PDA

View Full Version : anyone with grillcraft upper?

321 GO
05-26-2003, 06:19 AM
does anyone have a grillcraft front upper grill? im looking for pics on how it is installed. im gonna get one, but first i wanna see how it goes on. i was looking at the rsx one and i noticed you have to drill into a pretty noticeable spot on the bumper(if you ever decided to take it off) and i wanna make sure its not the same thing for the si. ive been waiting for grillcraft to post them on there website but its taking them forever. i did look at the install for the 2dr/4dr and that one seems to be ok but i just wanna make sure. basically i don't want to be seeing holes if i ever took it off.

swapp99
05-26-2003, 11:14 PM
I put one one my Ep... I like it... fairly easy to install. look for instructions to remove front bumper on grill craft site.similar to other civic bumpers.Follow GC instructions.... only one drill hole was needed. Remove tops clips, bottom clips and 2 screws in the tire firewall. Remove bumper lights... then slide of bumper.. go slow... wiggle it lose:p in short.. it give it a nice look.. I will probaly change it after I can afford the type R body kit.

321 GO
05-27-2003, 02:35 AM
so will you be able to see that hole if you were to put the original grill back on?

swapp99
05-27-2003, 07:58 PM
Nope:) If you put back on the orginal...You won't see the hole because the orginal one sits farther forward and the orginal one has a wider base, covers your hole. Grill Craft sits closer towards the engine bay.... Note that when removing the orginal Don't force it out. before when I was messing with it I thinks i pressed the orginal grill down on to the bumper which made a couple of small marks.. not a big deal... touch up paint will cover ..:o or maybe those marks where already there from factory installation. My guess its from the pressure of one hard plastic (org.grill) on top of the soft one(bumper)
Im planning also to paint the screw head that secures the grill craft black, so it blends in nicer with my black grill
:confused: :confused: KINDA ANAL huh??? but i love my Ep3

321 GO
05-27-2003, 08:16 PM
hey thanks for the reply. looks like i will be ordering one tonight.

IceD out N CALI
05-27-2003, 08:32 PM
anybody got a pic of this upper grill on a black ep?

fishboy
05-28-2003, 10:32 AM
also do you have any pics from further away? thanks.

SubliminalSi
05-28-2003, 11:00 AM
Please dont tell me you forked out $150 for that like it says on the site...:rolleyes:

321 GO
06-22-2003, 12:10 AM
got mine installed. car needs washed but here it is for who ever wanted to see one on a black one.

siver-SI
06-22-2003, 09:00 AM
Just wondering for the lower part is there a way to get it to work with a lower grill area if you have fog lights? My grill is taking a betting down there.

Thanks

IceD out N CALI
06-22-2003, 09:51 AM
doesnt look too bad on the black ep