I'm past 7k btw.
The guy at Honda told me it would be $96 or something and they were going to balance my tires, check my rear brakes and some other b/s...sounded kinda odd to me since I remember the owners manual saying I only need to change the oil every 5k.. I haven't had a chance to look in my book cause it's at my girls house...I'll be getting it tonight...and cancelling my appointment w/honda.

fishboy
08-14-2002, 01:43 PM
it doesn't have anything to do with the oil. it is just there to remind you your 10k service is coming up. it will stay on after 10k, i know, i'm already there. nothing to worry about.

nikkotyper
08-14-2002, 02:17 PM
If you have taken care of the maintanence, reset it per user's manual's instructions.

Honda techs should have done this for you.
If you do your own maintenance, then do not forget to reset it.